Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538784 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #1100 on: June 15, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 17, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »
Any of you EVO guys remove all of the bloatware?  I want to do it but the several different instructions on Android Central have a million steps and seems very impractical.  I figure if any of you rubes did it without bricking your phone, then so can I.

tia
kthxbye

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 17, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
Any of you EVO guys remove all of the bloatware?  I want to do it but the several different instructions on Android Central have a million steps and seems very impractical.  I figure if any of you rubes did it without bricking your phone, then so can I.

tia
kthxbye

would like to, when you find out tell me

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 17, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »

tia
kthxbye

The only way I know how is to root and use the paid version of Titanium Backup to freeze the apps. Or load a custom rom.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 17, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
Clams I took my EVO out of my case.  I feel very liberated and like I'm living on the edge. It feels damn good.  :thumbs:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 17, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »
eff ya man, cases are for pussies who can't deal with the consequences of not having a case.  /non-frugal thread

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 17, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »
eff ya man, cases are for pussies who can't deal with the consequences of not having a case.  /non-frugal thread

didn't you say you had the otterbox case  :dubious:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 17, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
Sprint Epic 4G

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 17, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »

tia
kthxbye

The only way I know how is to root and use the paid version of Titanium Backup to freeze the apps. Or load a custom rom.

Ti Backup and freezing them is my suggestion. The programs themselves don't take up much space. Plus usually if you want to do a factory  update you have to have the bloatware files or the update will fail.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 18, 2011, 01:15:04 AM »
Out of curiousity, what do you guys do with your Evos that is so rough?  My dad has had his since like November or so and has already had to replace a screen once and something else that I can't remember.  Is it the phone or maybe the size of the phone doesn't lend itself to being carried in a pocket?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 18, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Had mine since August, no case, no issues.  It fits in my pocket easily, of course I don't wear tight clothes either.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
Sprint Epic 4G

I currently have this phone.  I neither love it or hate it altogether, but I do hate it a lot of the time and I do love it a lot of the time.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 18, 2011, 05:05:10 PM »
Sprint Epic 4G

I currently have this phone.  I neither love it or hate it altogether, but I do hate it a lot of the time and I do love it a lot of the time.

I like
 mine but it's been buggy lately

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 19, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Sprint Epic 4G

I like
Yeah, even since 2.2 my battery life is crap.  I think I would fix it with a factory reset, but I don't really want to spend an entire day putting all my stuff back on my phone.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 19, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »

bought it, gave it away.  yup.  sold my evo a few months ago on ebay.  b(.)(.)m.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 19, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
Sprint Epic 4G

I like
Yeah, even since 2.2 my battery life is crap.  I think I would fix it with a factory reset, but I don't really want to spend an entire day putting all my stuff back on my phone.

I'm taking mine in tomorrow.  Speaker phone not working.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 19, 2011, 11:20:13 PM »

bought it, gave it away.  yup.  sold my evo a few months ago on ebay.  b(.)(.)m.

What now? 3D? Nexus S?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 20, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »
right now i'm carrying a blackberry tour, not sure what's up next...hoping for some cool phones to launch this fall though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »
+ i should have said i sold my evo a few weeks ago, not months.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »
Some other things I've noticed with the new Gingerbread update-

When looking at the list of apps on the phone (menu, settings, applications), they actually load properly and instantly. Idle battery life is significantly better. Also, I've noticed when I update 20 apps at once, it actually goes smoothly and it continuously updates which apps have been updated in notifications. Before it was just really slow for a few minutes, then it just was updated.

Also, from E3, we may be able to run the Playstation game market, or whatever it's called.

I've noticed there's a Downloads app to view all downloads. Also, while using the camera app, you have the ability to take a photo with the front facing camera.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 21, 2011, 09:08:48 AM »
I had another gingerbread update this morning.  What was that?  Anyone else?  (Sprint EVO 4g)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 21, 2011, 09:11:53 AM »
I had another gingerbread update this morning.  What was that?  Anyone else?  (Sprint EVO 4g)

nothing for me :dunno:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 21, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »

Fixed Netflix and a couple other things.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 21, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
Att HTC HD7S will be in my mailbox when i get home from work tomorrow!  :driving:

HAd the HD2.  Nothing but troub.  Tmobile guys said that the later HD models are better but still have issues with their network.  The Tmobile guys say they are telling everyone to dl Android to the memory card and run it off the card as your OS.  Said that they haven't been able to reconcile the Windows platform with their service yet.  So much so, that the reason I no longer have an HD2 is that they couldn't get it to work, shipped me two new phones over a period of three weeks, then eventually gave me the Click 2. 

WinMO 6.5 is nothing like Windows Phone 7.

Not too shabs so far.  The screen is the tits (two good ones).

Battery life is a little disappointing, lack of apps sucks, and camera isn't great - dont think its 5MP but not a big deal to me.