Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546100 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #1350 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:37 AM »
Just got evo really sad the sprint guy didn't sell me harder on it last year when I bought the samsung.

Evo 3d? And what samsung did you get last year?

Yeah, I had the epic which I really liked but the processor on the evo is much better.camera is better as well.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 07, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
boss told me he's hedging on letting me upgrade my phone because Sprint is now requiring a 2 year contract.   Anyone heard this, and suggestions for getting them to agree to a 1 year?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
Not sure if they have 1 yr contracts.  I know they did away with the (smaller) discount after one year.  Sorry bastards.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
My EVO has been great but I'm getting an iphone this week.  my battery is old balls (not the phone's fault) and I burn through it after 2 hours of bar twitter.  Am going to need something new before vegas and cannot reason buying a new battery. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 07, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
My EVO has been great but I'm getting an iphone this week.  my battery is old balls (not the phone's fault) and I burn through it after 2 hours of bar twitter.  Am going to need something new before vegas and cannot reason buying a new battery. 

Welcome steve dave, if you need anything with your wonderful new device feel free to ask. :D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »
I'm giving the sprint guy an opportunity to talk me out of it in favor of another device.  not a done deal yet. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:25 PM »

I'm the same way.  My cheap chinese extended battery is starting to swell, and my EVO is spontaneously rebooting about 3 times a weel.   Leaning towards a Galaxy II assuming I stay with Sprint.    My boss has a wierd thing about long term contracts and paying for software maintenance agreements....he just hates doing it, even though you can't avoid it.   Hate the iPhone though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 07, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
you have a bad experience with an iphone mikey?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »

I'm pretty tech savvy, but a couple of friends have asked for my help in setting up things on their iPhones, and for whatever reason, the way an iPhone is operated and laid out is just counterintuitive to how my brain works apparently.   I've got a heavily rooted and tweaked EVO, and half the time I can't even navigate a fuckign iPhone.   The hardware is pretty good, but the GUI just fucks with my head.   :facepalm:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
I would consider an iphone but I really don't want a screen smaller than my Evo. Galaxy Nexus is what I really really want.

How do you guys have such bad battery life with the Evo? Ever since I upgraded to Gingerbread, I've never had my battery die on me with pretty heavy use. Before Gingerbread was pretty sucky.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 07, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »

I'm pretty tech savvy, but a couple of friends have asked for my help in setting up things on their iPhones, and for whatever reason, the way an iPhone is operated and laid out is just counterintuitive to how my brain works apparently.   I've got a heavily rooted and tweaked EVO, and half the time I can't even navigate a fuckign iPhone.   The hardware is pretty good, but the GUI just fucks with my head.   :facepalm:

What rom are you running on your Evo?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 07, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »
I would love nothing more than a smaller phone/screen.  the only thing I didn't like about my evo was the enormous size. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 07, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

What rom are you running on your Evo?

Swagged Out Stock.   Used to run Cyanogen but got tired of it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 07, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »
I would love nothing more than a smaller phone/screen.  the only thing I didn't like about my evo was the enormous size. 

sd, iPhone is good. I like mine a lot and don't miss android at all really.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »

see, I need the size.   Trying to read a blueprint on anything smaller after having the EVO would kill me.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 07, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »

I'm guessing you'd like the iphone then.

Also, I will miss my kick stand whenever I move on. I surprisingly use it often.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »

I'm guessing you'd like the iphone then.

Also, I will miss my kick stand whenever I move on. I surprisingly use it often.

man, anytime we need to entertain the kid with Netflix or Youtube, the kickstand comes in handy.   

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 07, 2012, 09:02:36 PM »

see, I need the size.   Trying to read a blueprint on anything smaller after having the EVO would kill me.

What do you do for a living?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 07, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »

What do you do for a living?

contractor

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 07, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »
Do your architects use Revit on any projects? Have you tried Autodesk Design Review yet?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 07, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »
Do your architects use Revit on any projects? Have you tried Autodesk Design Review yet?

have one that has done 1 project with it I've worked on, though it wasn't really implemented to it's best use.    Haven't tried it, no.

I'm still not sold on BIM.   The day I get a set of plans with the correct dimensions everywhere I may start believing.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
BIM has the tools to do a great project. It's not fool proof though. Idiots can still mess it up. A DWF from Revit can do all sheets, views, and the 3d model though. Pretty snazzy.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »
BIM has the tools to do a great project. It's not fool proof though. Idiots can still mess it up. A DWF from Revit can do all sheets, views, and the 3d model though. Pretty snazzy.

Yeah, Revit has a lot of promise, especially in coordinating trades.    You drive a pencil, right?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »
Yes. For better or worse.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 07, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
Yes. For better or worse.

as an estimator, I'm also not too keen on trusting other's input and takeoff.  Nor on all my competition having all the same info as me.