Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5621744 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #21125 on: July 26, 2015, 07:18:11 AM »
Kslim, bro.  Come on man.
hey I love Kansas but I will never blame someone for wanting to move somewhere else. Especially an 18 year old kid. It's dumb and very tuckish

No, I meant come on with the he picked clemson cause it has a beach garbage.
ive been there it's actually pretty nice. But I have no idea why he picked Clemson. That wasn't my point

I get your point.

And I'm not blaming the decision making of an 18 year old kid.  I'm blaming the coaching staff for being marginal recruiters and their total inability to capitalize on the success of the program over the years by building a culture around our program where it's ingrained into the state's top players to play for the state's top college football program like many other schools in our position have done.  Basically, exactly what Gary Pinkle has done at Missouri.

Don't kid yourself, Xavier Kelly isn't going to Clemson because of the allure of playing golf at Hilton Head.  He's there because of Brent Venables.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:02:19 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21126 on: July 26, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »
Can anyone give me a little background on our commits that we have landed so far? Also what positions we need to fill with this class? Thanks! :ksu:

Go to bed Fitz, you're drunk.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21127 on: July 27, 2015, 07:57:32 AM »
zach shackelford is currently visiting, and posted this.  hope this means a commitment, and not a stupid top 3 or something

https://twitter.com/shackattack1997/status/624725504512266240

https://twitter.com/shackattack1997/status/624735712856813568

We are only recruiting bucket hat quality player!!!  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact he promised an announcement @ 7 and based on that time stamp is obviously a GIANT LIAR???

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21128 on: July 27, 2015, 08:41:53 AM »
Seriously though. Clemson is a dump. I never really knew much about it until I preformed a quick google search to find out that the town is the school and that's essentially it. Like for real. Google maps that bitch to see that Clemson University makes up like 80% of the town. The population is 17K and more than doubles with students. I have no idea why anyone would want to play there/ go to school there. I guess everyone wants to run down that hill and tear their ACL pregame.

That sounds amazing, actually.  :love:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21129 on: July 27, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21130 on: July 27, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University

Interesting University.
They are the Iowa State of the east coast and if they played in the Big Twelve would have about as many wins in a year

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21131 on: July 27, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »
Dorks. Clemson is a wondeful school that is very similar to KSU. It also happens to be home to one of the most consistent football programs in the country over the past number of years. They've also put out a few top flight NFL players, a couple being defensive studs. Obviously BV is a wonderful DC and his fire excites the hell out of world class athletes who want to play defense. Also, Clemson held the open-air decibel record for a number of years despite its stadium holding ~80k. I love KSU as much as anyone but it's not that hard to see why Clemson is an attractive place for an 18 yo who doesn't have an allegiance to any particular school, local or not.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21132 on: July 27, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
Dorks. Clemson is a wondeful school that is very similar to KSU. It also happens to be home to one of the most consistent football programs in the country over the past number of years. They've also put out a few top flight NFL players, a couple being defensive studs. Obviously BV is a wonderful DC and his fire excites the hell out of world class athletes who want to play defense. Also, Clemson held the open-air decibel record for a number of years despite its stadium holding ~80k. I love KSU as much as anyone but it's not that hard to see why Clemson is an attractive place for an 18 yo who doesn't have an allegiance to any particular school, local or not.

Yeah, it's K-State on the coast. It sounds like a great place to live.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21133 on: July 27, 2015, 05:35:21 PM »
 :dubious:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21134 on: July 28, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »
I live with a girl that went to South Carolina and she has absolutely nothing positive to say about Clemson. A lot of the vernacular she uses is the same that KU uses against KState. So I'm led to believe I should hate South Carolina and love Clemson based on those facts alone.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21135 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:31 AM »
I live with a girl that went to South Carolina and she has absolutely nothing positive to say about Clemson. A lot of the vernacular she uses is the same that KU uses against KState. So I'm led to believe I should hate South Carolina and love Clemson based on those facts alone.

This is an incredibly accurate comparo of the Clemson/USC.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21136 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »
Clemson and K-State, two stud Land Grant bros separated by a 1,000 miles.  One good at recruiting, one terrible at it.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21137 on: July 28, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »

Clemson and K-State, two stud Land Grant bros separated by a 1,000 miles.  One good at recruiting, one terrible at it.

