Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538605 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »
for me i think it's going to be one of those deals where i just keep it plugged into my laptop via usb when i'm working bbs'ing at my desk and keep it charged that way. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »
for me i think it's going to be one of those deals where i just keep it plugged into my laptop via usb when i'm working bbs'ing at my desk and keep it charged that way. 

Yeah, not going to be an issue.  I'm at a computer 97% of the day.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
charging mine as we speak.  I was able to use it all morning making calls, taking pics, and playing with it a bit on just a partial charge (1bar)

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2010, 10:45:26 AM »
Respect to the Evo owners.  cant upgrade now, so i'm very envious of ya'll
[

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »
Been using the phone off the charge for the last 7 1/2 hours.  Moderate usage.  Still have 80% battery.  :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »
_FAN, on Verizon, why do I need a HTC Incredible over an LG Ally?  From my analysis, which consisted of me looking at them and deciding which would be less difficult to get used to carting around compared to my tiny razor phone, the Ally is the one for me.  :dunno: :combofan:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »
Anyone know anything about the Droid 2 and/or Shadow?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2010, 09:10:46 PM »
_FAN, on Verizon, why do I need a HTC Incredible over an LG Ally?  From my analysis, which consisted of me looking at them and deciding which would be less difficult to get used to carting around compared to my tiny razor phone, the Ally is the one for me.  :dunno: :combofan:

Ally is prob easier to use, but you can do much more and faster with the Incredible.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
Been using the phone off the charge for the last 7 1/2 hours.  Moderate usage.  Still have 80% battery.  :dunno:
good report as always "steve dave"

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:05 PM »
Ok elite cell phonerz.  I am now torn between the EVO and iPhone 4.  What should I do?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »
Ok elite cell phonerz.  I am now torn between the EVO and iPhone 4.  What should I do?
what area do you live in?  what do you use your phone for?

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »
I Live in KC.  Right now I mainly use my phone for calls and texting but I am definitely intrigued by all of the different new features of the two phones.  Which one has better apps and does AT&T or Sprint have better plans?

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

:excited:

i forgot the conference was today just got done reading about it on engadget. i have a 3G one but the 4 is tempting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2010, 12:21:37 AM »
Ally is prob easier to use

:love:

but you can do much more and faster with the Incredible.

Like what?  Sell me.  I know everyone raves about the Incredible and how it's unquestionably the best Verizon phone, but I never see any practical examples.  "Snapdragon processor" doesn't mean anything to me. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »
Ally is prob easier to use

:love:

but you can do much more and faster with the Incredible.

Like what?  Sell me.  I know everyone raves about the Incredible and how it's unquestionably the best Verizon phone, but I never see any practical examples.  "Snapdragon processor" doesn't mean anything to me. 

Snapdragon is the current Denis Clemente of cell phone processors

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
Snapdragon is the current Denis Clemente of cell phone processors

See, I don't really get what a processor does for me in terms of a cell phone, but I completely get what Clemente does for us.  All I could see was that size-wise, the Incredible was Colon and the Ally was Sutton.  If I could find a Clemente-size elite phone, that'd be great.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »
Yeah, if you just want to text and talk to people and it's important that it is small you could probably make do with that Martavious Irving phone. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2010, 09:11:47 AM »
that Martavious Irving phone. 

:eek:

:curse:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2010, 11:20:53 AM »
I Live in KC.  Right now I mainly use my phone for calls and texting but I am definitely intrigued by all of the different new features of the two phones.  Which one has better apps and does AT&T or Sprint have better plans?
Sprint's plans are a lot cheaper than ATT's.  i would tell you to go take a look at the EVO - it has more features than the new iPhone including the 4G network that Sprint just launched in KC.  if it's too big, or maybe not as easy to use as the iPhone is, then you should consider going the iPhone route.  Apple has done a great job of integrating the iPhone into people's lives and making it super easy to use.  Android is getting better but you have to spend a little time learning how to use it and how to make it work for you.  Once you get over the learning curve, I think that Android offers more, so it's a bit of a tradeoff.

Either phone is really cool, so you can't go wrong.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »
For Apps I think both are about equal- but with Android you don't have iTunes marketplace to help weed out all the stupid crap that exists in the Android market so you have to do the work to find the good ones.   As Android continues to grow, the system will become more refined and it will be easier to find what you're looking for, also more applications will be available for both OS.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »
I never see people using Android phones as mp3 players (like you see for iphones all the time).  It probably just goes back to the "ease of use" thing, but may be something to consider.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
I never see people using Android phones as mp3 players (like you see for iphones all the time).  It probably just goes back to the "ease of use" thing, but may be something to consider.

I'm listening to one of my Pandora stations on mine right now :headphonesguy: or :emawheadphoneskid:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »
ya it's just the ease of use that i mentioned.  it's easy to drag a folder of songs onto a SD card, but without itunes syncing for you, people get lost.  like with the EVO, the 4.3" screen is huge and you can load movies, television shows, etc onto it for flights/airports.  the memory is expandable to 64GB :lol: 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
Sprint's plans are a lot cheaper than ATT's.  i would tell you to go take a look at the EVO - it has more features than the new iPhone including the 4G network that Sprint just launched in KC.  if it's too big, or maybe not as easy to use as the iPhone is, then you should consider going the iPhone route.  Apple has done a great job of integrating the iPhone into people's lives and making it super easy to use.  Android is getting better but you have to spend a little time learning how to use it and how to make it work for you.  Once you get over the learning curve, I think that Android offers more, so it's a bit of a tradeoff.

Either phone is really cool, so you can't go wrong.
the Sprint plan i'm referring to is the $69.99 everything data plan, with the EVO you have to pay an additional $10 a month.  that's unlimited 3G/4G data, unlimited text, unlimted mobile to mobile calling, unlimited nights/weekends (starting at 7pm, not 9pm like ATT), and 400 non-night/weekend to landline minutes.

ATT can't come close to that plan.