Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583949 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1475 on: March 28, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
I've got a great idea, that's NEVER BEEN DONE.

Co-Head Coaches!!!

Let's make history.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 28, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »
Here's an idea from way out in left field:

P.J. Carlesimo

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 28, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »
I've got a great idea, that's NEVER BEEN DONE.

Co-Head Coaches!!!

Let's make history.

Trim and MiR would easily bring back the Angriest Fanbase in America.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1478 on: March 28, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
#slapthefloor
If you leave this board (again), I will be very, very upset.

Yeah rake, I was away when you left earlier. But I like your posting, so stick around.

i have taken a different path to get here. i have been message boarding every day of my life since i was 12 years old. my first message board was chiefs coalition, where i was one of only a few teenagers at the forum. it was not a big board, but that was the way i started. i started posting at that age and i have been posting every year of my life since then. that is something that I take a lot of pride in.

my uncle and my high school message board coach, who were the two male figures in my life, they were my message board mentors, they were guys that worked, and they did not make excuses. when things were good, when things were bad, they got up and posted. the guys that I have posted with in message boarding, steve dave, oldefella, and obviously michigancat, two of those guys come from the coal mines of west virginia where they like to say, it don’t matter what the weather is, you are going to post the next day.’ as a kid growing up, as a man posting, those are the type of people that I have been around. so that is not going to change, that will continue.

i believe in two things, loyalty and honesty, and i can tell you that i'll be here for a long time - at least until scout's michigan board approves me, at which point i'll go check out all the wolverines' 5-star recruits, maybe post a few john beilein pictures. you know, things of that nature.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 28, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
LOL @ Rake.

And:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/coaches/dane-fife/career_record

^now on staff w/ Izzy. pls compare to Jank/other shitty humans

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 28, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »
#slapthefloor

Yeah rake, I was away when you left earlier. But I like your posting, so stick around.

i have taken a different path to get here. i have been message boarding every day of my life since i was 12 years old. my first message board was chiefs coalition, where i was one of only a few teenagers at the forum. it was not a big board, but that was the way i started. i started posting at that age and i have been posting every year of my life since then. that is something that I take a lot of pride in.

my uncle and my high school message board coach, who were the two male figures in my life, they were my message board mentors, they were guys that worked, and they did not make excuses. when things were good, when things were bad, they got up and posted. the guys that I have posted with in message boarding, steve dave, oldefella, and obviously michigancat, two of those guys come from the coal mines of west virginia where they like to say, it don’t matter what the weather is, you are going to post the next day.’ as a kid growing up, as a man posting, those are the type of people that I have been around. so that is not going to change, that will continue.

i believe in two things, loyalty and honesty, and i can tell you that i'll be here for a long time - at least until scout's michigan board approves me, at which point i'll go check out all the wolverines' 5-star recruits, maybe post a few john beilein pictures. you know, things of that nature.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 28, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »
now on staff w/ Izzy

you had me at this.  please post whatever his name is so I can add him to the middle portion of the list

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 28, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »
#slapthefloor

I POSTED ABOUT ASBURY BASKETBALL. I POSTED ABOUT WOOLY BALL. EVERY. YEAR. HE. COACHED. EVERY YEAR!

Don't tell me about this stuff. Please.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 28, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
LOL @ Rake.

And:

I said it when we hired Frank, but I think an unproven coach is better than proven mediocrity. Wooldridge followed by Frank should have taught everyone that.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 28, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
#slapthefloor

Chiefs coalition was a terrible message board. Absolutely awful.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: March 28, 2012, 07:34:13 PM »
Lol @ Beems trying to validate any and all former KU assistants/players as viable candidates. Just because a guy is a great coach doesn't mean his assistants are going to be. Please name one member of the Bill Self coaching tree who has been a quality head coach.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 28, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »

i kinda like the planet. but man is that an unhappy place
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »

STFU noob!

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:34 PM »

STFU noob!

