Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5520456 times)

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #25375 on: June 20, 2020, 08:33:37 AM »
gotta love an 8min highlight vid of nonstop absolute burner TDs by certified stud devrin

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #25376 on: June 20, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
if he's not afraid to hit people, he could grow into one hell of a linebacker

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25378 on: June 24, 2020, 11:30:42 AM »
"as savvy as an NFL professional right now"  :love:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25379 on: June 24, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
When Brooks Austin (knew his name even before this vid) talks, I listen. The guy flat out knows his stuff.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25380 on: June 24, 2020, 11:35:48 AM »
Who is brooks austin and should I believe anything he says?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #25381 on: June 24, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »
Believe 100% all of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25382 on: June 24, 2020, 05:44:37 PM »

he's as good as it gets when it comes to evaluating HS QB talent

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25383 on: June 24, 2020, 09:14:42 PM »
Simply the best, around.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25384 on: June 24, 2020, 09:24:37 PM »
My god.... why haven't I checked this thread in awhile?  :drool: :excited: :Woohoo:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25385 on: June 24, 2020, 09:33:22 PM »
He has two first names so you can understand my skepticism, however I knew my buds at g.E would shoot me straight.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25386 on: July 05, 2020, 09:00:57 PM »
Uhhh the #3 QB in the nation in 2021 going to KSU will be challenged by OK's #4 QB.  Somehow Boomer got this commit and are very excited.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25389 on: July 14, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25390 on: July 14, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »
It sure is exciting to see all these fine recruits committing to the 2021 Wildcats!  :Woot:

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25391 on: July 14, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
i see TCU finished last year with a top 5 recruiting class in the league and followed up with two 5-star transfers from georgia and LSU this summer.
i'm not sure why there is any reason they should be kicking our ass in recruiting. they are a very small private school unable to fill a small stadium and almost no national following. their coach has publicly admitted his frustrations with their attendance over the years and is not considered to be a great recruiter.
so do they just have a significantly better group of recruiters? i hear people say we will never recruit like OU but if TCU can recruit this well i think we are aiming too low to accept our current level. i dont think there is any comparison between the 2 gameday atmospheres at tcu and ksu. but they get players despite all their disadvantages. i think it has to be the recruiters

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25392 on: July 14, 2020, 11:31:32 PM »
How old are you, Kash?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25393 on: July 15, 2020, 08:24:27 AM »
TCU is in DFW. Happy to clear that up for you. Go Cats.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25394 on: July 15, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »
TCU is in DFW. Happy to clear that up for you. Go Cats.
i know where TCU is and location does not guarantee anything in college sports. i realize ksu has a pretty big disadvantage being located where its located but it hasn't prevented other great coaches from being successful in less densely populated areas

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25395 on: July 15, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
It's not just population density, it's being located in Texas.  Additionally, GP has built a network there over 20 years as a head coach.  Kleiman can close some ground there but it's a lot to expect after year one.  I would imagine COVID probably benefits in-state schools as well, but I'm just guessing there.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25396 on: July 15, 2020, 07:34:25 PM »
It's not just population density, it's being located in Texas.  Additionally, GP has built a network there over 20 years as a head coach.  Kleiman can close some ground there but it's a lot to expect after year one.  I would imagine COVID probably benefits in-state schools as well, but I'm just guessing there.
i get it. i've seen it done here before in the 90s with a very young assistant coaching staff. i understand recruiting is a lot of relationships and networks. that just means we better hire people with a lot of those.
nebraska has a couple young assistants who are getting some of the best recruits from georgia and florida. they had ties there but nebraska was smart to hire them. i'm not sure what strong ties our assistants have? we seem to have a couple that are old and dont necessarily attract young recruits and then a couple more who dont seem to have strong ties to anywhere.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25397 on: July 16, 2020, 10:41:11 AM »
i get it. i've seen it done here before in the 90s with a very young assistant coaching staff. i understand recruiting is a lot of relationships and networks. that just means we better hire people with a lot of those.
nebraska has a couple young assistants who are getting some of the best recruits from georgia and florida. they had ties there but nebraska was smart to hire them. i'm not sure what strong ties our assistants have? we seem to have a couple that are old and dont necessarily attract young recruits and then a couple more who dont seem to have strong ties to anywhere.

sounds familiar... :bill:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25398 on: July 16, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »

It was an entirely different landscape in the 90's, and snyder was ahead of the curve compared to the rest of college football. College football caught up and we lost our edge. Snyder then failed to take advantage of those gains K-State made.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25399 on: July 16, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »

It was an entirely different landscape in the 90's, and snyder was ahead of the curve compared to the rest of college football. College football caught up and we lost our edge. Snyder then failed to take advantage of those gains K-State made.

He didn't like losing 4 & 5 star recruits, so he quit in 2005.  Came back in '09 and made it public that he wasn't going to pursue recruits that didn't buy in.  In other words, he was tried of chasing after top recruits that had lots of offers.  Of course, this lead to failure once more.