Author Topic: Wall-E  (Read 23816 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Wall-E
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »
I didn't realize wally had some of you so butthurt, he's gone and he isn't coming back so why are you mad?

I just get pissed when K-State fans say they want a player who is no better than just about any 3* JuCo transfer to come back. I don't want a player who we all know is cacty eating up a scholarship for 2 more years.

I'd liked to have seen him get some time to develop like JHR has and if he sucks, Frank could "buy in or quit" him.

That is exactly what happened. Wally was given much more PT than JHR and did a lot less developing, so Frank "buy in or quit" him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »
Power struggle for Wally.

Bro v Ho.

Ho won. 

Now she is gone.  I think this is being over looked/discounted way too much here.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 09:22:40 AM »
Sounds to me like he is just having The Semester of Wally!

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »
This was supposed to be the semester of Wally

so the ho equals the invitation on the stairs then  :dunno:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:58:24 AM by j-dub »
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:26 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2011, 10:37:37 AM »
eff yes.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »

so the ho equals the envelope on the stairs then  :dunno:

No clue what you are talking about.   :dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »

GTFO
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »

the gsc/hboat*  that's who we are talking about.

*greatest sitcom character/human being of all times

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2011, 12:37:41 PM »

the gsc/hboat*  that's who we are talking about.

*greatest sitcom character/human being of all times

No one can touch J-Dub in terms of HGCIQ

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
You should take a look at the size of my wallet and try to maintain that point of view, sir.  Just TRY.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »
double quarter pounder?? triple?? quad baconator?? what are we talking about here  :ck:

btw, "please, a little respect here, for I am Costanza j-dub the lord of the idiots"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2011, 01:36:02 PM »
has a nice body.

+

Is Wally big (tall) enough to play the 4 in the NBA?  Not referring to what kstatesports lists him as. 
he has a great body.

=

:lol:

=

:ck:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
It's because, given the way these people are using the word "athletic," athleticism isn't measured on the court.  It's measured in units like inches and seconds.  For you, it seems more like "good athlete" simply means good basketball player.  In that case, he's not a good athlete trivially because he's not a good basketball player, right?

no.  good bbll player isn't the same as good athlete, despite probable positive correlations.  almeida for example, i think is a good bball player, but i do not consider him a very good athlete.  in the opposite direction, pattillo was a great athlete, but a mediocre bball player.

i do argue that displayed athleticism over a year and half of playing bball is a better measure of bball athleticism than how high you can jump off one foot after running in from the three point line on an empty court.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »
i'm holding on to my long held position that wally "bulked up" too much in an attempt to "bang down low" and it threw off his balance and slowed him down. he should've "jamar'd it" instead.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2011, 01:58:31 PM »
i'm holding on to my long held position that wally "bulked up" too much in an attempt to "bang down low" and it threw off his balance and slowed him down. he should've "jamar'd it" instead.

If Wally could learn the Lurch, he would be nearly unstoppable. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2011, 07:33:38 PM »
It's because, given the way these people are using the word "athletic," athleticism isn't measured on the court.  It's measured in units like inches and seconds.  For you, it seems more like "good athlete" simply means good basketball player.  In that case, he's not a good athlete trivially because he's not a good basketball player, right?

no.  good bbll player isn't the same as good athlete, despite probable positive correlations.  almeida for example, i think is a good bball player, but i do not consider him a very good athlete.  in the opposite direction, pattillo was a great athlete, but a mediocre bball player.

i do argue that displayed athleticism over a year and half of playing bball is a better measure of bball athleticism than how high you can jump off one foot after running in from the three point line on an empty court.

but if you have observational evidence, there's no real need to make the distinction.  if a guy gets it done, it doesn't matter how.  on the other hand, if you're trying to project how someone will do at the "next level" with no observational evidence at that next level, you want the positive correlation that comes with the things like jumping high and running fast.  so, there's a need to describe that stuff and "athleticism" can work for that.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
I don't see Frank letting him back in:

"The easy thing to do in anything you do is quit. When things are hard, it's easy to quit. That's what everyone does in today's society. You've got a job to do and you don't like what's going on -- just quit. The hard thing to do is continue to believe in your people and stay the course. That's what these kids have done." Frank Martin

:surprised:
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2011, 11:41:51 AM »

"The easy thing to do in anything you do is quit. When things are hard, it's easy to quit. That's what everyone does in today's society. You've got a job to do and you don't like what's going on -- just quit. The hard thing to do is continue to believe in your people and stay the course. That's what these kids have done." Frank Martin

The more we win, the more Wally ain't coming back.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »

Wally's situation is different than Freddy's situation is different from Dom's situation.  Not sure why this is so difficult for everyone.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »

The more our winning has to do with Curt, the more Wally is coming back.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »

The more our winning has to do with Curt, the more Wally is coming back.

The more poison we can shove down that cvnt's throat the more Wally is coming back.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Lynch

• Fan
  • KSUftw smells like salty peanuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »
I think these kids, especially those as physically gifted as Wally is, cruise through their youth athletic careers and never have to work for much.  Then they get to a point where they are challenged.  Some man up, meet the challenge head on, and proceed in their development.  Others choose to quit.  It's a character issue.  (Would take back, too.)

Couldn't agree more. Great Analyses EMO.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
whatever. quitting is fine in some cases. i'm so sick of frank boulsh*t sometimes.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
whatever. quitting is fine in some cases. i'm so sick of frank boulsh*t sometimes.

Anyone else find it too easy to tell when Fatty is just bored... bored and banned from GPC...
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread