Author Topic: Why do K-State fans hate Bob Knight?  (Read 31923 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why do K-State fans hate Bob Knight?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 04:56:39 PM »
Earth to bmw just because this is a new board doesn't mean that you get to revert to your horrible first 3 ksufans accounts.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
Ben really has slid lately.

Lately? He's been crap for brains since the start of Big XII play last football season.

There really isn't any dispute.  The "ku's second team..." post was the beginning of the end.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
"They should say THANK YOU!, THANK YOU!"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
2 more questions:

Why are KSU fans also trying to get Mussie out and why the devious plan of waiting 3 weeks after these 2 called a KSU game to spring this?

So very crafty... :facepalm:

Offline EMAW4LIFE

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 05:07:33 PM »
Dont forget the GOOD EFFORT! GOOD EFFORT!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
Looking back the "Over-Rated" chant for Texas was pretty accurate.   :dunno: :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 05:09:40 PM »

Knight was actually way off, it appears UT was actually quite overrrated at the time. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »

Knight was actually way off, it appears UT was actually quite overrrated at the time. 

dammit cartier....

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
I won't deny that Kietzman has an unparalleled ability to get under the skin of "Tardville," 'Pad, but the K-State hate for Bob Knight is kind of a cultural phenomenon. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 05:51:07 PM »
bobby knight is the best in the biz, behind gotts.  sorry haters, sad but true factoid.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Another reason to hate Bob Knight....

I closed down pheasant season in Dodge City and he hunted on the same land we hunted the prior week.  I was cleaning birds with the landowner and he told me Bob Knight shoots hens on purpose.  He said, that he questioned Knight when he finished the field (caring 4 hens in his vest) asking him, "why are you shooting hens on my property on the last week of the season?"  Bob's answer, "I am color blind" and walked away from him.   The guy said it took everything in him not to punch the old man.

Anybody that is a bird hunter knows what an absolute dick move this is....Frank you Bob.

BMW you are way off on this....Knight sucks balls.

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • Worst Non-KSU grad school KU poster on goEMAW.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
Hey 42,

I think its time for you and I to migrate to the new secret KSU bbs.
Message Board Samurai

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
what the hell kind of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) thread premise is this?  he's hated because he's a poor announcer and he does all the big 12 big monday games.

any random idiot should be able to figure that out.

this

i clearly remember a thread over on goemawcopycat.com a few months ago where about 90% of people loved the change to knight and musberger and myself and maybe one other person hated it. i'd go retrieve it but i've been banned and don't care enough to get around it. glad to see everyone finally coming around. your welcome. :clack:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
I won't deny that Kietzman has an unparalleled ability to get under the skin of "Tardville," 'Pad, but the K-State hate for Bob Knight is kind of a cultural phenomenon. 

I wouldn't say that it's a "cultural phenomenon," it's mainly just some angry 'Cat fans that just hate listening to such garbage commentary from a Big 12 announcer. I, for one, couldn't care less about Knight's comments during the K-State/Texas game, I just hate listening to him constantly ramble and contradict himself during games. If anything, Knight's comments embarrassed himself more than they embarrassed our student section. Who the f*ck chants "THANK YOU, THANK YOU" or "GOOD EFFORT, GOOD EFFORT" anyways?

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »

I wouldn't say that it's a "cultural phenomenon," it's mainly just some angry 'Cat fans that just hate listening to such garbage commentary from a Big 12 announcer. I, for one, couldn't care less about Knight's comments during the K-State/Texas game, I just hate listening to him constantly ramble and contradict himself during games. If anything, Knight's comments embarrassed himself more than they embarrassed our student section. Who the f*ck chants "THANK YOU, THANK YOU" or "GOOD EFFORT, GOOD EFFORT" anyways?

elite ass fans who have been there before, and enjoy a great bball game...fwiw

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
So you guys pretty much hate Knight because of his comments during the K-State/Texas game?  It's cool to just admit it. 

what'd he say?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
Less we forget, we get Brent n' Bobby for 5 of the conference tourney games...... :barf:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »
Kietz's being stuck in BMW's kitchen banging pots and pans must be why he hasn't heard the entire 810 crew rip Knight to pieces.

i personally don't like him because I'm jealous of his son, Michael Knight's, awesome car.    :driving:

Offline bleedpurple

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
Because this is what Bobby said last night, and this is not a direct quote, paraphrasing, "I don't think there is home court advantage. I don't think it effects the home team, and I don't think it effects the visiting team too much either. But if I had to say, I think it's harder on the visiting team." WTF does that mean? Everything that comes out of his mouth is like this. He treats everyone watching like theyre 5 years old and have never watched basketball. He's like John Madden in a sense. I want to know something that only elite bball minds would know, not what my 2 year old nephew already knows...Good Lord.

And I don't think it is correct to blame officiating as the reason teams lose to KU because that isn't accurate, what is accurate is that most borderline calls and BS phantom calls go KU's way, you get the calls, and if you can't see that then you're blind. You're no different than UNC and Duke. I've talked to many KU fans who admit they get the calls and admit that you've gotta play the refs a little bit when playing their team.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »

I closed down pheasant season in Dodge City and he hunted on the same land we hunted the prior week.  I was cleaning birds with the landowner and he told me Bob Knight shoots hens on purpose.  He said, that he questioned Knight when he finished the field (caring 4 hens in his vest) asking him, "why are you shooting hens on my property on the last week of the season?"  Bob's answer, "I am color blind" and walked away from him.   The guy said it took everything in him not to punch the old man.

Anybody that is a bird hunter knows what an absolute dick move this is....Frank you Bob.

If this is true BOB KINGHT IS A CRIMINAL.

Shooting a hen has nothing to do with "color blindness"

Bob Knight = upland bird poacher

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »

If this is true BOB KINGHT IS A CRIMINAL.

Shooting a hen has nothing to do with "color blindness"

Bob Knight = upland bird poacher

He probably shoots waterfowl with lead shot.  Douche move Bob.  :nono:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
Knight is a well known douchebag when it comes to hunting.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »
Do we have the ignore feature yet? :dunno:  gawd this guy is a total dbag. :blank:  yeah, he really got me...... :bait:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

The42Yardstick

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
Bobby was dece in the studio, but he's clearly not fit to put on the headset. Truckloads of unintentional comedy with him and Musberger together tho.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:14 PM »
Bobby was dece in the studio, but he's clearly not fit to put on the headset. Truckloads of unintentional comedy with him and Musberger together tho.

True.  Not bad during tourney, courtside though is kind of WTF?