Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538774 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:46 PM »
bro that was my biggest concern!   :runaway:

WATRWEGONNADO??1?!  :runaway: :ohno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2010, 07:07:26 AM »
played around w/ a coworkers evo today. IT MIGHT BE TOO BIG! DID NOT EXPECT THIS!!!  :runaway:

This was also my biggest concern.  But, so far, no biggness issues. Fits in my pocket fine and the screen size makes BBSing very enjoyable.  A much bigger concern for you should be what if it just doesn't have power one day and steve dave isn't around to smack it around a bit to get it to come back to life.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2010, 05:15:08 PM »
Alright guys, I got the EVO and I'm not gonna lie.  I don't like this thing.  I can't type on it at all.  I took it in to the Sprint store and we calibrated the keyboard.  No luck!  There are so many things I won't use this phone for.  The most important things to me are text, email and phone.  Two of those three I find very hard to do.  Any suggestions?  I am seriously ready to take this phone back and go back to my BB.

:bang:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2010, 05:28:30 PM »
Alright guys, I got the EVO and I'm not gonna lie.  I don't like this thing.  I can't type on it at all.  I took it in to the Sprint store and we calibrated the keyboard.  No luck!  There are so many things I won't use this phone for.  The most important things to me are text, email and phone.  Two of those three I find very hard to do.  Any suggestions?  I am seriously ready to take this phone back and go back to my BB.

install Swype

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »

Make your fingers less humongous or your brain less Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) :dunno:  I can knock out 35 words a minute on that SOB :dunno:  Also, the swype advice was pretty good.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »

install Swype

Just installed Swype today and I'm very impressed.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »

install Swype

Just installed Swype today and I'm very impressed.
[/quote

_FAN, did you see how backed up they are with the incredible?  Lucky you got one when you did.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2010, 06:14:44 PM »
_FAN, did you see how backed up they are with the incredible?  Lucky you got one when you did.

Yes, I'm glad I got one early, its been a great phone.  BTW, you should get Swype.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »

the learning curve isn't that bad, stick with it champ.  the new law in KS that went into effect today which prohibits texting while driving should help your cause.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »

Make your fingers less humongous or your brain less Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) :dunno:  I can knock out 35 words a minute on that SOB :dunno:  Also, the swype advice was pretty good.

That is the problem, my fingers are humongous.  You know what they say about guys with big fingers right?  They can't text for crap!  I am also pretty damn Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  I will give it a go.  I just might end up back with the BB if these things don't work.

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

the learning curve isn't that bad, stick with it champ.  the new law in KS that went into effect today which prohibits texting while driving should help your cause.

This doesn't apply to me.  I now live in Missouri.  I was looking for an app I could download that would tell me how to cook meth.  Any ideas on that?

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2010, 10:04:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

:lol:

Just saw a local news story showing the dude who made this video.  He works at a Best Buy in KC and he got fired for making the video.   :surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2010, 10:24:58 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

:lol:

Just saw a local news story showing the dude who made this video.  He works at a Best Buy in KC and he got fired for making the video.   :surprised:
i saw that too.  best buy sucks for doing that.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
Froyo update...

:raccoon:

first case of the froyo update being available before the phone is?

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Froyo update...

Find me an EVO! (in 10 days)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
Froyo update...

Not for me.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
For those on android, which browser do you use?  I'm switching back and forth between Opera and DolphinHD right now trying to decide which I like better.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
For those on android, which browser do you use?  I'm switching back and forth between Opera and DolphinHD right now trying to decide which I like better.

doesn't the phone have a built in browser?  my friend's droid's browser is ridiculously awesomely fast.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »

doesn't the phone have a built in browser?  my friend's droid's browser is ridiculously awesomely fast.

ya, it has one but its kinda lacking in features

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
opera mini is much better than the stock browser

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2010, 09:11:49 AM »
I usually use the stock browser.  I have opera and skyfire on there as well.  I will use skyfire to watch videos embedded on sites. (like the ridic lady eating chilis video SD posted the other day.)