Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5594423 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #24125 on: December 19, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #24126 on: December 19, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
like, that stuff is like baseline stuff other schools probably get 24/7/365 for the last 20 or so years. and we get lowered expectations and nothing every year. chris klieman may have the absolute lowest bar any coach has had to clear to make fans happy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24127 on: December 19, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
like, that stuff is like baseline stuff other schools probably get 24/7/365 for the last 20 or so years. and we get lowered expectations and nothing every year. chris klieman may have the absolute lowest bar any coach has had to clear to make fans happy.
Yes

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24128 on: December 19, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
Heh

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24129 on: December 19, 2018, 08:33:24 PM »
what's up y'all.  Here to talk 'cruitin.

William Jones is super fast.  As in he's run a faster 200 meters than any Kansas high school boy in the last 40 years.  A 21.18 legit 200.  Crazy speed.  He also sports a 40-plus vertical.  His game highlights pause and insert the word "stylin'" before or after he makes a play.

Keenan Garber is big time.  A legit athlete.  He will be salty in the open field.  He's got better 40 yard, broad jump, and vertical numbers than a lot of receivers at the NFL combine.  And he can break on a dime.

That video of Taylor Poitier is special.  What's not is his bulk.  But if he gets to the 290-300 range he could be a beast.  Mean, nasty and moves extremely well.  Exceptional feet.

Hatter, you need to tell me what to think about this class overall.  Should I be pleased that we "salvaged" it, exited about an HC that travels to recruit, etc, what?  Just tell me.
why did literally no one else see that in Poitier? and even we didn't bother offering until the night before signing day. i don't think weight is the only excuse because there are 100s of OLs offered each year who need to put on lots of weight

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24130 on: December 19, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
I’m going to light Kliemans ass up if he doesn’t deliver a top 50 class next year but I’m very happy with what he’s done with the limited opportunity.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #24131 on: December 20, 2018, 08:18:10 AM »
I had no idea who Taylor Braet was until this year and after watching two vids on Twitter, I want to be BFF with him.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24132 on: December 20, 2018, 09:06:35 AM »
I had no idea who Taylor Braet was until this year and after watching two vids on Twitter, I want to be BFF with him.
Assistant interviews! Holy crap!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24133 on: December 20, 2018, 10:24:09 AM »
what's up y'all.  Here to talk 'cruitin.

William Jones is super fast.  As in he's run a faster 200 meters than any Kansas high school boy in the last 40 years.  A 21.18 legit 200.  Crazy speed.  He also sports a 40-plus vertical.  His game highlights pause and insert the word "stylin'" before or after he makes a play.

Keenan Garber is big time.  A legit athlete.  He will be salty in the open field.  He's got better 40 yard, broad jump, and vertical numbers than a lot of receivers at the NFL combine.  And he can break on a dime.

That video of Taylor Poitier is special.  What's not is his bulk.  But if he gets to the 290-300 range he could be a beast.  Mean, nasty and moves extremely well.  Exceptional feet.

:billdance:

HATTER!!!

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24135 on: December 21, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »
Can we get a sponsor deal with Purple Mattress already?  Could be a a good recruiting tool: “sign a letter of intent at K-State and sleep like a baby on your own personal king size #PurpleMattress (that’s right, the one from the commercials!)
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24136 on: December 21, 2018, 04:55:20 PM »
Can we get a sponsor deal with Purple Mattress already?  Could be a a good recruiting tool: “sign a letter of intent at K-State and sleep like a baby on your own personal king size #PurpleMattress (that’s right, the one from the commercials!)

Nice one!

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24137 on: December 21, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »

Braet's dad was the DL coach at Butler CC for decades. Probably put 10-15 players into the NFL (certainly more than Mo ever did...).

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24138 on: December 21, 2018, 11:57:31 PM »
give mo a break, butler has more power 5 talent than we do

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24139 on: December 23, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »
I just watched 8 minutes of Jax Dineen videos and holy crap am I excited.  He's a human wrecking ball that plays angry and looks like he plays dirty too :excited:

Also we should all be praying to tiny little baby jesus that the coaches somehow land La'Vontae Shenault in the late signing period.  Between him, garber,and chabastin might have something that resembles a big 12 wr corp next year. 

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24140 on: December 24, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »
I just watched 8 minutes of Jax Dineen videos and holy crap am I excited.  He's a human wrecking ball that plays angry and looks like he plays dirty too :excited:

Also we should all be praying to tiny little baby jesus that the coaches somehow land La'Vontae Shenault in the late signing period.  Between him, garber,and chabastin might have something that resembles a big 12 wr corp next year.
don't forget who dineen is playing against. Very few D1 players

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24141 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »
Does anyone know if Tyler Burns is still at K-State.  Might he be a target for the new staff?  Did he leave the program due to the old coaches?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24142 on: December 28, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »

WTF? What kind of ignorant player hating bullshit is this? Most high school players compete against "very few D1 players."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24143 on: December 28, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »
Does anyone know if Tyler Burns is still at K-State.  Might he be a target for the new staff?  Did he leave the program due to the old coaches?

I'm guessing he quit football considering he wasn't announced as a transfer anywhere. He hasn't played football in a year.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24144 on: December 28, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »

WTF? What kind of ignorant player hating bullshit is this? Most high school players compete against "very few D1 players."
The kids an animal & I’ll bet ends up a fan favorite. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24145 on: January 04, 2019, 12:27:35 PM »
Small Tidbit to get excited about:

Jason Ray (new WR coach) is an alum of Broken Arrow High School(also coached as an assistant for two years at Oklahoma State)  Broken Arrow is the school of one our late signee 2019 targets LB Gavin Potter. 

Broken Arrow has 7-8 P5 level guys between the 2020-2021 classes  including two 4 star’s in the 2020 class.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24146 on: January 04, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »
Small Tidbit to get excited about:

Jason Ray (new WR coach) is an alum of Broken Arrow High School(also coached as an assistant for two years at Oklahoma State)  Broken Arrow is the school of one our late signee 2019 targets LB Gavin Potter. 

Broken Arrow has 7-8 P5 level guys between the 2020-2021 classes  including two 4 star’s in the 2020 class.

thank you for your ray of hope

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24147 on: January 04, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
jason ray also was the lead 'cruiter for tyreek hill when he went to oSu and then he got kicked off for doing bad stuff (hill not raygun).

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24148 on: January 04, 2019, 09:21:20 PM »
jason ray also was the lead 'cruiter for tyreek hill when he went to oSu and then he got kicked off for doing bad stuff (hill not raygun).

I like this.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24149 on: January 08, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »
What a tidbit wetwillie!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.