Author Topic: Dear Dom  (Read 8163 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Dom
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
kelly was playing like a complete dumbass, i think that's why frank put him on the bench for so long.

:kellyaftereverywhistle: = 2 parts :dunno: + 2 parts :confused: + 1 part  :curse:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »
kelly trying to break down anderson from 19 feet out was both elite and nightmarish at the same time

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »
kelly was just off/kind of bad.  JHR gave good minutes in his place.  Colon was borderline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) tonight, imo.  Nu wasn't even defending the post entry to colon, they were encouraging it, then laughing as they got the rebound.  thank god for dom, pulls, and heat check.  and shazbot! frank for going to that f'ing zone (not that it mattered cause we apparently can't hedge a f'ing screen for a shooter).

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
kelly was just off/kind of bad.  JHR gave good minutes in his place.  Colon was borderline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) tonight, imo.  Nu wasn't even defending the post entry to colon, they were encouraging it, then laughing as they got the rebound.  thank god for dom, pulls, and heat check.  and shazbot! frank for going to that f'ing zone (not that it mattered cause we apparently can't hedge a f'ing screen for a shooter).

^^^^^^^ Worst in the country. Just barely in front of a quality 4A high school team.
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
Two big free throws from Merriewether = 1 baker's dozen of unused cusswords prematurely prepared by FR.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

catzacker

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 10:45:29 PM »
Two big free throws from Merriewether = 1 baker's dozen of unused cusswords prematurely prepared by FR.

I was ready to pounce as well.  it will have to stay locked up....for now...

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »
Judge, Colon, Samuels & Kelly combined for

66 MIN
5 OREB
11 REB
3 AST
2 STL
1 BLK
9 TO

Roberts 12 MIN, 2 REB & 2 BLK and a ridiculous +/-

:dunno:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 11:04:02 PM »
kelly was playing like a complete dumbass, i think that's why frank put him on the bench for so long.

:kellyaftereverywhistle: = 2 parts :dunno: + 2 parts :confused: + 1 part  :curse:

very accurate. lol

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:03 AM »

colon tonight reminded me of how painful it was to watch us "finish" inside last year. 

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 01:48:09 AM »
Can we get back to talking about Dom? He gave me plenty of fist pumping moments tonight. I saw him square up for the first three and I was like :facepalm: and after it went in I was all  :pbj: :pbj:

Great game, I was happy that he scored 20 with those free throws down the stretch.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »

I normally like Colon's play, but his misses from the paint early in the game established a definite funky tone for the team overall.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »
Lou made his first 2 shots in the game. He sucked at the start of the second half bad though.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »
Hey mich, where can I find a good explanation of RR? Thx bro.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »
Hey mich, where can I find a good explanation of RR? Thx bro.

It's the difference between the score when a player is on the court and when he was off.

In JHR's case, the score was 34-13 when he was in the game, and 57-74 when he was off.

So, his pure +/- was +21, but his Roland Rating was +38 because KSU was outscored by 17 when he was off the court.  Granted, it is skewed a bit because he was out for Nubb's ridiculous finish, but you can't deny the fact that the defense got A LOT better when he was in the game.  I mean, 13 points in 12 minutes while he was in?  Please.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »
Henriquez is going to be a stud in a year or two.  He looks like he's put on some good weight since the season started as well. 

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
Henriquez is going to be a stud in a year or two.  He looks like he's put on some good weight since the season started as well. 

notsureifsrs...

He'll be good, but he still looks like bambi.  Haven't noticed the weight gain.