Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538778 times)

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #1075 on: June 13, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Some other things I've noticed with the new Gingerbread update-

When looking at the list of apps on the phone (menu, settings, applications), they actually load properly and instantly. Idle battery life is significantly better. Also, I've noticed when I update 20 apps at once, it actually goes smoothly and it continuously updates which apps have been updated in notifications. Before it was just really slow for a few minutes, then it just was updated.

Also, from E3, we may be able to run the Playstation game market, or whatever it's called.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:56:39 PM by ew2x4 »

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 13, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
Att HTC HD7S will be in my mailbox when i get home from work tomorrow!  :driving:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/virgin-mobile-welcomes-4-1-inch-motorola-triumph-brings-froyo-t/

^rusty, pls read

just read, looks awesome, but will probably wait for the next VM phone (after Triumph) unless the price is really good.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45:37 PM »
and those engadget fuckers can eat a bag of dicks. get over yourselves.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 14, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »
why wait?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
Att HTC HD7S will be in my mailbox when i get home from work tomorrow!  :driving:

HAd the HD2.  Nothing but troub.  Tmobile guys said that the later HD models are better but still have issues with their network.  The Tmobile guys say they are telling everyone to dl Android to the memory card and run it off the card as your OS.  Said that they haven't been able to reconcile the Windows platform with their service yet.  So much so, that the reason I no longer have an HD2 is that they couldn't get it to work, shipped me two new phones over a period of three weeks, then eventually gave me the Click 2. 

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 14, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »

HAd the HD2.  Nothing but troub.  Tmobile guys said that the later HD models are better but still have issues with their network.  The Tmobile guys say they are telling everyone to dl Android to the memory card and run it off the card as your OS.  Said that they haven't been able to reconcile the Windows platform with their service yet.  So much so, that the reason I no longer have an HD2 is that they couldn't get it to work, shipped me two new phones over a period of three weeks, then eventually gave me the Click 2. 

WinMO 6.5 is nothing like Windows Phone 7.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 14, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »
why wait?

I'm cheap, which is why i'm on vm in the first place, duh.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »
Everytime I see my Sprint I think about swapping over to Boost.  Pretty sure they use the same network and it's like 1/2 what I pay.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 14, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »
Everytime I see my Sprint I think about swapping over to Boost.  Pretty sure they use the same network and it's like 1/2 what I pay.
ya you would just want to make sure and buy a boost cdma device and not a boost iden unit.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 14, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
ya you would just want to make sure and buy a boost cdma device and not a boost iden unit.

Never heard of this iden, just assumed they were all cdma.  Thanks for the info, though I won't be leaving anytime soon as I just got a new phone in like December...

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »

Never heard of this iden, just assumed they were all cdma.  Thanks for the info, though I won't be leaving anytime soon as I just got a new phone in like December...

when you hear iDEN, think Nextel. not what you want.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 15, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »

Sprint currently  :flush:  My network has been partially down at my house for three weeks now.  Can't wait to get that bill.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 15, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »

Sprint currently  :flush:  My network has been partially down at my house for three weeks now.  Can't wait to get that bill.
that's weird.  what did they say when you called?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 15, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »
I haven't noticed any problems lately.  :ck:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 15, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »

that's weird.  what did they say when you called?

It took until the third call until they actually told me the tower was down.  Gave me a help ticket and then told me that the tower would be back working within 24 hours and that I would get an update email regarding the ticket within 72 hours.  Neither happened.  Does Sprint farm out their 1st level customer service to a call center?  If so I'm cool, if not I'm going to request that someone get fired.  I called five days after being told that I would receive an email update on the ticket to see what the deal was.  The jackass on the other side proceeded to tell me that if I was still having problems with the phone then the tower hasn't been fixed, and I didn't get an update because the tower hasn't been fixed.  I informed him that the help ticket confirmation that I was promised wasn't contingent on the tower being fixed, and I also asked him if Sprint intended to inform everyone in the area that the tower was fixed even though we weren't informed that the tower wasn't down until I called three times.  He ignored all of this and the angirly repeated word for word what he said before.  Didn't ask for help, didn't flip the page on his little help book, nothing.  I said thank you and hung up the phone.  I then drove to the sprint store three miles away and the girl working there was pretty pissed.  She said they get about 30 people a day coming in and asking them about the outage but sprint did not give them info either.  She lives in near me and her phone is not working wither.  She also told me that our tower was the first in Wichita to go down but there were two others since.  

Everything would have be fine if the phones would roam, but they won't do that either.
 :shakesfist: :curse: :dubious:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 15, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

I live in far SW Wichita.  Closer to Haysville than downtown

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 15, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »

no wonder you're always cranky. :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 15, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »

no wonder you're always cranky. :thumbs:
:cry:
I always thought living near Pleasures would work out better

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 15, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
do people still "cruise" south seneca?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 15, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
do people still "cruise" south seneca?
:dunno: lots of WT and old people who drive hella slow,  maybe theyre cruising.  I avoid Seneca

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 15, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
your phone roams, there's just no where to roam to.  unless you turned roaming off in the options. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 15, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
My service always sucks in Haysville.  Didn't realize you lived down that way.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 15, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
My service always sucks in Haysville.  Didn't realize you lived down that way.

where else would you expect the hayseed to live other than haysville?   :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »
your phone roams, there's just no where to roam to.  unless you turned roaming off in the options. 

Evos don't have the "roam only" option, first phone I have in a while that doesn't.  The down tower near me is still sending out a signal that isn't fully functional, therefore the phone won't roam.  I wish Sprint would just shut the tower down until its fully functional.