Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5519668 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28125 on: August 06, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »
ND’s coach could also suck and the team turns into Transfer U in 3 years.  College football is unpredictable.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28126 on: August 06, 2022, 08:49:16 PM »
That’s twice now on this page you’ve made reference to slavery. Is this a race related issue in your opinion, or merely the belief of some that a recruit is owned by the school/fans?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28127 on: August 06, 2022, 09:13:21 PM »
:excited: :curse:  :bang:
Yes, bro, it's embarrassing tho. I need to stay off of KSO.

I feel like I'm being somewhat restrained, I didn't mention plantation mindset.

My current heart rate is 58 bpm, I'm Gucci

Two things:

I noticed you popped up and started whipping asses on KSO and did an :sdeek:

58 BPM non sleeping heart rate is phenomenal, you must have an elite ticker.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28128 on: August 06, 2022, 09:22:40 PM »
I don’t think it’s far fetched or crazy or horrible to think that Dylan might have possibly mumped kstate and their coaches (specifically Brian Anderson) over a little bit. They all apparently talked daily for over a year and apparently even asked Dylan to ok the recruitment and signing of the Florida guy. He then committed and subsequently bounced. During that commitment time, kstate might have missed out on signing the recent mu and tcu tv commits. In the grand scheme of things, probably not a huge deal and that’s how recruiting sometimes goes. Dylan seems super ridiculously good and I bet he kills it at notre dame or wherever he ends up at. I also don’t read other message boards etc but can imagine how over the top horrible people might be. I haven’t seen it but I have no doubt it’s out there and I bet it’s sad.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28129 on: August 06, 2022, 10:07:41 PM »
His 2 commitments will be the highlight of his career and I guess that's ok.  Hope he gets a degree from ND & makes that the highlight.  Best of luck Dylan, it won't be easy, make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28130 on: August 06, 2022, 11:09:13 PM »
I don’t read other message boards, so I haven’t seen any of the vitriol. I hope it’s not race related, but I’m sure there are nearly as many motives as there are comments. I don’t have social media, but I would never seek out a recruit to talk trash. However, there definitely were a few things that rubbed me the wrong way, and assume others as well.

1. At least two or three times in his commitment ceremony he mentioned the main reason he’s coming to K-State was because of the loyalty the staff showed him throughout the whole process.
2. He stated KSU is where he wants to be, and he doesn’t see himself ever leaving. In his words, he didn’t see himself de-committing, leaving, or entering the portal.
3. He immediately tried to flip other players and persuade them to come to KState.
4. He did the whole “university of…” as he reached for the Nebraska hat.
5. He seemed to crave attention, and sort of attempted to steal his friend’s thunder by pre-announcing their commitments.

I get it, he’s 17. I did lots of things I still cringe about. He’ll grow and mature. And honestly none of it was that egregious. But I also see why the situation annoys people.

Bu, the biggest issue is probably that people realize he’s a phenomenal talent that could have helped us tremendously, and are being “sour grapes”.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28131 on: August 07, 2022, 11:06:42 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28132 on: August 07, 2022, 11:09:37 AM »
ND’s coach could also suck and the team turns into Transfer U in 3 years.  College football is unpredictable.

Absolutely, they'll kick ass in recruiting though. It would take a truly shitty coach to not kick ass in recruiting at Notre Dame.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28133 on: August 07, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
That’s twice now on this page you’ve made reference to slavery. Is this a race related issue in your opinion, or merely the belief of some that a recruit is owned by the school/fans?

I'm sure that it's one of many issues for some people. Of course no one is going to say, "of course the lazy monkey wasn't loyal, they never are." Tough to ignore some of the dog whistles we didn't hear especially the people referencing Leon not controlling his boy, as if changing your mind about which college to attend is akin to serial criminal activity.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28134 on: August 07, 2022, 11:23:45 AM »

Two things:

I noticed you popped up and started whipping asses on KSO and did an :sdeek:

58 BPM non sleeping heart rate is phenomenal, you must have an elite ticker.

Cool as a cucumber, fit as a fiddle

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28135 on: August 07, 2022, 12:10:45 PM »
great job here by dylan

https://www.tiktok.com/@hbk.dyl2/video/7128815182104513838?_t=8UdX5gbh9ZO&_r=1
Very nice! But a couple things: Kanye is a shell of his former self living off of his past accomplishments. Hopefully that's not indicative of Dylan's career. Second, the blasphemy of a "catholic" school having a throne of gold bars to sit and pray on is comical.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28136 on: August 07, 2022, 12:14:59 PM »

I'm sure that it's one of many issues for some people. Of course no one is going to say, "of course the lazy monkey wasn't loyal, they never are." Tough to ignore some of the dog whistles we didn't hear especially the people referencing Leon not controlling his boy, as if changing your mind about which college to attend is akin to serial criminal activity.
Seeing grown ass people flipping their crap over a 17 year olds decision is disgusting AF, but you can’t tell me they wouldn’t act the same if it was Avery. There’s huge undertones on Twitter from the KSO folk picking up how recruiting works for the first time in their lives and they’re the most rough ridin' annoying portion of the fan base. I remember my first beer.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28137 on: August 07, 2022, 12:34:20 PM »
In fact the term slavery should probably be abolished when offering up to 300K of advanced education, stipend, living, NIL, etc. completely. It’s absolute insult.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28138 on: August 07, 2022, 01:07:07 PM »

Definitely this.   I tried to KSO; could not.   

Some decent information there, but it made me question if I have delusions of grandeur regarding the eliteness of EMAW

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 02:38:46 PM by Hurricane Cat »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28139 on: August 07, 2022, 02:37:10 PM »

Seeing grown ass people flipping their crap over a 17 year olds decision is disgusting AF, but you can’t tell me they wouldn’t act the same if it was Avery. There’s huge undertones on Twitter from the KSO folk picking up how recruiting works for the first time in their lives and they’re the most rough ridin' annoying portion of the fan base. I remember my first beer.
If it were Avery, kso would blame the coaches, not the kid

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28140 on: August 07, 2022, 02:54:33 PM »
I have to disagree. If Avery was all about just getting attention on social media and trolling, and went about things the same way, for sure people would not be happy about it. If Avery said he was 100% committed and would never think about another school, yet continue to talk to other teams, how can anyone blame the coaches? There’s nothing race-related about it, just pure snake crap.

Another fun rumor was a writer referring to Dylan as a 3 star, when he was only a 4 star on one site. And Leon dming the writer telling him to only refer to Dylan as a 4 star. They’re all about attention, and it’s everything that’s gross about social media.

Meanwhile John Randle is just out there grinding, no attention at all towards all this bullshit, only thing that matters is being the best footballer he can be.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28141 on: August 07, 2022, 03:00:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/mr_Opie_/status/1555956674908884994

:facepalm: so embarrassing.  Spurned K-State fan pretending to be a ND fan to shade Dylan.  :smdh:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28142 on: August 07, 2022, 03:08:43 PM »

:facepalm: so embarrassing.  Spurned K-State fan pretending to be a ND fan to shade Dylan.  :smdh:

How can you tell he's a K-State fan?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28143 on: August 07, 2022, 03:28:00 PM »

The likes, but you have to jump back a week and before

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28144 on: August 07, 2022, 03:33:40 PM »
In fact the term slavery should probably be abolished when offering up to 300K of advanced education, stipend, living, NIL, etc. completely. It’s absolute insult.

lol, the nerve

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28145 on: August 07, 2022, 03:41:46 PM »

If it were Avery, kso would blame the coaches, not the kid

We went through this with Noah Bolticoff two years ago. He was a highly touted in state recruit that decommited and went to TCU, no one bothered him. We lost Matthew Langois in the same class, I don't think anyone trashed him.

If Avery decommited, people would be pissed and talk crap, but many of the same people making yeah but rationalizations about the reaction to Edwards would be rejecting the yeah but rationalizations for Avery.

Just a side note but I did see a guy call Avery's and Dylan's dad attention seekers in the same post, dude might as well called them the n word. I don't think anyone has ever heard from Avery's dad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28146 on: August 07, 2022, 03:49:40 PM »
I have to disagree. If Avery was all about just getting attention on social media and trolling, and went about things the same way, for sure people would not be happy about it. If Avery said he was 100% committed and would never think about another school, yet continue to talk to other teams, how can anyone blame the coaches? There’s nothing race-related about it, just pure snake crap.

Another fun rumor was a writer referring to Dylan as a 3 star, when he was only a 4 star on one site. And Leon dming the writer telling him to only refer to Dylan as a 4 star. They’re all about attention, and it’s everything that’s gross about social media.

Meanwhile John Randle is just out there grinding, no attention at all towards all this bullshit, only thing that matters is being the best footballer he can be.

"all about just getting attention on social media and trolling" damn stop rationalizing, he uses his social media like most teenagers do. What trolling did he do before the Kanye TikTok? Please tell me that didn't hurt your feelings.

The thing with Leon isn't a rumor, John Kurtz told a first person account of it on his podcast. Again, I can't find it within myself to get mad at a father wanting his son to get the recognition he believes he's earned. That request is completely harmless. They were trying to enhance Dylan's recruiting profile and get to 5 stars, I said that before he decommited, so what?

I thought we'd be past, shut up, keep your head down and play in 2022, but here we are, people using it, unironically, as a way to justify douchy behavior.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28147 on: August 07, 2022, 05:09:59 PM »

The likes, but you have to jump back a week and before

Also the KSU football coaches comprise ~ 20% of his follows

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28148 on: August 07, 2022, 05:10:24 PM »
Good grief

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28149 on: August 07, 2022, 05:20:40 PM »

"all about just getting attention on social media and trolling" damn stop rationalizing, he uses his social media like most teenagers do. What trolling did he do before the Kanye TikTok? Please tell me that didn't hurt your feelings.

The thing with Leon isn't a rumor, John Kurtz told a first person account of it on his podcast. Again, I can't find it within myself to get mad at a father wanting his son to get the recognition he believes he's earned. That request is completely harmless. They were trying to enhance Dylan's recruiting profile and get to 5 stars, I said that before he decommited, so what?

I thought we'd be past, shut up, keep your head down and play in 2022, but here we are, people using it, unironically, as a way to justify douchy behavior.
Kinda ironic, don’t you think?