Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538768 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
Alright guys, I got the EVO and I'm not gonna lie.  I don't like this thing.  I can't type on it at all.  I took it in to the Sprint store and we calibrated the keyboard.  No luck!  There are so many things I won't use this phone for.  The most important things to me are text, email and phone.  Two of those three I find very hard to do.  Any suggestions?  I am seriously ready to take this phone back and go back to my BB.

:bang:

install Swype

Just installed Swype today and I'm very impressed.

I searched the marketplace for "Swype" and nothing.  :dunno:
You have to go to their website

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
Alright guys, I got the EVO and I'm not gonna lie.  I don't like this thing.  I can't type on it at all.  I took it in to the Sprint store and we calibrated the keyboard.  No luck!  There are so many things I won't use this phone for.  The most important things to me are text, email and phone.  Two of those three I find very hard to do.  Any suggestions?  I am seriously ready to take this phone back and go back to my BB.

install Swype

THE BETA IS CLOSED.   :curse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »

install Swype

iirc it's out of beta and open to the public now :dunno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »

install Swype

iirc it's out of beta and open to the public now :dunno:

LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2010, 02:55:04 PM »
Maybe it's not, I dunno :dunno:  I downloaded it once but then didn't have the energy to figure it out and erased it.  Maybe that was during Beta. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
First, swype makes it much easier to type on the touch screen. Very worthwhile if you can find it, and free.

Also I am finding the public transport button for directions on navigator/google maps is very handy here in Chicago.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 26, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »
Also I am finding the public transport button for directions on navigator/google maps is very handy here in Chicago.

Just found that out in Chicago last weekend as well. Did you enjoy the car wreckage on Mich. Ave. for the Transformers 3 set? I did not.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 26, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
swype is great. takes a little getting used to, but after a while of getting used to it you can really start to fly on the keyboard.

also using DolphinHD. haven't tried the opera browser yet.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
Who do I have to blow to get a way to listen to 810 WHB on my rough ridin' phone?  Who?  I will do it.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 26, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »
Who do I have to blow to get a way to listen to 810 WHB on my rough ridin' phone?  Who?  I will do it.

I've been able to before. I could copy and paste the windows media link into one of the players I had for my Winmo phone a long time ago.

Hey clams, I think I'm gonna never let go of my $30 SERO plan. Any word on when fancy Blackberry 6.0 phones will be out?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »
Who do I have to blow to get a way to listen to 810 WHB on my fracking phone?  Who?  I will do it.

I've been able to before. I could copy and paste the windows media link into one of the players I had for my Winmo phone a long time ago.

Hey clams, I think I'm gonna never let go of my $30 SERO plan. Any word on when fancy Blackberry 6.0 phones will be out?
I think 4th Quarter.  Ya the old SERO plan is great.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

Just found that out in Chicago last weekend as well. Did you enjoy the car wreckage on Mich. Ave. for the Transformers 3 set? I did not.

Didn't bother me any, and my boys (6 and 9) thought it was really cool

They also had Bumblebee and another car there, but they had covers on them.  The other one was a red Ferrari, must be new for Transformers 3.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Who do I have to blow to get a way to listen to 810 WHB on my fracking phone?  Who?  I will do it.

It's amazing, but I'm jonesing for an Evo.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »

Well, you sure as eff can't listen to 810AM on it....no matter who you blow.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »

Well, you sure as shazbot! can't listen to 810AM on it....no matter who you blow.

OMG, I know.  I have to listen to 610 and those tards.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »

Well, you sure as shazbot! can't listen to 810AM on it....no matter who you blow.

crap. seriously? there's gotta be a way. jhwkjason? mods?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »

crap. seriously? there's gotta be a way. jhwkjason? mods?

I've got a palm pre and no internet radio apps have 810 on them.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »

Well, you sure as eff can't listen to 810AM on it....no matter who you blow.

Will no media player stream from a web address?

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »
Is paying $6.99 better or worse than blowing someone?  Wunder Radio has an 810 stream, and I used to listen occasionally on the iPhone app (which I'm pretty sure was free at one point or I don't think I'd have it.)

Somebody be the guinea pig and see how will it works on Android.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Is paying $6.99 better or worse than blowing someone?  Wunder Radio has an 810 stream, and I used to listen occasionally on the iPhone app (which I'm pretty sure was free at one point or I don't think I'd have it.)

.....researching now, will keep you posted....

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 27, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »

Will no media player stream from a web address?

Nope.

It's a GIANT black hole in the mobile device area right now.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:56 AM »

IT WORKS!

Sleepfighter, I outsource most of the non-value added tasks in my life (lawn mowing, cleaning gutters, etc), I've arranged for Rick to blow you.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »

IT WORKS!

Sleepfighter, I outsource most of the non-value added tasks in my life (lawn mowing, cleaning gutters, etc), I've arranged for Rick to blow you.

I'll have to try and make it to the next PAK.   :gocho:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
Wunder Radio also carries KMAN!   :pbj:

Perfect for those Saturday mornings listening to Stanbot and Danny breakdown the Big 12 live from Varneys!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »
Is paying $6.99 better or worse than blowing someone?  Wunder Radio has an 810 stream, and I used to listen occasionally on the iPhone app (which I'm pretty sure was free at one point or I don't think I'd have it.)

IT WORKS!

Is sleepfighter the daughter of any local judges? I mean, I'll do it and all...I just don't want it to negatively impact any mou or sj's or anything that could hurt the khatz. Mods?