Author Topic: Gasaway on the CJOnline Podcast  (Read 4700 times)

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
Gasaway on the CJOnline Podcast
« on: February 17, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
Fantastic podcast from Meek and Tully this week.  Good insight from Tully on jersey name tags and being on terrible sporting teams, Ron Prince sighting information and Gasaway.

Could have only been made better if Meek wasn't so obviously crushing on Gasaway, and if the phone interviews were, you know, audible.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Gasaway on the CJOnline Podcast
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
audio quality aside, these bball podcasts are the best thing to happen in local media all year.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline austin_meek

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
Fantastic podcast from Meek and Tully this week.  Good insight from Tully on jersey name tags and being on terrible sporting teams, Ron Prince sighting information and Gasaway.

Could have only been made better if Meek wasn't so obviously crushing on Gasaway, and if the phone interviews were, you know, audible.

So I was excited to have a real guest. Sue me.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »
it's too bad the podcast was the day of the Nub game instead of the day after.  would have loved to have heard Gassoway analyze those numbers.

also he says our defensive #s are bascially the same as ku's in conference.  couldn't find that stat on kenpom.  anyone know where conference only #s are on kenpom?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »

meek, the RSS feed on the Gassoway interview is messed up or something.  it won't download in iTunes or podTrapper.  but the mp3 download works fine if you go to the podcast page @cjOnline.

Offline austin_meek

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:57:24 PM »

meek, the RSS feed on the Gassoway interview is messed up or something.  it won't download in iTunes or podTrapper.  but the mp3 download works fine if you go to the podcast page @cjOnline.

I tried to fix it this morning ... let me know if it works.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
it's too bad the podcast was the day of the Nub game instead of the day after.  would have loved to have heard Gassoway analyze those numbers.

also he says our defensive #s are bascially the same as ku's in conference.  couldn't find that stat on kenpom.  anyone know where conference only #s are on kenpom?

Gasaway posts them weekly in his Tuesday Truths column

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=924

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »

I tried to fix it this morning ... let me know if it works.

working now.  thanks

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 01:06:06 PM »

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »
it is infuriating that ku fans completely ignore corcoran.  wtf is wrong with them?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline austin_meek

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
it is infuriating that ku fans completely ignore corcoran.  wtf is wrong with them?

They clearly don't appreciate what they have.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »
it is infuriating that ku fans completely ignore corcoran.  wtf is wrong with them?

They clearly don't appreciate what they have.

inorite.

btw, you need to write or podcast something calling out these bzey recruiting lies and the lazy journalists that print them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:38:42 PM by sys »

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Getting antsy for a new podcast.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
How about when Corcoran compared Denis to a pot of boiling rice... :opcat:....

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
How about when Corcoran compared Denis to a pot of boiling rice... :opcat:....

With that voice, he can say whatever he wants.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 11:39:45 AM »
crap.  looks like our defense is really no better than ISU's and that we are on OE team and junkyard cats are DOA.

It's true that if you can just hang on to the ball against K-State, you're facing the equivalent of the Iowa State defense. (Both teams give up about 1.27 points per TO-less trip.)

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=940

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
crap.  looks like our defense is really no better than ISU's and that we are on OE team and junkyard cats are DOA.

It's true that if you can just hang on to the ball against K-State, you're facing the equivalent of the Iowa State defense. (Both teams give up about 1.27 points per TO-less trip.)

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=940

Forcing TOs is kinda a big part of how we play defense.  And why we probably give up a higher eFG% than you might expect.  The result will be some opens shots/higher FG% at times against us.  But more often than not we will force you into a TO% of at least 20%.  In fact, in only 2 Big 12 games have teams had less than a 20% TO% against us.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »
Missed this.  In talking about Duke's seasonal collapses, Gasaway gives a little shout out to our junkyardian style of offense.

Which, again, doesn’t rule out a fatigue-based Duke Collapse theory entirely. Maybe Coach K just demands so goll-dern much from his players, what with all that floor-slapping, blatantly un-Kansas-State-like motion on offense, actual effort on defense, etc. Or maybe his practices are too frequent and/or intense. There could be any number of sound fatigue-based reasons why the Blue Devils have been falling apart like a cheap rain coat every year.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 02:39:12 PM »
 :grin:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »
Missed this.  In talking about Duke's seasonal collapses, Gasaway gives a little shout out to our junkyardian style of offense.

Which, again, doesn’t rule out a fatigue-based Duke Collapse theory entirely. Maybe Coach K just demands so goll-dern much from his players, what with all that floor-slapping, blatantly un-Kansas-State-like motion on offense, actual effort on defense, etc. Or maybe his practices are too frequent and/or intense. There could be any number of sound fatigue-based reasons why the Blue Devils have been falling apart like a cheap rain coat every year.

on that note....do any of you think our pressure style of defense will have any fatigue effects later this year?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »

on that note....do any of you think our pressure style of defense will have any fatigue effects later this year?

For the other team.

Hoping our style of Defense in a huge advantage come tournament time.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 03:23:19 PM »
Gasaway is a dickhead.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Gasaway is a dickhead.

It's still true!!!