Author Topic: CK technical foul  (Read 1042 times)

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
CK technical foul
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »
for throwing elbows question?  I watched the replay and on that play, 33 pushed CK in the back, which was why the foul was called, causing CK to hit Burks, who had run up in under CK.  HORRIBLE call to call the technical on CK but that is another discussion. Higgins then shoot the FTs for CU. After Burks elbow on Southwell, Shane shoots the FTs after Will goes to the line to shoot.  Explanation was that Boyle gets to choose.  So Frank selected a 90% FT shooter when Default 65% and Roberson 59% were on the floor?  Either the refs effed up another one or Frank was asleep at the wheel.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: CK technical foul
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »
The Burks elbow was called an intentional foul.  The Kelly elbow was called an intentional technical.  Difference being who gets to shoot the FT's.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:27:06 AM »
probably the reason we lost  :jerk:

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »
The Burks elbow was called an intentional foul.  The Kelly elbow was called an intentional technical.  Difference being who gets to shoot the FT's.

Thanks. That makes sense.  However, in order for the CK foul to be a technical, wouldn't it have to be determined to be a single dead ball technical?  Also found this little gem in the NCAA rulebook:

Quote from: NCAA Rulebook
When the arm and elbow, with the shoulder as a base (pivot) are swung
with a speed that exceeds the rest of the body as it rotates on the hips or on
the pivot foot, that action is considered to be excessive. Contact, after such
an action, shall not be ignored but shall be called a flagrant foul

Officials totally effed this one especially considering the had the benefit of reviewing the replay. How they could miss that the CU player pushed CK causing him to run into burks while he was making a move to the basket is beyond me.  Also, in order to bring in the technical aspect there has to be intentional swinging of the elbows as described in the rulebook.  CK's elbows were clearly moving as a part of the body and in no way aggressive.  Horrible call.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »
Okay. New basketball coaching strategy. Teach players how to run into opponents elbows.