So Venzy is the Key to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21138 on: July 28, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
Im sorry guys, I shouldn't have said all those mean things about our bros in SC.
@Trogdor_gE

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21139 on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »
K-State has landed 2- 4* qb's and Alex Delton in the last year and somehow we're "terrible" at recruiting. :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21140 on: July 28, 2015, 10:53:58 PM »
LOL, Clemson is 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Charlotte, 20 minutes Greenville, SC and an hour from Ashville, NC, 1.5 hours to Athens, GA.    Great campus, cool stadium setting, right on the shores of Lake Hartwell.

You're a dumbass Trogdor.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: July 28, 2015, 11:02:39 PM »
LOL, Clemson is 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Charlotte, 20 minutes Greenville, SC and an hour from Ashville, NC, 1.5 hours to Athens, GA.    Great campus, cool stadium setting, right on the shores of Lake Hartwell.

You're a dumbass Trogdor.

Those all sound really great
@Trogdor_gE

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21142 on: July 29, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
K-State has landed 2- 4* qb's and Alex Delton in the last year and somehow we're "terrible" at recruiting. :lol:

Oh Wacky. Any school that consistently recruits on par with Iowa State and Kansas is not good at recruiting.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21143 on: July 29, 2015, 10:05:19 AM »
We've been finishing in the top 50 the last couple of seasons. I agree it's not "great" recruiting, but I don't think it's terrible either.  :dunno: I agree about our position players tho. Woof!

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #21144 on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
We've been finishing in the top 50 the last couple of seasons. I agree it's not "great" recruiting, but I don't think it's terrible either.  :dunno: I agree about our position players tho. Woof!

Is it naive to think Rivals can accurately project class ranked between 25-50?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: July 29, 2015, 10:58:37 AM »
It's really the only metric out there to look at. Screw espn rankings.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21146 on: July 29, 2015, 11:19:33 AM »
Kslim, bro.  Come on man.
hey I love Kansas but I will never blame someone for wanting to move somewhere else. Especially an 18 year old kid. It's dumb and very tuckish

No, I meant come on with the he picked clemson cause it has a beach garbage.
ive been there it's actually pretty nice. But I have no idea why he picked Clemson. That wasn't my point

I get your point.

And I'm not blaming the decision making of an 18 year old kid.  I'm blaming the coaching staff for being marginal recruiters and their total inability to capitalize on the success of the program over the years by building a culture around our program where it's ingrained into the state's top players to play for the state's top college football program like many other schools in our position have done.  Basically, exactly what Gary Pinkle has done at Missouri.

Don't kid yourself, Xavier Kelly isn't going to Clemson because of the allure of playing golf at Hilton Head.  He's there because of Brent Venables.

yeah except Pinkel hasn't really done that at MU.  He loses kids to out of state programs all the time.  He gets more than we do to stay home but he's also the only power 5 football school in the state.   The Pinkel shutting down the Missouri borders stuff is one of the biggest false narratives out there. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: July 29, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »
Trog, sorry for calling you a DA.  You and I will be better people going forward.

In regards to MU, or at least their fans.   Whenever a kid they were recruiting goes out-of-state, particularly to K-State, it was because MU "backed off" aka Shaggy Bevo's "RC Didn't Offer". 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21148 on: July 29, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »
dad, did an MU alum move in next door to you recently?  what's your beef with MU lately? 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #21149 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »
yeah except Pinkel hasn't really done that at MU.  He loses kids to out of state programs all the time.  He gets more than we do to stay home but he's also the only power 5 football school in the state.   The Pinkel shutting down the Missouri borders stuff is one of the biggest false narratives out there.

There was a time, somewhere around the Chase Daniel era, where they were locking things down pretty well.  They were usually getting 80-90% of the Top 8-10 kids in the class.

This has changed over the last few years.  You'd imagine that the whole ESS-EEE-SEE narrative would help them recruit better in state, but that's not the case.  Nebraska and Iowa have been a lot more active in Missouri.  So have we.  Arkansas and other SEC teams are now getting into the action.  I think Alabama and Miss St. came in and took some Top Ten kids last year, too.

Regardless, locking the borders down is going to be an antiquated concept going forward.  Every game can be seen on TV now, no matter where you are, so it's not like you have to stay at home for your parents to watch you play.