Author Topic: So..........the KU rebel bbs  (Read 18436 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: So..........the KU rebel bbs
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
2 high school buddies graduated Vandy (17th) and Duke Law (11th) respectively . . . their usual reaction to ku law (67th)  :lol:
Really?  This is what you're going with here?  :rolleyes:

The only subjective measures that means anything in the rankings is the percentage of graduates employed after graduation and faculty to student ratios.  KU Law scores very well in those categories.  The other measures they take into account are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because they're self-fulfilling and the school can't do anything about it.  Surveys of judges, acceptance rates, LSAT scores, etc.  Those will always score high as long as the ranking is high and the ranking will always be high as long as those things score well.  It's why the rankings hardly ever change.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2011, 07:39:28 PM »
2 high school buddies graduated Vandy (17th) and Duke Law (11th) respectively . . . their usual reaction to ku law (67th)  :lol:

The only subjective measures that means anything in the rankings is the percentage of graduates employed after graduation and faculty to student ratios.  KU Law scores very well in those categories.  The other measures they take into account are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because they're self-fulfilling and the school can't do anything about it.  Surveys of judges, acceptance rates, LSAT scores, etc.  Those will always score high as long as the ranking is high and the ranking will always be high as long as those things score well.  It's why the rankings hardly ever change.

Where did BSAC graduate from?  This answer will practically be the determining factor on where I apply.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2011, 04:08:23 PM »

Where did BSAC graduate from?  This answer will practically be the determining factor on where I apply.

Best tip in life I can ever give you ever: don't go to law school.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »

The only subjective measures that means anything in the rankings is the percentage of graduates employed after graduation and faculty to student ratios.  KU Law scores very well in those categories.  The other measures they take into account are effing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because they're self-fulfilling and the school can't do anything about it.  Surveys of judges, acceptance rates, LSAT scores, etc.  Those will always score high as long as the ranking is high and the ranking will always be high as long as those things score well.  It's why the rankings hardly ever change.

BZZZT.  Wrong.  Turn in your bluebook.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »

They count people employed as bartenders in those figures.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »

The only subjective measures that means anything in the rankings is the percentage of graduates employed after graduation and faculty to student ratios.  KU Law scores very well in those categories.  The other measures they take into account are effing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because they're self-fulfilling and the school can't do anything about it.  Surveys of judges, acceptance rates, LSAT scores, etc.  Those will always score high as long as the ranking is high and the ranking will always be high as long as those things score well.  It's why the rankings hardly ever change.

They count people employed as bartenders in those figures.

and at public defenders office, and legal aid, and as a contract attorney...."% employed" is very misleading.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2011, 04:19:57 PM »
Well if it hasn't really been said about Rams, than I shall say it.

Squawk, Squawk, Squawk . . . you know it.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

KU is not the enemy in the grand scheme of things. Get that through your head, f*ck.

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

KU is not the enemy in the grand scheme of things. Get that through your head, f*ck.

wow - that's a lot of venom for a fatty post.  Did somebody "42" his acct.?

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

Not saying ku is the enemy.  Just have a poorly regarded law school.  Academically ku and ksu are the same thing.  State schools without a lot of resources.  ku shouldn't have a law school because they don't do it well.  no biggie.  I'd oppose KSu adding any post-grad schools that don't relate to animals or soil.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
1.  Whatever ranking being considered, ku pimps themselves wholesale, and massage stats to get the best ranking possible.  Think of the standards of the athletic program writ large for the university in general.  In other words, ku, institutionally, will say or do anything to make themselves look better than they are.
2.  NEVER, ever ask a ku student/grad about their quality of education.  They are brainwashed into believing they are getting / got an Ivy League equivalent education when it's often worse than mediocre.  More often than not, a student could get into a better degree program at K-State or WSU.
3.  ku, institutionally, is the master of self-promotion.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

Not saying ku is the enemy.  Just have a poorly regarded law school.  Academically ku and ksu are the same thing.  State schools without a lot of resources.  ku shouldn't have a law school because they don't do it well.  no biggie.  I'd oppose KSu adding any post-grad schools that don't relate to animals or soil.

KU is a significantly better school than K-State.   The endowments aren't even close.   

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
you're all idiot kansans. jesus. have some pride in your f*cking state.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »

Thanks for the tip bad person.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

KU is a significantly better school than K-State.   The endowments aren't even close.   

lollers.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »

It's a pretty good tip  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »

It sure is in 2011.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

lollers.

KU's endowment is over $1 billion.  K-State's is roughly $260 million.  That's a huge difference.  Your campus is also really small.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »

It sure is in 2011.
I SAID "THANKS."
 :curse:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

lollers.

KU's endowment is over $1 billion.  K-State's is roughly $260 million.  That's a huge difference.  Your campus is also really small.

You're serious?  I thought you were joking by comparing endowments.

I know you are joking by comparing "campus size"

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »
call me a squawk, slut.

lollers.

Are you counting the field of hay bales on Bob Billings?