Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538658 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 08:55:27 AM »
guys-

i know who's going to win the world series this year. i'll tell you in november.  :flush:

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »
Pissclams, so far no update and I'm hearing rumblings of another delay on the 2.1....

Any insight?
[

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
i'll try to find out

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
it's been delayed

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
 :bawl:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2010, 11:22:51 AM »
Pissclams, so far no update and I'm hearing rumblings of another delay on the 2.1....

Any insight?

Don't get that excited about 2.1, that's all I'm gonna say.

:users:

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
Same ol' Same ol'  :bang:
[

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
However, the Sprint Hero's are getting an upgrade in the android software soon (I think by the end of May) that is supposed to really reduce the lag and improve the phone's performance.

Android 2.1 for Hero should be available tomorrow.

hey couple q's:

1)  am worried about low wave EMF, what is the best bluetooth to not look like a douche?
_FAN is pretty much right.  if i were going to get some bluetooth headphones i would go with something like these that i can use when working out too.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/s9/ 

2)  my mom and step-dad want a droid or iphone.  which is most old people friendly.  they have been talking about this forever, it is like a visionquest for them.  they are both retired and have a kindle and aren't complete retards, but are still partially Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
they should go into the store and play with them both.

_FAN you know that the EVO has a higher rated battery than the Incred right? 
Is the 8GB of Incred internal memory on a microSD card? 

Got those headphones for Christmas.  Work very well. Have never used them to make calls though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »
June 4th release date.  $199 price.   $10 upcharge for 4G, $30 upcharge for mobile wifi hotspot.  Everything data plan still @ $69.99. 

Boom you're roasted.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »
June 4th release date.  $199 price.   $10 upcharge for 4G, $30 upcharge for mobile wifi hotspot.  Everything data plan still @ $69.99. 

Boom you're roasted.

sweet.

was worried the plan would get gouged for 4g.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2010, 07:00:02 PM »
only thing is that in MI the only place that has 4G is Grand Rapids.  but I think Sprint is charging the extra $10 regardless of whether or not you're in a 4G coverage area.

$69 for Everything Data plan + $10 4G upcharge still = far less than VZN or ATT but still it seems kinda lame to charge the $10 to the hayseeds that aren't in 4G areas.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »
only thing is that in MI the only place that has 4G is Grand Rapids.  but I think Sprint is charging the extra $10 regardless of whether or not you're in a 4G coverage area.

$69 for Everything Data plan + $10 4G upcharge still = far less than VZN or ATT but still it seems kinda lame to charge the $10 to the hayseeds that aren't in 4G areas.
:frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »

sorry hayseed.  i might have misread the release but DO NOT think i have.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »
hd video.  :fatty:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-nexus-one-and-droid-face-off-on-the-charted-field-o/

How much will this cost me, Sprinters?

I think the cost of the device will be subsidized ($200 or so after rebate w/contract etc) but don't expect the $70/mo. plans to apply; if you have one of those dual mode air cards for instance, monthly recurring charges are more to use 4g (where available).  sprint employee btw

clams called me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) on this LOL

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2010, 08:01:47 PM »

Oh, so hicks have to pay for a 4g plan?  :frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »
hd video.  :fatty:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-nexus-one-and-droid-face-off-on-the-charted-field-o/

How much will this cost me, Sprinters?

I think the cost of the device will be subsidized ($200 or so after rebate w/contract etc) but don't expect the $70/mo. plans to apply; if you have one of those dual mode air cards for instance, monthly recurring charges are more to use 4g (where available).  sprint employee btw

clams called me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) on this LOL
i didn't call you a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) b/c of your post, olathe hayseed.

Oh, so hicks have to pay for a 4g plan?  :frown:
nope, hayseeds have to pay $10 extra to carry the EVO 4G

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 12:15:04 PM »
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/12/sprints-htc-evo-4g-put-through-its-bandwidth-sucking-paces/

Was just going to post this.

My god, what a ridiculously awesome phone. LOL at the YouTube side-by-side with the iPhone 3G.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
it's big.  i don't know how much i'm going to like jamming the thing into my pocket when i'm out and about.  that's what she said.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »
it's big.  i don't know how much i'm going to like jamming the thing into my pocket when i'm out and about.  that's what she said.

I think this is legit.  The Incredible is pretty big 3.7, I bet the EVO will seem enormous at 4.3. 

But that said, it does look like a really great phone. 

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
This might be the phone that makes me ditch my $30 SERO plan.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »

I think this is legit.  The Incredible is pretty big 3.7, I bet the EVO will seem enormous at 4.3. 

My touch pro 2 is 3.8 and is pretty thick with the slide out keyboard. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even notice a thinner 4.3".

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »

My touch pro 2 is 3.8 and is pretty thick with the slide out keyboard. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even notice a thinner 4.3".

EVO is nearly a 1/4" wider, but quite a bit thinner; being thinner does make it seem a lot less bulky.  I used to have a Touch Pro with extended battery, seemed a lot more bulky than my Incredible.

And the Droid OS is great.  Wasn't sure how I'd like it compared to WinMo, but now I'll never go back to that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
Ya its launching with 2.1

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »

I was worried about this too, so I literally walked around and got up and down from chairs and stuff with the Evo in my pocket, and it wasn't bad at all actually. I think the thinness makes up for the area.