Author Topic: Official NASCAR 2023 thread(people are still watching)  (Read 109811 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2021 thread(people are still watching)
« Reply #700 on: July 06, 2021, 10:47:31 AM »
Oh man, Saturday Night Thunder :love:

Got a few good ones in last night. The graphics are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 06, 2021, 10:53:31 AM »
They have the original commercials and everything. Didn’t realize until last night I could pause it. Note this is just a screenshot of the graphic, not a video*** Will get some awesome commercial video or Jeff Gordon mustache shots at some point, though..

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 06, 2021, 04:24:43 PM »
good ol' gen x nostalgia  :love:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 21, 2021, 01:42:05 PM »
Keselowski driver/ownership role in Roush. Will be interesting to follow.

Larson won the highest paying sprint car race of all time last weekend. Against the best sprint car drivers in the world.

Chase raced a midget in OK and was planning on being in Beloit last week, but got rained out.

Bowman running some 410 sprint stuff over the next few weeks.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 21, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
A damn good looking one at that.  :love: :love:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 21, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »
I saw Chase was at an airport in KS last week, but didn't know where. cool
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 21, 2021, 02:09:56 PM »

Raced in Meeker, OK Tuesday night. They drove up to Beloit to race Wednesday night, but got rained out. I believe he flew out the next day before the second night of the show at Solomon County Speedway Thursday.

Also, Matt DiBenedetto raced a midget in Garden City the weekend before last.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 22, 2021, 12:07:26 AM »

Raced in Meeker, OK Tuesday night. They drove up to Beloit to race Wednesday night, but got rained out. I believe he flew out the next day before the second night of the show at Solomon County Speedway Thursday.

Also, Matt DiBenedetto raced a midget in Garden City the weekend before last.

DiBenedetto needs a job

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 22, 2021, 08:52:21 AM »
I'll be p sad if he never gets that win.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 22, 2021, 10:24:20 AM »
I'll be p sad if he never gets that win.

That Bristol race in 2019....man

What an bad person Denny is.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 23, 2021, 08:35:09 AM »
About took a tumble last night. (yes, he saved this.. and ran up front in the feature)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 23, 2021, 06:20:43 PM »
Nice car

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 25, 2021, 12:09:30 PM »
C-Bell got a good win last night w/ the All Star circuit of champions in Kevin Swindell’s car.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 11, 2021, 09:17:39 AM »
Anyone ever been to the Knoxville Nationals? It's on my list for sure. Always hear good things.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 11, 2021, 09:34:00 AM »
I have not. Until recently, i thought it was in Kentucky. :blindfold:

Also semi-unrelated. Poor Jimmie has been having a rough go in IndyCar. I need to do more reading, but it appears he wrecks alot.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 11, 2021, 11:38:45 PM »
Anyone ever been to the Knoxville Nationals? It's on my list for sure. Always hear good things.

I live 90 minutes away and have never had the urge. I'm going to be honest, the current political climate, particularly people not willing to leave all of their signs and flags at home, makes going to small town tracks very uncomfortable for me. In the 90s and early aughts I used to go to dirt tracks all over Kansas and Missouri but people are just to hostile right now. That track where that dude said a bunch of stuff about "the colored people" was another track 90 minutes away from my house.

I was an hour away from Watkins Glen last Sunday, not doing a damn thing. I was going to go and take my son but u drove through there on Friday and I counted, saw 11 confederate flags, IN NEW YORK!!! 6 thin blue line flags, and I didn't even bother counting the scores trump flags and signs.

I really don't care who votes for who, shooter you've made the rare post at the pit, I know how you lean and we're cool. However all that visible propaganda and now open hostile language, is prevalent at and around a lot of tracks and it isn't welcoming..

Sorry for the rant.

One more thing, the coolest part of the Knoxville Nationals is a couple of days before it starts they always have a charity event at a local go cart track called Slideways, and they always get the biggest NASCAR starts of the time not named Busch or Harvick, guess they are too good for it, and race the go carts.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 11, 2021, 11:40:30 PM »
I have not. Until recently, i thought it was in Kentucky. :blindfold:

Also semi-unrelated. Poor Jimmie has been having a rough go in IndyCar. I need to do more reading, but it appears he wrecks alot.

Either his equipment is awful or he's a bad driver or both because he's frequently out very early. I know why he decided not to race ovals but he's been awful on these circuits.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 12, 2021, 04:13:33 PM »

I live 90 minutes away and have never had the urge. I'm going to be honest, the current political climate, particularly people not willing to leave all of their signs and flags at home, makes going to small town tracks very uncomfortable for me. In the 90s and early aughts I used to go to dirt tracks all over Kansas and Missouri but people are just to hostile right now. That track where that dude said a bunch of stuff about "the colored people" was another track 90 minutes away from my house.

I was an hour away from Watkins Glen last Sunday, not doing a damn thing. I was going to go and take my son but u drove through there on Friday and I counted, saw 11 confederate flags, IN NEW YORK!!! 6 thin blue line flags, and I didn't even bother counting the scores trump flags and signs.

I really don't care who votes for who, shooter you've made the rare post at the pit, I know how you lean and we're cool. However all that visible propaganda and now open hostile language, is prevalent at and around a lot of tracks and it isn't welcoming..

Sorry for the rant.

One more thing, the coolest part of the Knoxville Nationals is a couple of days before it starts they always have a charity event at a local go cart track called Slideways, and they always get the biggest NASCAR starts of the time not named Busch or Harvick, guess they are too good for it, and race the go carts.

You've got nothing to apologize for, man. It's noticeable at every single track and it's terrible. I hate that for you.

Being in the pits and at haulers for bigger races, 99% of those involved are really good people (which is still shitty, cause just 1 person can ruin it all, but still). Literally, the more expensive the racing, the better the people are that are involved. They're typically just better, well traveled, well versed people. You get the more "economical" classes of racing going, and the percentage of "good" people involved drops significantly.

Now, no matter the series or level of racing, you cross that gate into the grandstands and the number of garbage humans goes way up, and it's even worse at small town tracks that run full body classes that just bounce off each other like a damn rolling demo derby. It's embarrassing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 07, 2021, 09:16:49 AM »
Not sure if y'all follow it, but rumor is they're going to jam the numbers as far forward on the cars starting in 22. Talking all the way in front of the A post just off the front tire. The twitter reactions have been pretty funny to follow.

I will say there's a space forward it looks fine, but these will take some getting used to if accurate (the Kurt Busch to 2311 release got people talking)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 14, 2021, 04:36:32 PM »
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 14, 2021, 08:36:19 PM »
Nope

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 07, 2021, 06:38:22 PM »
Honestly might be the best season in the history of racing (at the highest levels).

Insane.

https://twitter.com/walkapedia_/status/1457502924309925889

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 11, 2022, 10:00:20 AM »
Chase Elliott, Alex Bowman, Ricky Stenhouse, Kyle Larson, Chase Briscoe, Kasey Kahne, and Christopher Bell all running the Chili Bowl this week.

Kyle Busch wanted to but I think Samantha got pissed that she had already planned a family trip to Disney World this week or something.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2022 thread(people are still watching)
« Reply #724 on: January 11, 2022, 09:30:29 PM »
Nice to have some racing content on the twitter again
- chunkles