Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546001 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #1551 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »
About to upgrade my TMobile phone.  Tried to persuade the company to change from TMobile, but no luck, so I am upgrading to a better phone.  Looking into the My Touch or the Galazy S II.

Thoughts? 

Any better option coming out to wait for?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 13, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
I am still undecided between the Evo 4g LTE and the GS III. Really need MIR to replace his Trim karate chopped phone with one of these to help make my decision.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
About to upgrade my TMobile phone.  Tried to persuade the company to change from TMobile, but no luck, so I am upgrading to a better phone.  Looking into the My Touch or the Galazy S II.

Thoughts? 

Well, you can wait for the GSIII that is coming out later this month.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 13, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »

Thoughts? 

The HTC One S is better than both of those. And the GSIII is coming out within the month.

http://galaxy-s.t-mobile.com/samsung-galaxy-s3

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 13, 2012, 02:23:52 PM »

Thoughts? 

The HTC One S is better than both of those. And the GSIII is coming out within the month.

Anyone know what the price point will be on the gs III?  I can certainly wait a week if it will work.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 13, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »

Thoughts? 

What makes you say the One S is better?  It has a 4 star review on Tmobile website where the GS II has a 5 star review.  I am open to either.  What do you like about it better?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »

Thoughts? 

Anyone know what the price point will be on the gs III?  I can certainly wait a week if it will work.
199.99 I imagine.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 13, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
Right now the GS II is more than that. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 13, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »
Well at sprint the 16gb one is 199.99 and the 32gb one (the one I preordered) is 249.99.  I imagine the carriers will have similar price points.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: June 13, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
it's $199

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 13, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
What makes you say the One S is better?  It has a 4 star review on Tmobile website where the GS II has a 5 star review.  I am open to either.  What do you like about it better?

Faster Processor, higher pixel density, superior design. I suppose Sense (HTC's skin on top of android) would be considered worse than Touchwiz (Samsung's skin), but the Galaxy S II is a whole year older than the One S, and the hardware shows it.

And like everyone else said, I'm pretty sure the GSIII was announced for all of the US carriers at $199 for 16 Gigs of flash storage.

If want to read a good review of the One S (or any smartphone, really) head on over to http://www.theverge.com/. In my opinion, they have the best Tech News/Reviews.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #1562 on: June 13, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »

Faster Processor, higher pixel density, superior design. I suppose Sense (HTC's skin on top of android) would be considered worse than Touchwiz (Samsung's skin), but the Galaxy S II is a whole year older than the One S, and the hardware shows it.

And like everyone else said, I'm pretty sure the GSIII was announced for all of the US carriers at $199 for 16 Gigs of flash storage.

If want to read a good review of the One S (or any smartphone, really) head on over to http://www.theverge.com/. In my opinion, they have the best Tech News/Reviews.
If he were going with htc, why would he not get the one x?

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 13, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
Because t-mobile doesn't carry the One X. I'm assuming he'd want to use his upgrade.

If he were buying off contract or from ATT, I would definitely suggest the One X.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 13, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »
Because t-mobile doesn't carry the One X. I'm assuming he'd want to use his upgrade.

If he were buying off contract or from ATT, I would definitely suggest the One X.
Oh, I figured all carriers had a version of the one x.  I still would wait a week and get the gs3.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 13, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »

Oh, I figured all carriers had a version of the one x.  I still would wait a week and get the gs3.

the One S is a flavor of One X.   As the EVO LTE is a more customized flavor of One X.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »
the One S is a flavor of One X.   As the EVO LTE is a more customized flavor of One X.

no, denied. yes, confirmed.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 13, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
the One S is a flavor of One X.   As the EVO LTE is a more customized flavor of One X.

They certainly are related.  The One S is the Ford Fusion to the One X's Cadillac CTS.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 14, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »

They certainly are related.  The One S is the Ford Fusion to the One X's Cadillac CTS.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. HTC sells them as different phones. Would you also call the HTC One V a flavour of the one X?

I would agree that they are certainly related... but I don't get your car comparison at all. Both are high end devices.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 17, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
I am still undecided between the Evo 4g LTE and the GS III. Really need MIR to replace his Trim karate chopped phone with one of these to help make my decision.

So I'm going on day 4 of the EVO LTE and I love it.  It's like the EVO but everything is better.  Faster, lighter, and more vivid colors.  Also go with the Google Chrome browser, its much better than Dolphin, Opera, or Miren was on the EVO 4G.  I have a big FYI but I'm going to put it in a separate post because its important.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 17, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »
So you people who are buying phones need to get them from best buy.  First of all they give a $50 dollar gift card to best buy which you can spend on the phone or save it for something else.
They offered to replace my protection plan with Sprint.  This is significant because its the same price as the Sprint plan but with the Best Buy  plan there is no deductable  if damages occour.and they will give you a free battery if needed.  I also paid  $30 to guarantee that Best Buy will buy any cell.phone for a minimum of $140.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 17, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 17, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »
So you people who are buying phones need to get them from best buy.  First of all they give a $50 dollar gift card to best buy which you can spend on the phone or save it for something else.
They offered to replace my protection plan with Sprint.  This is significant because its the same price as the Sprint plan but with the Best Buy  plan there is no deductable  if damages occour.and they will give you a free battery if needed.  I also paid  $30 to guarantee that Best Buy will buy any cell.phone for a minimum of $140.

I doubt they cover as much Sprint does. I looked into this a couple years ago. Sprint will cover water damage, theft, and even now bricking your phone to a certain extent. Best Buy covered nothing. Let me know if that has changed. Also, good to know on the phone. I'll probably pick it up in a couple months.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 17, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »

I doubt they cover as much Sprint does. I looked into this a couple years ago. Sprint will cover water damage, theft, and even now bricking your phone to a certain extent. Best Buy covered nothing. Let me know if that has changed. Also, good to know on the phone. I'll probably pick it up in a couple months.

how do you water damage a phone so badly that putting it in a container of rice doesn't solve the problem?  I dropped my EVO in a sink once and my daughter threw my old Pre in a glass of water and I was able to recover both.  I'm not the even slightest bit interested in doing anything that can brick the phone.  If you're a noob user like me the Best Buy warranty is fine.  My biggest concern is a bro chopping it out of my hand.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 17, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
ew, if you want, I'll get superpak'd and roll over to a Best Buy with you while wielding the BBBS bowling pin troph and we can get some deets on exactly what kind of damage will be covered.