:grin:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1489 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »

like i said, i’ve been a message boarder my whole life. i’ve followed a different path to get here. i wasn’t blessed to be a part of the planet or even the chiefs scout board. growing up, my family worked to make ends meet. we had dial-up internet and prodigy and couldn't upgrade to windows 95 until windows 2000 came out. we didn't cook meals unless mom's paycheck came, which was never.

so we brought home burger king or some fast-food establishment and then i'd log into the computer and post at the coalition forum. that was my childhood. i’m a message boarder. i’m not a passive poster and i understand that. but, i can also tell you I spent nine years as a message boarder. my posting style has never been an issue before and i don’t expect it to be an issue now. it’s a lot more difficult for me to be at this forum. i was at the other one for five years at the high school level and for a few years at the collegiate level. i also frequent the springsteen board.

as a newbie, all you can do is provide energy to the board and suggestions to the mods. it’s difficult because I like to have strong opinions, and you've seen that with wojo. since i've been here, it's easier for me now, because i’m experienced at it. but when you’re posting, and every time a moderator pops into a thread and filters you, i have to, you know, scale back a little bit.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1490 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »
LOL @ Rake.

And:

I said it when we hired Frank, but I think an unproven coach is better than proven mediocrity. Wooldridge followed by Frank should have taught everyone that.

Fife was like 19 when he took that job. And he wasn't blessed with Alec Burks or Osiris Eldridge.

Another name: Brad Brownell   

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:56 PM »
I like michigancat's prince'esque options.  shoot from the hip instead of settling for dogshit is what I always say. 

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »

like i said, i’ve been a message boarder my whole life. i’ve followed a different path to get here. i wasn’t blessed to be a part of the planet or even the chiefs scout board. growing up, my family worked to make ends meet. we had dial-up internet and prodigy and couldn't upgrade to windows 95 until windows 2000 came out. we didn't cook meals unless mom's paycheck came, which was never.

so we brought home burger king or some fast-food establishment and then i'd log into the computer and post at the coalition forum. that was my childhood. i’m a message boarder. i’m not a passive poster and i understand that. but, i can also tell you I spent nine years as a message boarder. my posting style has never been an issue before and i don’t expect it to be an issue now. it’s a lot more difficult for me to be at this forum. i was at the other one for five years at the high school level and for a few years at the collegiate level. i also frequent the springsteen board.

as a newbie, all you can do is provide energy to the board and suggestions to the mods. it’s difficult because I like to have strong opinions, and you've seen that with wojo. since i've been here, it's easier for me now, because i’m experienced at it. but when you’re posting, and every time a moderator pops into a thread and filters you, i have to, you know, scale back a little bit.

pretty incredible posting i gotta say.

now, serious question.
backstreets or the lake or both? or do you love one and look down on the other? off topic i know..

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
I like michigancat's prince'esque options.  shoot from the hip instead of settling for dogshit is what I always say.

Pew pew pew! Pew!

catzacker

« Reply #1494 on: March 28, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »
is there any way this isn't a dogsh*t hire?  I dunno.  No realistic name out there says anything to me other than "future loser".

I dunno.  Unds seems like the least sucky option.  Like, let's say we got the "lead" assistant or whatever from South Carolina after they just went the tourney 4/5 years and was part of an elite 8 run and helped establish South Carolina's gym as the Octogon of male genitals or something who was part of above average recruiting classes and he played at ksu (throw the tucks a bone). that would sound ok, wouldn't it?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1495 on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
now, serious question.

backstreets or the lake or both?

i only post at one springsteen forum and began several soft infested summers ago.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 28, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
is there any way this isn't a dogsh*t hire?  I dunno.  No realistic name out there says anything to me other than "future loser".

I dunno.  Unds seems like the least sucky option.  Like, let's say we got the "lead" assistant or whatever from South Carolina after they just went the tourney 4/5 years and was part of an elite 8 run and helped establish South Carolina's gym as the Octogon of male genitals or something who was part of above average recruiting classes and he played at ksu (throw the tucks a bone). that would sound ok, wouldn't it?

Not really. Lead assistant from Texas where they have underachieving awesome talent sounds about fifty times better when you put it that way.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »

Not when you just lost the head coach who did all those things

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 28, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »

This is great

catzacker

« Reply #1499 on: March 28, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »

Not really. Lead assistant from Texas where they have underachieving awesome talent sounds about fifty times better when you put it that way.

goddamn you.