Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5619395 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #24175 on: January 29, 2019, 08:12:58 AM »
if we pull the big DT from arizona i will be very impressed

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24176 on: January 29, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »
so will everyone else given the fact that all the other schools recruiting him quit recruiting him. not sure what the issue is but grades comes first to mind.
he was supposed to be going to nebraska but they dropped him at the last minute alone with USC and ASU.

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24177 on: January 30, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »
so will everyone else given the fact that all the other schools recruiting him quit recruiting him. not sure what the issue is but grades comes first to mind.
he was supposed to be going to nebraska but they dropped him at the last minute alone with USC and ASU.

Didn't we used to make a killing off guys like this back in the 90's? Frank Murphy comes to mind first and foremost, but I seem to recall a ton of others that were borderline. People used to make fun of us that we took in all of the questionable recruits.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24178 on: January 30, 2019, 11:13:55 AM »

Didn't we used to make a killing off guys like this back in the 90's? Frank Murphy comes to mind first and foremost, but I seem to recall a ton of others that were borderline. People used to make fun of us that we took in all of the questionable recruits.

I get your point but Frank wasn't borderline. He went to GCCC and was a full qualifier in the same mode as most other community college transfers.

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24179 on: January 30, 2019, 11:41:44 AM »

I get your point but Frank wasn't borderline. He went to GCCC and was a full qualifier in the same mode as most other community college transfers.

Gotcha. Was there another issue with Frank? Was it more of character issue that was the question?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24180 on: January 30, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »
there's a gigantic DT from Rockhurst visiting this weekend. he's apparently a silent OU commit so it would be a v big deal to switch him.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24182 on: January 30, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
there's a gigantic DT from Rockhurst visiting this weekend. he's apparently a silent OU commit so it would be a v big deal to switch him.

Pretty sure he is an OL tho right?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24183 on: January 30, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »

oops yes OL

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24184 on: January 30, 2019, 01:22:29 PM »

oops yes OL
this can't be right.......I was led to believe Miles is going to take over the KC Metro  :confused:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24185 on: January 30, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »

oops yes OL

Watch this guy play in person and watched his tape. The dude is a beast. Remind me of Cornelius Lucas.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24186 on: January 30, 2019, 10:58:32 PM »
Any idea how many scholarships we have left?  We have two transfers and 18 kids signed / verbals... One of those is Potter who seems like he wants to go elsewhere (OSU I would guess).  By my count we are still after:
- The Tulsa RB Grayson
- The California CB Reed
- The Arizona DT
- The KC OL Ike
- The tOSU RB Price

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24187 on: January 31, 2019, 06:06:18 AM »
Price is going to Juco and will be a 2020.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24188 on: January 31, 2019, 07:14:09 AM »

oops yes OL

Watch this guy play in person and watched his tape. The dude is a beast. Remind me of Cornelius Lucas.
the kid seems all in on OU. Interacting with all the OU recruits every day on twitter. Would be quite an accomplishment if ksu pulled a miracle. they are probably wasting their time but glad they trying.
i don't know what Riley says to recruits but they freaking love OU.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24189 on: January 31, 2019, 08:07:24 AM »
absolutely a good sign that they're putting effort in on him, and getting him as an official visit the weekend before signing day. no expectation that he'll switch from OU but it's a refreshing change to even be trying.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24190 on: January 31, 2019, 08:54:29 AM »

Gotcha. Was there another issue with Frank? Was it more of character issue that was the question?

Didn't we buy him a used 3k dollar bmw or something? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24191 on: January 31, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »

Didn't we buy him a used 3k dollar bmw or something?

No. A booster sold him a 10 year old, high mileage, car for below market value. A couple of other boosters bought the cost of the car down by chipping in with the booster. Frank's mom paid like $1200 when the car should have cost around $5000

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24192 on: January 31, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »

oops yes OL

the kid seems all in on OU. Interacting with all the OU recruits every day on twitter. Would be quite an accomplishment if ksu pulled a miracle. they are probably wasting their time but glad they trying.
i don't know what Riley says to recruits but they freaking love OU.

He probably promises them a National Championship, NFL style facilities, a hot model blonde girlfriend for as long as they are there, immunity from the law, and an NFL contract after 4 years.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24193 on: February 01, 2019, 04:29:30 PM »
absolutely a good sign that they're putting effort in on him, and getting him as an official visit the weekend before signing day. no expectation that he'll switch from OU but it's a refreshing change to even be trying.
whats the story on the poly DT from AZ? every other school dropped off him. i'm guessing he's not qualifying? are we just trying to build a relationship for after juco?

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24194 on: February 01, 2019, 05:54:06 PM »

I don’t doubt you, but I noticed on the 247 podcast the discussed that Price would like see time as a true freshman at RB along with Gilbert. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24195 on: February 01, 2019, 08:35:46 PM »

I don’t doubt you, but I noticed on the 247 podcast the discussed that Price would like see time as a true freshman at RB along with Gilbert. 

That’s Clyde Price the 2019 high school recruit from KC.   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #24196 on: February 04, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24197 on: February 04, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »
I hope we get that massive DT from AZ too.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24198 on: February 04, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »
I’m not even going to try to formulate an opinion on if any of these RBs can be any good, but I like that it at least seems like these coaches came in, saw a weakness on the roster, identified players they felt they reasonably had a chance of getting and went after them hard. Previous years at this point felt like we were just throwing offers at random players and hoping they’d take a scholarship offer from us over a G6 or FCS scholly or a PWO

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24199 on: February 04, 2019, 01:45:49 PM »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW