Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5521891 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #24275 on: February 19, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »
Absolutely amazing! 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24276 on: February 20, 2019, 12:15:23 PM »
Anyone been able to keep up with who we are offering because it's getting pretty crazy and idk what's going on. Is this what as normal program does?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24277 on: February 20, 2019, 12:34:32 PM »
yes i think this is what the "normies" do. still adjusting.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24278 on: February 20, 2019, 12:50:18 PM »
I’m pretty sure the old staff offered a crap ton of recruits as well.  This staff seems to be intent on actually talking to them again and getting them on campus.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #24279 on: February 20, 2019, 01:11:23 PM »
in the 2017 and 2018 classes, we offered 134 and 130 recruits respectively. For the 2020 class, we've already offered 80 players. I'm not saying we'll ever offer as many players as Iowa State, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kli and staff operating at about 150-160 offers/class.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24280 on: February 20, 2019, 03:06:28 PM »
how hilarious would it be if all 150 committed to the cats on the same day  :eek:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24281 on: March 15, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »
Holy crap.  Ky Thomas just commited to PJ Fleck. 

https://twitter.com/ky_thomas/status/1106725950245535744?s=21

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24282 on: March 15, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »
Who?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24283 on: March 16, 2019, 12:52:16 PM »
Our chances of getting a big haul of the top kansas kids just took a big hit

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24284 on: March 16, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
u better prepare yourself to be disappointed again with recruiting. i'm not all that down about Thomas because i think we can actually do better than him but it is a hit to our in state aspirations.
But it looks like the real big fish Turner Corcoran is going to leave the state too. He seems enthralled with nebraska coaches and OU coaches too.
i think he has a better relationship with them and both Riley and Frost are known as two of the best recruiters in america while we have a first time D1 coach.
I think KSU will be lucky if they can grab the next best OL Hayden Pauls and a couple others.
its going to look about like what every previous year looked like in state.
the elite kids are all going out of state again.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #24285 on: March 17, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
u better prepare yourself to be disappointed again with recruiting. i'm not all that down about Thomas because i think we can actually do better than him but it is a hit to our in state aspirations.
But it looks like the real big fish Turner Corcoran is going to leave the state too. He seems enthralled with nebraska coaches and OU coaches too.
i think he has a better relationship with them and both Riley and Frost are known as two of the best recruiters in america while we have a first time D1 coach.
I think KSU will be lucky if they can grab the next best OL Hayden Pauls and a couple others.
its going to look about like what every previous year looked like in state.
the elite kids are all going out of state again.
There isn't a lot of state pride instilled Kansas kids like other states. It's weird really.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24286 on: March 18, 2019, 09:05:14 AM »
Yeah, Ks kids are super butthurt about living in Kansas.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24287 on: March 21, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24288 on: March 21, 2019, 03:20:44 PM »
Smart money is saying Malek Berry from free state

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24289 on: March 21, 2019, 04:54:31 PM »
Yeah, it's probably one of Berry, Pauls, Matlack or Harden. I'd be surprised if it was some out-of-state kid.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24290 on: March 21, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »
hoping its Pauls not Berry. not saying berry isn't worthy of a schollie but Pauls has a lot of offers from some pretty good programs. i think he is the bigger fish from that group listed.
I'm starting to wonder if they know Corcoran is going elsewhere. ksu coaches have offered a lot of OTs recently

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24291 on: March 22, 2019, 06:18:59 PM »
holy crap sil-coms are the best

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24292 on: March 23, 2019, 10:03:57 AM »
hoping its Pauls not Berry. not saying berry isn't worthy of a schollie but Pauls has a lot of offers from some pretty good programs. i think he is the bigger fish from that group listed.
I'm starting to wonder if they know Corcoran is going elsewhere. ksu coaches have offered a lot of OTs recently

we're always going to offer more OTs than OGs. The staff still emphasize versatility across the line, and it's much easier to take a HS OT and turn them into a guard or center than it is to take a HS OG and turn them into a tackle.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24293 on: March 23, 2019, 04:58:16 PM »

we're always going to offer more OTs than OGs. The staff still emphasize versatility across the line, and it's much easier to take a HS OT and turn them into a guard or center than it is to take a HS OG and turn them into a tackle.
agreed and the previous staff struggled mightily attracting OT types having to use OGs in their spot.
doesn't change the situation with Corcoran. News from other programs is he is heading out of state. I had really hoped this staff could change this scenario around with the best local kids all leaving.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24294 on: March 25, 2019, 09:07:06 AM »
If I put myself in the shoes of Corcoran and/or his parents....I would be leaning out of state as well.  I have offers from some of the best football schools around the country.  Staying in state means taking a chance on a school who has a handful of conference wins in the last 10+ years, or a team that just retired a legendary coach and is taking a risk on a Div III newbie.  It also means risking NFL future by playing for these two lower-tiered teams. 

I also don't fault this new staff for not landing him.  It will take a couple back-to-back successful seasons to get strong consideration from talent like that...even in state. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24295 on: March 25, 2019, 11:40:43 AM »
the Harden guy form Topeka High committed to KU. they were reportedly the only ones to offer him as a QB.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24296 on: March 25, 2019, 11:43:58 AM »
He certainly believes in himself as a QB at the P5 level

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24297 on: March 25, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/spedbraet/status/1110339263672041472?s=21

Guessing Matlack commited after watching practice today.  Feels good man.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24299 on: March 25, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »
If I put myself in the shoes of Corcoran and/or his parents....I would be leaning out of state as well.  I have offers from some of the best football schools around the country.  Staying in state means taking a chance on a school who has a handful of conference wins in the last 10+ years, or a team that just retired a legendary coach and is taking a risk on a Div III newbie.  It also means risking NFL future by playing for these two lower-tiered teams. 

I also don't fault this new staff for not landing him.  It will take a couple back-to-back successful seasons to get strong consideration from talent like that...even in state.
1. players are not risking their NFL future by going to a school like KSU. Klieman has more NFL OL than Frost. Risner is predicted to go higher in the draft than any OU OL.
2. Corcoran is rumored to lean to NEB. they have worse seasons recently than ksu and fewer trophies in last 20 years.
3. if he goes to neb it won't have anything to do with any of those reasons. most the recruits pick a school either for its winning ways or because they like the coaches better. in NEB case they aren't winning so one can conclude its mainly his liking of their coaching staff. most the recruiting experts say liking the coaches is the main reason kids pick a school
4.Frost and his staff are very popular with recruits. i'm not sure if its cockiness or what i've heard recruits say he does great job of painting a picture of the recruits future in his schemes.
5. i would understand if he picks OU but losing out to neb means we just flat out got out recruited. and thats disappointing.