Author Topic: Jordy Nelson/Super Bowl Thread  (Read 19410 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Jordy Nelson/Super Bowl Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 12:52:58 PM »
jfc, i hate you people.  i've been arguing with my shirt tuck gpa for the past hour about how LHC Bill Snyder had nothing to do with jordy nelson being good at football.  same cac here.   :dubious:

didn't he move jordy from db to wr?

:dunno:

Yes, and he had a better 2005 season (8 TDs) than he did in 2006 (1 TD) for Prince.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jordy-nelson-1.html

you conveniently left out 2007 (under prince) when he had a monster year and ended up getting drafted because of it.  Without 2007's 122 receptions/1600 yds/11tds, Jordy is working at mcdonalds in junction city.  OB had nothing to do with Jordy Nelson's career, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

pftt...He'd be on a farm somewhere.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
jfc, i hate you people.  i've been arguing with my shirt tuck gpa for the past hour about how LHC Bill Snyder had nothing to do with jordy nelson being good at football.  same cac here.   :dubious:

Yes, and he had a better 2005 season (8 TDs) than he did in 2006 (1 TD) for Prince.  OK Cat is just a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  No getting around it.

Wasn't Nelson injured for all but 2 games of that season?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »
jfc, i hate you people.  i've been arguing with my shirt tuck gpa for the past hour about how LHC Bill Snyder had nothing to do with jordy nelson being good at football.  same cac here.   :dubious:

Yes, and he had a better 2005 season (8 TDs) than he did in 2006 (1 TD) for Prince.

you conveniently left out 2007 (under prince) when he had a monster year and ended up getting drafted because of it.  Without 2007's 122 receptions/1600 yds/11tds, Jordy is working at mcdonalds in junction city.  OB had nothing to do with Jordy Nelson's career, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Of course he had a monster year in 2007!  That goes without saying, moron.  The notion that he would have had that kind of a senior year without the coaching and experience he had in the previous years (and Snyder moving from DB to WR) is completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  And yes, Prince deserves a lot of credit as well.  I mean, unless you think Nelson was capable of a 1600 yard season in 2005 and Snyder's coaching is what held him back, you have no basis to claim "Snyder had nothing to do with Jordy Nelson being good at football."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »
Just to make sure we're all on the same page:

Jordy Nelson (go cats) had a good game last night.  Not the best game in NFL history, but not the worst.  Dropped passes that he shouldn't have, caught some good ones.

Jordy Nelson (go cats) was never going to be the MVP last night.  Untuck your shirt and realize that Aaron Rodgers is really, really good.

Jordy Nelson (go cats) is a walk-on from a podunk farm town in Kansas.  He was at the right place at the right time and got thrown into Ron Prince's "Let Josh throw the ball a lot" offense.  That, and only that, is why he's in the NFL. 

Jordy Nelson (go cats) is a nice receiver.  He'll always be a 3rd or 4th guy on a team, and he might occassionally have a big game like last night.  Nothing more, nothing less.

To argue with any of that just makes you look stupid. 

/end thread (go cats)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
Well Snyder's QB recruitment probably would have held him back.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2011, 01:15:25 PM »

Jordy Nelson (go cats) was never going to be the MVP last night.  Untuck your shirt and realize that Aaron Rodgers is really, really good.

Why did Deion Branch win MVP and not Tom Brady? 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »

www.gopowercat.com

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Well Snyder's QB recruitment probably would have held him back.

I dunno, Alen Evridge and Kevin Lopina could rough ridin' sling it. Just look at what they did when Prince unfairly didn't give them more reps than Freeman.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »

www.gopowercat.com

Let me get this straight.  You think that if Nelson had caught every pass thrown his way and broke the super bowl record for catches in a game, he still would have no shot at MVP.  OK, whatever.  You realize that Brady was really, really, good too, right?

:drink:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
ok, "deez nutz."  guess you told me

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
Ok_cat is a really cool guy
EMAW

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
ok, "deez nutz."  guess you told me

No charge this time.   :blank:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
Dudes, Jordy was a senior in high school when I was a freshmen. Even though they were 3A we played Riley in some basketball tourney that year. I was the only freshman on varsity but I got my first real minutes that game. My first play in Riley is inbounding under their goal, and I'm playing defense under the goal. Jordy comes up from behind me and catches a lob pass over my head, puts his nuts on my shoulder and alley oop dunks it on my terrified freshmen face. True story. Sometimes I wonder if he'd remember.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »
Dudes, Jordy was a senior in high school when I was a freshmen. Even though they were 3A we played Riley in some basketball tourney that year. I was the only freshman on varsity but I got my first real minutes that game. My first play in Riley is inbounding under their goal, and I'm playing defense under the goal. Jordy comes up from behind me and catches a lob pass over my head, puts his nuts on my shoulder and alley oop dunks it on my terrified freshmen face. True story. Sometimes I wonder if he'd remember.

according to deez nutz (heh), you were a couple of dropped balls from having the super bowl mvp's balls on your shoulder.  'grats, benja.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

Jordy Nelson (go cats) had a good game last night.  Not the best game in NFL history, but not the worst.  Dropped passes that he shouldn't have, caught some good ones.

Jordy Nelson (go cats) is a walk-on from a podunk farm town in Kansas.  He was at the right place at the right time and got thrown into Ron Prince's "Let Josh throw the ball a lot" offense.  That, and only that, is why he's in the NFL. 

Jordy Nelson (go cats) is a nice receiver.  He'll always be a 3rd or 4th guy on a team, and he might occassionally have a big game like last night.  Nothing more, nothing less.

To argue with any of that just makes you look stupid. 

/end thread (go cats)

Even if Jordy catches those gimme passes, and gets the second TD (which was not a gimme), he would at least have been in the discussion for MVP.  However that would have also padded Rodgers' stats with more completions, receiving yards, and another TD.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »

i won't argue any of that. i just want to know how in the world you can say LHC Bill Snyder had nothing to do with jordy being good at football? he rough ridin' switched him to the position. the dude caught TD's from dylan meier (rip) and allen webb for like 7 consecutive games.

i want snyder out asap, but don't be a dumbass.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »

i would imagine that a guy who starts and has started for any nfl team (not just super bowl champs) would have some other talent than ron prince telling freemaw to throw it a bunch.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »

i would imagine that a guy who starts and has started for any nfl team (not just super bowl champs) would have some other talent than ron prince telling freemaw to throw it a bunch.

Yeah, those NFL scouts that get paid millions? They only evaluate footage from college games. They never have the players work out for them or test their jumping/catching/speed/etc.etc.etc.etc.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »

Yeah, those NFL scouts that get paid millions? They only evaluate footage from college games. They never have the players work out for them or test their jumping/catching/speed/etc.etc.etc.etc.

How many scouts make millions?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.