Author Topic: Pizza carry-out  (Read 19355 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza carry-out
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »
i had a couple of friends that would not tip in college because they found out how much bartenders and waiter type people made. they were like "screw that. i only get like eight bucks an hour at my job. why should i tip him when he's making more? they're overpaid " i always thought this was pretty stupid and would just tell them to quit their jobs and go do the bartendar/waitress thing then.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
People who don't tip are ridiculous and deserve to be shamed.  It's part of the social contract, man.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2011, 10:51:29 AM »
A guy at my blackjack table last weekend won over $2k and tipped ... $0.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
what about people that are all like "here's a tip for you. don't drink your bath water." i mean sheesh. am i right here fellas? don't get me started.  :lol:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:37 AM »
Not saying its easy, but its their job. I usually pick jobs where I get a lot of money and don't need tips to survive.

You incorrectly assume that everyone "picks" their job.

what about the kid at the grocery store that bags your groceries, pushes the cart to your car, and loads the groceries in your trunk?

i always have a struggle with that one.

Are you a senior citizen?

Free country, they don't have to work there.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
what about the kid at the grocery store that bags your groceries, pushes the cart to your car, and loads the groceries in your trunk?

the grocery store that i shop at is a locally owned place, and that's their thing.   :ck:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »

I would probably tip $3 for this, but it would be a pain in the ass for me because I don't usually carry cash.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »

the grocery store that i shop at is a locally owned place, and that's their thing.   :ck:

oh man, the towny place right next to my house is like this.  those kids will not give me my bag even if I have, like, a banana in it.  it really becomes a struggle to get it from them.  it's not that I would mind tipping or them carrying it...it's that I don't want to have to talk to them on the walk to the car. 

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »
I don't want to have to talk to them on the walk to the car. 

Take a fake call on your phone or send a fake text.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »
Bet you cheap/poor SOBs don't tip when you get your hair cut either.  This board is completely full of SE KS and Okie from Muskogee typeos.  Lol @ you retards for trying to pretend to be all wordly in other threads and then shitting the bed in this thread.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »

oh man, the towny place right next to my house is like this.  those kids will not give me my bag even if I have, like, a banana in it.  it really becomes a struggle to get it from them.  it's not that I would mind tipping or them carrying it...it's that I don't want to have to talk to them on the walk to the car. 

You go all the way to the store just to buy one banana?

That's bananas!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »

i feel that way every time.  we'll have like 3 bags of stuff....me, the mrs, and the kid could easily carry them out, but they act like they have one mission in life, and it's to handle my groceries.  hate it when you get a kid that tries to tell you about how he has been working on his pick-em-up truck.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »

i feel that way every time.  we'll have like 3 bags of stuff....me, the mrs, and the kid could easily carry them out, but they act like they have one mission in life, and it's to handle my groceries.  hate it when you get a kid that tries to tell you about how he has been working on his pick-em-up truck.

That's pretty much my nightmare.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2011, 11:44:57 AM »
Bet you cheap/poor SOBs don't tip when you get your hair cut either.  This board is completely full of SE KS and Okie from Muskogee typeos.  Lol @ you retards for trying to pretend to be all wordly in other threads and then shitting the bed in this thread.

:dubious:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »
I didn't realize there were still bag boys or whatever at the grocery store. Sounds terrible.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
Oh, and I totally did the "slip the maitre d a twenty" thing for the first time a few years ago. Felt super elite about it. My friends were all "You really do that!"  :surprised: and I was all "meh no big deal." :gocho:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2011, 11:52:17 AM »
Oh, and I totally did the "slip the maitre d a twenty" thing for the first time a few years ago. Felt super elite about it. My friends were all "You really do that!"  :surprised: and I was all "meh no big deal." :gocho:

Did you get seated immediately? My brother in law did this once and we were seated immediately after being told the wait would be 2 hours.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »
Bet you cheap/poor SOBs don't tip when you get your hair cut either.  This board is completely full of SE KS and Okie from Muskogee typeos.  Lol @ you retards for trying to pretend to be all wordly in other threads and then cacting the bed in this thread.

Don't need to tip.  I cut my own hair to save time and money on haircuts.  I've gotten good at it over the years.  :cool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »

I do this at vegas hotels

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
I am a very generous tipper.  

The only time I get annoyed is when I know they're angling for a big tip.   Just do your job well and you've got nothing to worry about, you will get a tip from me.   

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »
I find it hilarious when people are so anti-society and non-conformists that they don't see the need to tip. I imagine they also listen to a lot of Green Day and Good Charlotte.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
I am a very generous tipper. 

The only time I get annoyed is when I know they're angling for a big tip.   Just do your job well and you've got nothing to worry about, you will get a tip from me.   

agreed.  i'm like- don't worry, just do your job and you're ass is getting paid.  if they go over the top then i just get annoyed and hate their guts. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »
Gave out christmas bonuses this year for my doorman, cleaning lady and dry-cleaning guy. Also made sure to give a christmas bonus my girlfriend's hairstylist. This all adds up to me being the sharpest looking/feeling motherf*cker on my block when I round the corner, have my suit handed to me as I pass the dry cleaner, my girlfriend comes out of the salon to my waiting arm with her hair done as we approach my apartment where the doorman rushes out with an umbrella for us as another holds the door and calls an elevator up to my mint-fresh apartment. Later I am able to dedicate my night to having completely mind-blowing sex as my menial tasks have been taken care of due to my outsourcing and prodigious tipping.

Life's good on this side of the aisle. Service-oriented economy, dimwits. Get with it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:17:23 PM by Paul Moscow »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »
Gave out christmas bonuses this year for my doorman, cleaning lady and dry-cleaning guy. Also made sure to give a christmas bonus my girlfriend's hairstylist. This all adds up to me being the sharpest looking/feeling motherf*cker on my block when I round the corner, have my suit handed to me as I pass the dry cleaner, my girlfriend comes out of the salon to my waiting arm with her hair done as we approach my apartment where the doorman rushes out with an umbrella for us as another holds the door.

Life's good on this side of the aisle. Service-oriented economy, dimwits. Get with it.

OH LOOK! ANOTHER NYC KSU CAT CHIMES IN TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A LOSER WITH HIS NYC DOORMAN TALK!  :flush:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2011, 06:22:45 PM »
The one thing I hate, tipping the bathroom attendant.  If I do not have cash on hand, it makes me feel like I cannot go to the bathroom.  I hate that rough rider (but still tip him)