Author Topic: I really appreciate . . .  (Read 13000 times)

Offline William Quantrill

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: I really appreciate . . .
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
Note to the tards aka LBBIQ types.

I know you've seen K-State play exactly 3 NCAA tourney games your entire lives, and 2 of those you were wearing diapers and the other was a women's game.

But if the season progresses how we'd all like to see it progress.   Then a team like the fighting Sadlers is exactly who K-State is going to play in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.    They'll gladly take their chances against our athleticism and proclivity to over-commit and overplay everything and do exactly what the Fight SLTH's did tonight.  Most of the time that doesn't work out, but sometimes it does.   Another note to LBBIQ types . . . in the NCAA tourney where do most of your "stunning" upsets come?? In the games that K-State is likely to be seeded in.

You guys can leave your credit card numbers so I can charge you for this lesson.

Now, I'll leave you LBBIQ'ers aka typical K-Staters to sit back and celebrate a win over Nebraska and positively jizz your pants over the prospect of finishing 2nd and maybe making it the round of 32.   Because that's all the typical powerespect type wants . . . a good strong showing. :thumbsup:

Lynch, I was talking at the beginning of the game, but mea culpa for the slight contradiction. albeit we are talking about almost 2 mutually exclusive SLTH offensive schemes the Fighting Sadlers brought to the table tonight.

No I'll worry more about Frank's lack of offensive intelligence once we get to the tourney.  What does our half-court O consist of?  Denis and Jake jacking up threes and being scrappy plus athletic enough to get offensive boards?  Who's our go to player in the clutch?  Does Frank have ISO plays for JamSam or anybody else for that matter?  Our defense is the least of my worries where in 1 out a scrub team's 26 games, they happened to shoot out of their minds.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:49:09 PM by William Quantrill »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 09:48:06 PM »
Hey they're running back door . . . everybody get right up in their guys face, even if they're 25 feet from the basket.    :thumbsup:

kstate was like +10 when nebrasketball tried the backdoor.  but I like the rest of your talking points.  i wouldn't have minded at some point to face guard everybody and forget about help defense.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »
dax, this is what I was talking about when I was telling you to pick your battles - this is absolutely the battle to fight.  (for serious).

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:12 PM »

I know you've seen K-State play exactly 3 NCAA tourney games your entire lives, and 2 of those you were wearing diapers and the other was a women's game.

But if the season progresses how we'd all like to see it progress.   Then a team like the fighting Sadlers is exactly who K-State is going to play in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.    They'll gladly take their chances against our athleticism and proclivity to over-commit and overplay everything and do exactly what the Fight SLTH's did tonight.  Most of the time that doesn't work out, but sometimes it does.   Another note to LBBIQ types . . . in the NCAA tourney where do most of your "stunning" upsets come?? In the games that K-State is likely to be seeded in.

You guys can leave your credit card numbers so I can charge you for this lesson.

Now, I'll leave you LBBIQ'ers aka typical K-Staters to sit back and celebrate a win over Nebraska and positively jizz your pants over the prospect of finishing 2nd and maybe making it the round of 32.   Because that's all the typical powerespect type wants . . . a good strong showing. :thumbsup:

Lynch, I was talking at the beginning of the game, but mea culpa for the slight contradiction. albeit we are talking about almost 2 mutually exclusive SLTH offensive schemes the Fighting Sadlers brought to the table tonight.

i really appreciate how "dax the critical ksu basketball fan" has matured over the past three months. hats off.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:30 PM »
. . . in the NCAA tourney where do most of your "stunning" upsets come?? In the games that K-State is likely to be seeded in.

Fracker noted afterwards this is exactly the type of game you see in the NCAA where the low seed shoots lights out and can take out the heavy favorite.  good news is we shot well enough in all phases to withstand that kind of performance.  hopefully that sets a precedence going into the tourney.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 09:53:44 PM »

No I'll worry more about Frank's lack of offensive intelligence once we get to the tourney.  What does our half-court O consist of?  Denis and Jake jacking up threes and being scrappy plus athletic enough to get offensive boards?  Who's our go to player in the clutch?  Does Frank have ISO plays for JamSam or anybody else for that matter?  Our defense is the least of my worries where in 1 out a scrub team's 26 games, they happened to shoot out of their minds.  

:eek:  i don't know if anyone has ever tried counterattack bitching in dax arguments.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »
. . . in the NCAA tourney where do most of your "stunning" upsets come?? In the games that K-State is likely to be seeded in.

Fracker noted afterwards this is exactly the type of game you see in the NCAA where the low seed shoots lights out and can take out the heavy favorite.  good news is we shot well enough in all phases to withstand that kind of performance.  hopefully that sets a precedence going into the tourney.
i was thinking the same thing as Fracker.  scary to think about this happening in the tourney but then i realized that crap teams like Nubb don't make the tourney.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »

Fracker noted afterwards this is exactly the type of game you see in the NCAA where the low seed shoots lights out and can take out the heavy favorite.  good news is we shot well enough in all phases to withstand that kind of performance.  hopefully that sets a precedence going into the tourney.
i was thinking the same thing as Fracker.  scary to think about this happening in the tourney but then i realized that crap teams like Nubb don't make the tourney.

lots of them do.  they're called 14,15 & 16 seeds ??

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »

:eek:  i don't know if anyone has ever tried counterattack bitching in dax arguments.

He got me to take the bait... what can I say.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
Most of the 3's they hit were contested... def. hand in the face.

You talk like they were wide open 3's and they simply were not.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
Seed          Round 1 Record                   
2                    92-4
3                    81-15
4                    76-20

The Cats will probably get one of those seeds.  I'll take the Cats in the first round. 

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 10:08:34 PM »
There's like two or three kinds of low seeds.
1, The white teams from non-football conferences or Division I or II conferences like Bucknell coached by rising SLTHs.
2. Athletic teams from southern black conferences.
Middling teams from BCS or power non-BCS conferences.

Best match up for us  would be a 2, IMO.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
1, The white teams from non-football conferences or Division I or II conferences like Bucknell coached by rising SLTHs.

maybe in the 20s or 30s historically black colleges had good athletes on their bball teams.  they sure as hell don't now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »
He got me to take the bait... what can I say.

nothing else has ever stopped him.  might as well give it a try.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »

maybe in the 20s or 30s historically black colleges had good athletes on their bball teams.  they sure as hell don't now.

No they do. They just don't have any money to hire many coaches worth a crap.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »

gmafb.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »

No they absolutely do not have high caliber athletes.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »

No they absolutely do not have high caliber athletes.

Well they ok get 1 or 2 every once in a while :users:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »

nebraska will never get a 14, 15, or 16 seed this season. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »

nebraska will never get a 14, 15, or 16 seed this season. 

a crap team equivalent to nebrasketball could  :dunno:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »
It looks like Hamptons upset over ISU in 2001 was the last tourney win for an HBCU. Seriously doubt there have been much more than that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »
slimz and I discussed during the game how much we were looking forward to dax's take on the game and Clemente's play.  Good stuff.

catzacker

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:09 PM »

you know, if you just pitched this a different way, it would come off better. 

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 05:50:12 AM »

You're going to bitch about the offense after we scored 91 points last night?  :rolleyes:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:49 AM »
They were on fire, we won, whacha gonna do?

:dunno: