Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5520175 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #25775 on: January 01, 2021, 11:13:43 AM »
nebraska is terrible at football and has been for as long as I can remember. that probably isn't changing in my lifetime.
you can believe that if you want but you probably are not paying attention. Frost has loaded up with 4 star kids for 3 years now. He will have an entire OL full of 4 star recruits a few of which are top 10 at their position.
He's got the #1 TE in america and solid skill players. The defense only has a handful of 4 star recruits but is full of high 3 star recruits with many P5 offers.
they have killed us in recruiting and it will soon show up on the field. I'm not predicting a string of B10 titles but they would have certainly beat us this year and they are going to get better as his recruits become future starters

yeah, I'm probably not paying attention to anything at nebraska. good point brain genius.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25776 on: January 01, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »
Yes this is 100% about his name and taking a flyer on him because of what his genetic potential is.  It’s a smart move by kstate, the downside is small and the upside is high.

yeah, someone shows up named lockett and we give them a scholarship. that's a rule we have and a good one. same with anyone named Bishop just in case.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25777 on: January 01, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Yes this is 100% about his name and taking a flyer on him because of what his genetic potential is.  It’s a smart move by kstate, the downside is small and the upside is high.

Right, even if he's not as great as Kevin, or Aaron, or Tyler, he's still going to be pretty great.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25778 on: January 01, 2021, 01:13:19 PM »
I’m 100% convinced now that Kashi is either that shitty Jayhawk Takeover Twitter account Dude or a really shitty TBT sock.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25779 on: January 01, 2021, 01:36:23 PM »
 :confused:

When have I ever cared about our football recruiting, or ever gone that much in depth about a recruit?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25780 on: January 01, 2021, 03:04:28 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25781 on: January 01, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
:confused:

When have I ever cared about our football recruiting, or ever gone that much in depth about a recruit?
Kashi doesn’t know crap about it either. That’s the point. ;) He’s definitely a squawk tho. Someone give him some squawk gear.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #25782 on: January 01, 2021, 04:59:32 PM »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25783 on: January 01, 2021, 05:04:43 PM »
Yea man just keep signing them.  Does Klein have boys? The Klein x Spani bloodline should be NFL caliber.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25784 on: January 01, 2021, 05:09:56 PM »
“We have got twin boys that are sixth graders,” Kevin Lockett said. “If things play out and Sterling is there for five years, it’s possible the moment that he walks off campus there could be twin boys walking on to spend five more years at Kansas State.”

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25785 on: January 01, 2021, 06:24:45 PM »
“We have got twin boys that are sixth graders,” Kevin Lockett said. “If things play out and Sterling is there for five years, it’s possible the moment that he walks off campus there could be twin boys walking on to spend five more years at Kansas State.”

While the is surely great, shouldn't Aaron also have some kids coming down the pipeline at some point? Going to need to bridge some gaps until TLBL has his own.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25786 on: January 02, 2021, 04:34:31 AM »

Still on his "must red shirt" soap box. I hope Sterling mushes his dad like Tyler did. I hope he not only doesn't red shirt but he declares for the draft after his junior year.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25787 on: January 02, 2021, 08:01:04 AM »

Still on his "must red shirt" soap box. I hope Sterling mushes his dad like Tyler did. I hope he not only doesn't red shirt but he declares for the draft after his junior year.
Yeah if he ends up being that good, that would be wonderful
:adios:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #25788 on: January 02, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »
He’ll have to be a late bloomer but there was a big jump from last year to this year physically from watching him play so hope that keeps going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25789 on: January 02, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »
Sounds like room for 9 more guys from now until fall camp? Whether that’s some more high schoolers in the last signing period, transfers or JUCO guys, we’ll see.

Pumped for another Lockett.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25790 on: January 02, 2021, 09:30:03 AM »
I think the fact that Fletcher hasn’t come out and said he is returning is a sign towards he is not.  That means we have Green and Munoz at LB and a big pile of crap behind them.  I think we need two more transfer LB’s.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25791 on: January 02, 2021, 10:23:53 AM »
I think the fact that Fletcher hasn’t come out and said he is returning is a sign towards he is not.  That means we have Green and Munoz at LB and a big pile of crap behind them.  I think we need two more transfer LB’s.

In my dream world Jay Harris is a stud, but yes, another couple of linebackers is probably a necessity

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25792 on: January 02, 2021, 08:15:11 PM »
Frost with a losing record every year and 0 wins against teams with winning records and a roster bloated full of LBs beat our ass for a 4 star LB from Hawaii.
NEB is beating us head to head on every single recruit and put together 3 straight top 20 recruiting classes despite enduring the 3 worst years in their history.
I'd say we need to seriously look at some coaching turnover to get some recruiters in here.
i dont know why we didn't hire the Cal DL coach instead of Tuiasasopo. We would have a couple 4 star defensive players if we would have been aggressive in hiring assistants

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25793 on: January 02, 2021, 08:40:56 PM »
Nubb is paying that guy $150k more than we are paying Tuiasasopo, for one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25794 on: January 02, 2021, 09:13:34 PM »
why are you obsessed with NU kashi? They haven’t been even average for more than a decade. The last time they even went to a bowl game none of my kids were alive.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25795 on: January 02, 2021, 09:14:16 PM »
There are tons of irl ok programs we should be more worried about is what I’m saying

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #25796 on: January 03, 2021, 01:05:31 PM »
why are you obsessed with NU kashi? They haven’t been even average for more than a decade. The last time they even went to a bowl game none of my kids were alive.

:surprised: :eek: :lol:

What will happen first, lil SD blasts an out of the park HR or Nebraska makes a bowl game?

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25797 on: January 03, 2021, 08:19:58 PM »
Nubb is paying that guy $150k more than we are paying Tuiasasopo, for one.
so ksu can't afford another $150,000 if it means getting better recruits? that seems like chump change to these schools

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25798 on: January 04, 2021, 08:43:11 AM »
He will rise to the top of Big 12 secondary talent.

I think with a little rest this off season he will rise to the top of our depth chart.

The big question is whether he can rise to the challenge of playing in the big12 and not some pud conference.

Rumor has it Klanderman is already brewing up some special plays/packages to show off his skills.

this was a great post by benji and i'm sorry i'm just now getting caught up on this thread or else i would have shown my appreciation sooner.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25799 on: January 07, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »
Not sure if this should be in the portal thread or not but Derek says :

https://twitter.com/DYoungRivals/status/1347186656185614336?s=19
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.