Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5519132 times)

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #24325 on: April 14, 2019, 07:27:17 AM »
Hey, we got a commit from a TE this week!  Christian Moore

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24326 on: April 14, 2019, 07:57:26 AM »
if corcoran picked NEB over OU and Ohio State then there was just some odd reason he wanted to go to neb.
although ISU is rumored to have a great recruiting staff, i'm not sure of any real reasons to pick ISU over KSU. apparently, our coaches just are not impressing the recruits right now as much as others are.
ISU really hasn't accomplished that much with their new coach. not sure what the vision is

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #24327 on: April 14, 2019, 12:11:11 PM »
He out recruited Snyder in two weeks time for god sakes.
My grandma could outrecruit snyder.  we weren't even trying under snyder.  CK is at least trying, but he's shitty at it because everyone knows that he's never coached in FBS.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #24328 on: April 14, 2019, 02:10:04 PM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24329 on: April 14, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »
WackyTuck is just one of those people who just can't reconcile himself to the fact that Snyder was a shitty recruiter and that Snyder hated recruiting and didn't put nearly enough emphasis on it.   

WackyTuck gets mad when things like 0 RB yards returning and immediately wants to blame transfers and going to the NFL.   Yet, the simple facts were, that there were ZERO RB's left on scholarship of any note at all.

Every school should sign one noteworthy QB in every class, Snyder did not.   In the realm of current recruiting, K-State has zero depth at the true offensive tackle position.   So missing out on both of these guys hurt no matter how much the WackyTuck's of the world say it doesn't.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #24330 on: April 14, 2019, 02:36:53 PM »
snyder wasn't even going on recruiting visits over the last 5 years. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24331 on: April 14, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
we could have had LittreLL. it's easy to imagine him doing really well recruiting.

maybe ck can coach them up? :dunno: faith not completely lost until year 3 but it's not looking good.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24332 on: April 14, 2019, 04:43:31 PM »
My grandma could outrecruit snyder.  we weren't even trying under snyder.  CK is at least trying, but he's shitty at it because everyone knows that he's never coached in FBS.

Early returns, this may be a grade c minus hire, not killing it in recruiting, super boring style of play just like before, five people show up at his spring show

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24333 on: April 14, 2019, 05:10:25 PM »
WackyTuck is just one of those people who just can't reconcile himself to the fact that Snyder was a shitty recruiter and that Snyder hated recruiting and didn't put nearly enough emphasis on it.   

WackyTuck gets mad when things like 0 RB yards returning and immediately wants to blame transfers and going to the NFL.   Yet, the simple facts were, that there were ZERO RB's left on scholarship of any note at all.

Every school should sign one noteworthy QB in every class, Snyder did not.   In the realm of current recruiting, K-State has zero depth at the true offensive tackle position.   So missing out on both of these guys hurt no matter how much the WackyTuck's of the world say it doesn't.
Are you rough ridin' high? There’s tucking and then spending every minute of your miserable life trying to crap on your own alumni 24/7/365 because you get to live in Alabama now ( :lol: ). If you watched a practice online and took away eff the Snyder’s and the new coach, good for you, you grumpy rough ridin' weirdo. He legit has signed a legit QB in every class. I’m sorry you haven’t seen them play yet. You seriously act like the most miserable person of all time sometimes and it makes me sad for you guys. I remember my first beer when it came to K-State football recruiting, n00bs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24334 on: April 14, 2019, 05:14:30 PM »
Also, the last 3 years most ppl were bitching that we mixed in 3 RB’s during games. I’m sorry McCoy almost crippled himself from playing football for us.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24335 on: April 15, 2019, 08:36:13 AM »
I said he wasn't going to recruit well and michigancat made fun of me.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24336 on: April 15, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
We won’t really know how good he is until the late signing period is over in Feb 2021. If he’s failed to put together a class in the 40’s in the rivals team rankings by then he sucks.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24337 on: April 15, 2019, 10:03:40 AM »
I know I am pretty darn ignant on fb recruiting, but my knee jerk reaction is this.. The funny bit to all of this is that despite the slow recruiting with this new staff, compared to many other P5 programs, they are still ahead of the usual OBs recruiting pace at this time of year (moreso, the recent trajectory of becoming worse and worse). That is scary to think about. CK deserves at least 3 years for getting the numbers back into some order and building connections with more hs and jucos. There should be an enhanced opportunity for finding KSHSFB DITR since the KS Jucos changed their recruiting tactics to garnering mostly out of state players - leaving the KS recruits, who typically couldve gotten some exposure through the juco system, being now harder to find.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:14:08 PM by Ich.Gewinne »
Back for more bad takes.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24338 on: April 15, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »

Is that our bench mark?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24339 on: April 15, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
No, but JFC he just got there. Give the rough ridin' guy sometime to prove himself. So many fans on this blog and twitter who can't wait to crap on the new guy because gene pulled him from NDSU and who are all of a sudden experts on the matter because he whiffed on a couple of kids from KS and watched some crap practice.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24340 on: April 15, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »
No, but JFC he just got there. Give the rough ridin' guy sometime to prove himself. So many fans on this blog and twitter who can't wait to crap on the new guy because gene pulled him from NDSU and who are all of a sudden experts on the matter because he whiffed on a couple of kids from KS and watched some crap practice.

I don't get to hire or fire the guy.  His recruiting is pretty crappy.  That's just a fact

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24341 on: April 15, 2019, 11:50:58 AM »

Are you rough ridin' high? There’s tucking and then spending every minute of your miserable life trying to crap on your own alumni 24/7/365 because you get to live in Alabama now ( :lol: ). If you watched a practice online and took away eff the Snyder’s and the new coach, good for you, you grumpy rough ridin' weirdo. He legit has signed a legit QB in every class. I’m sorry you haven’t seen them play yet. You seriously act like the most miserable person of all time sometimes and it makes me sad for you guys. I remember my first beer when it came to K-State football recruiting, n00bs.

Sammy Wheeler just got moved to TE, he couldn't even get a shot against a RS-FR and a True Frosh.   

Nobody is as weird as you dude, you get  :curse:  :curse:  :curse:  over every perceived slight of K-State.   

There's zero true OT's on the roster, TE depth is miserable, LB depth is miserable . . . K-State looks like a lower level FCS team coming out of the tunnel.   9 years of recruiting and the cupboard was basically empty at multiple positions after some basic attrition.

That's reality, it's you who can't deal with it (as usual)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24342 on: April 15, 2019, 12:30:30 PM »
Lol. Wheeler was never really an option at QB.  Holcombe surpassed him long ago. It’s not just a slight here and a slight there, it’s your entire life, Dax. Noticed you were pretty quiet on the basketball board this year. Sad.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24343 on: April 15, 2019, 12:31:46 PM »

I don't get to hire or fire the guy.  His recruiting is pretty crappy.  That's just a fact
Based on 4 months of work? Sounds like a logical, sane response.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24344 on: April 15, 2019, 12:34:59 PM »
not time to melt down yet

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24345 on: April 15, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
Back for more bad takes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24346 on: April 15, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »
Lol. Wheeler was never really an option at QB.  Holcombe surpassed him long ago. It’s not just a slight here and a slight there, it’s your entire life, Dax. Noticed you were pretty quiet on the basketball board this year. Sad.

First of all I'm specifically talking about Snyder's recruiting.   There was no indication from the previous staff that Wheeler wasn't going to be an option at QB.

Also, great job avoiding all the other things I discussed.   But we get it, you "understand" recruiting at K-State, so because you "understand" recruiting at K-State that makes Snyder's shitty recruiting perfectly acceptable.   For the second time in history, LHC Bill Snyder has left the talent level at K-State in extremely poor shape.   Fact.

The rest applies, you lose your mind anytime someone isn't 1000% K-State fanboi 24/7/365

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:51:58 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #24347 on: April 15, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »
He legit has signed a legit QB in every class.
Lol. Wheeler was never really an option at QB. 
:confused:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24348 on: April 15, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
He legit has signed a legit QB in every class.
Lol. Wheeler was never really an option at QB. 
:confused:

#wackytucklogic

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24349 on: April 15, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
I’m pretty excited Dax still cares about kstate sports.  That makes me very happy.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best