Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5624262 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2725 on: December 16, 2011, 10:24:14 AM »
I lost interest in Trace Clark after seeing his latest video.  Sort of meh on him as a player.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 16, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »
I lost interest in Trace Clark after seeing his latest video.  Sort of meh on him as a player.

I don't watch recruiting videos.  I just look at the list of offers (trusting that BCS staffs can evaluate talent better than I can). 

Offers from OSU, Stanford, and Iowa.  Oh yeah, and K-State. 

I'm sure he was pretty "meh." 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 16, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
Did we come in second place?  If he enrolls at OKState, that hurts our chances of transferring him back (which is how our recruiting in Wichita works, dontchaknow?)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 16, 2011, 11:22:05 AM »

I don't watch recruiting videos.  I just look at the list of offers (trusting that BCS staffs can evaluate talent better than I can). 

strong argument, typically, although some of these kids go to camps so early and get the attention of recruiters so they do get a lot of offers.  It didn't hurt his dad and brother played D-1 ball to get his name further out there.  But I see a slow footed end who has size....but not the quickness that he'll ever be much of a factor as a pass rusher from end and not the type of size he could be a huge factor at 5 technique as an interior DL.  I was all over him early in recruiting looking at the soph video....but didn't see much improvement to his senior year. 

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 16, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
hmmm....and like that an update that says KSU and Oregon stopped recruiting Trace months ago.

I would much rather have Michael Onuoha out of Edmond, OK.  Bigger upside IMO...think he will be a good one.  So far his only offer is Mizzou.  He actually has pass rushing tools....condor like wingspan, too.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: December 16, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
confirms what i was led to believe.

the staff would have taken him if he wanted to come here but was not inspired to heavily pursue.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 16, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
hmmm....and like that an update that says KSU and Oregon stopped recruiting Trace months ago.

I would much rather have Michael Onuoha out of Edmond, OK.  Bigger upside IMO...think he will be a good one.  So far his only offer is Mizzou.  He actually has pass rushing tools....condor like wingspan, too.

We won't land that guy either in all probability.   

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 16, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »
My recruiting strategy: You have to decide what you like better...
a) Winning
or
b) Learning how to say Missourah

That doesn't seem like a hard choice to me.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 16, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »
I lost interest in Trace Clark after seeing his latest video.  Sort of meh on him as a player.

I don't watch recruiting videos.  I just look at the list of offers (trusting that BCS staffs can evaluate talent better than I can).  

Offers from OSU, Stanford, and Iowa.  Oh yeah, and K-State.  

strong argument, typically, although some of these kids go to camps so early and get the attention of recruiters so they do get a lot of offers.  It didn't hurt his dad and brother played D-1 ball to get his name further out there.  But I see a slow footed end who has size....but not the quickness that he'll ever be much of a factor as a pass rusher from end and not the type of size he could be a huge factor at 5 technique as an interior DL.  I was all over him early in recruiting looking at the soph video....but didn't see much improvement to his senior year.  

Yeah, I think I'd still rather sign a kid in my home state with offers from two schools playing in BCS bowl games over nothing at all when we swing and miss on this other guy as well with supposedly better tape.

But, that's just me.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:49:24 PM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 16, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
Good news from @call_me_WALLACE.

Now that Trace Clark has committed, gotta say something I've kept low through his recruitment just in case KSU got him... He's not that good

Trace seems to be one of those prospects who has all the measurables and is great at those "combine type drills" that coaches inflate.

But at his size and all, who isn't going to dominate 3A competition? I don't see him being a real game changer by any means at the D1 level.

I've even heard stories of opposing high school coaches within Wichita who have come out and said "Trace Clark is highly overrated".

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: December 16, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
Trace Clark quote:

"Ultimately KU, K-State, and Oregon had really stopped contacting me in the past month to month and a half or so and so I thought that they were out. So it was down to Purdue, Stanford, Iowa, and Oklahoma State and just the feeling at Purdue with the academics and athletics I didn't think that it was up with the other three schools so they fell out," he said.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 16, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

Never question Manhatter.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 16, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »
Good news from @call_me_WALLACE.

Now that Trace Clark has committed, gotta say something I've kept low through his recruitment just in case KSU got him... He's not that good

Trace seems to be one of those prospects who has all the measurables and is great at those "combine type drills" that coaches inflate.

But at his size and all, who isn't going to dominate 3A competition? I don't see him being a real game changer by any means at the D1 level.

I've even heard stories of opposing high school coaches within Wichita who have come out and said "Trace Clark is highly overrated".

:lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 17, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »
"So it was down to Purdue, Stanford, Iowa, and Oklahoma State and just the feeling at Purdue with the academics and athletics I didn't think that it was up with the other three schools so they fell out," he said.

Weird how Oklahoma State beat out Purdue in academics.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 17, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »
I took his comment to mean purdue academics were more important than athletics so he dropped them from his list.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: December 17, 2011, 07:49:24 AM »
So until it's actually proven on the field in a few year that "Trace Clark isn't that good" .  . . we'll just run with "K-State didn't want him".   

Strange . . . when some no name kid being recruited by Middle Tennessee State or Northern Iowa commits to K-State he's an underrated diamond in the rough, when a kid doesn't commit to k-State they really aren't that good.

It's a tuck world.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 17, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »
So until it's actually proven on the field in a few year that "Trace Clark isn't that good" .  . . we'll just run with "K-State didn't want him".   

Strange . . . when some no name kid being recruited by Middle Tennessee State or Northern Iowa commits to K-State he's an underrated diamond in the rough, when a kid doesn't commit to k-State they really aren't that good.

It's a tuck world.

It's as if you don't respect DJamer Wally's opinion.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 17, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »

It's a tuck world.

we only go after guaranteed in state talent like tate snyder.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 17, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

Folks, DJamer Wally has even heard stories.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: December 17, 2011, 10:31:11 AM »
It's typical of small towny types to be butthurt about people that are more successful than them

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: December 17, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
 :emawkid:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:48:08 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 17, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
It's typical of small towny types to be butthurt about people that are more successful than them

This. Especially when the talented person leaves the small town.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 17, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
So until it's actually proven on the field in a few year that "Trace Clark isn't that good" .  . . we'll just run with "K-State didn't want him".  

It's a tuck world.

Strange, but didn't KSU go 10-2 with those so called DITR's.  :gocho:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 18, 2011, 12:54:40 AM »
We only go after the ones that eventually sign with us.  All others we have lost interest in.   :gocho:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 18, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »
What's with these Michael Rose rumors? At the game last night, speculating on Cosh out, Leavitt in. Too invested for a Husker commit, am I right?
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12