Author Topic: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC  (Read 50374 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
never understood the love that a movie like back to the future gets, absolutely terrible movie.

It is the Huey Lewis soundtrack.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »
never understood the love that a movie like back to the future gets, absolutely terrible movie.

MJF in his prime. Christopher rough ridin' Lloyd.
two losers

It is the Huey Lewis soundtrack.
i'm 99% sure you're correct

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
Oceans 11:  The decoy truck gets the fake money loaded into and then blown up.  How did they get the fake money down to the vault to begin with?  No way the chinese guy had enough room.  Clooney/Damon didn't have it.  :dunno:

Didn't the "swat" team come in carrying the bags of fake money?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
Wow, name a better time travel movie.  I dare you.

Not that I dislike Back to the Future (having seen it in the theater on opening day), but I would say that Terminator and Terminator 2 are as good if not better.  Also, I liked Time Cop as well, but it probably is not quite as good. 

Star Trek IV

Inception:  Wait... he's walking around in his dream and what? Wait-truth syrum.  WTF is this?  It's blowing my mind.  Anyone know how this worked?  How did they figure out all of these hard and fast rules of dreams anyway?  There is a "Shared" dream space in Limbo--which you can only reach five layers deep.  You know what I think Christopher Nolan just made all this crap up. 

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

Time Bandits?

It's the only kids movie I know of where the boy's parents are killed at the end and he's left abandoned standing on the street.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »
in "night at the museum," how the eff did all the exhibits know how to talk/who they were and stuff?  like, they were just dummies.  not the real historical figure.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »

Inception:  Wait... he's walking around in his dream and what? Wait-truth syrum.  WTF is this?  It's blowing my mind.  Anyone know how this worked?  How did they figure out all of these hard and fast rules of dreams anyway?  There is a "Shared" dream space in Limbo--which you can only reach five layers deep.  You know what I think Christopher Nolan just made all this cac up. 

It's been a while since I saw Inception, but -- even accepting the writer's logic, Leo had to die to get to limbo, but he didn't (right?).  I think he supposedly got there by going to the next level of dreaming.  (It would have made logical sense if one of the other characters had shot and killed Leo in the dream to get him to limbo.)  So, unless the point of the movie is that Leo was just in another dream level, instead of limbo, that's one of the hundreds of plot holes in that movie.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »

Inception:  Wait... he's walking around in his dream and what? Wait-truth syrum.  WTF is this?  It's blowing my mind.  Anyone know how this worked?  How did they figure out all of these hard and fast rules of dreams anyway?  There is a "Shared" dream space in Limbo--which you can only reach five layers deep.  You know what I think Christopher Nolan just made all this cac up. 

It's been a while since I saw Inception, but -- even accepting the writer's logic, Leo had to die to get to limbo, but he didn't (right?).  I think he supposedly got there by going to the next level of dreaming.  (It would have made logical sense if one of the other characters had shot and killed Leo in the dream to get him to limbo.)  So, unless the point of the movie is that Leo was just in another dream level, instead of limbo, that's one of the hundreds of plot holes in that movie.

have you ever dreamed within a dream?  no?  then stfu.  not a plot hole.

amateur hour at goEMAW.com

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »
In the movie "Barnyard," a cow was in charge of the farm. It was a boy cow, but it had udders. WTF are these movie people trying to teach our kids???

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »
In the movie "Barnyard," a cow was in charge of the farm. It was a boy cow, but it had udders. WTF are these movie people trying to teach our kids???

Excellent job right here

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »
Why were the Alabama Crimson Tide practicing football in Greenbow, Alabama?  
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
K-State practiced in Olathe, KS once during the Ron Prince era. :ck:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

You didn't actually see that movie, did you?  You just read that on the internet.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

You didn't actually see that movie, did you?  You just read that on the internet.

I admit i actually watched it...and loved it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
Memento. First of all, whenever he gets in his car to drive somewhere, how does he remember where he is going? Especially at the end when he pulls up in front of a tattoo parlor? How did he remember it was there?

Second of all, [spoiler]how does he remember the story about Sammy Jankis? If it was actually about him, then it happened after he lost his ability to make memories, so therefore he wouldn't be able to remember it.[/spoiler]

There are tons of things that don't make sense in this movie. Christopher Nolan sucks at making movies without huge holes in them.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »

I sat down and watched it with my nephews.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »

Kind of reminds me of all those Chik-Fil-A commercials where they have fracking dairy cattle (holsteins) trying to convince us to eat more chicken.  Makes no sense because that breed is not raised for beef production at all.  (Yes they usually end up as hamburger, but only after a long full life of providing milk).  Just a company playing to the stereotypical uninformed American's idea of what cows look like.  Would make way more sense to have angus steers pleading their case.  (Sorry I'm getting off the movie topic here.)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26:57 PM »

His high school was practicing.  Coach Bryant was scouting/recruiting.  Now, Forrest Gump is believable again.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »

Kind of reminds me of all those Chik-Fil-A commercials where they have fracking dairy cattle (holsteins) trying to convince us to eat more chicken.  Makes no sense because that breed is not raised for beef production at all.  (Yes they usually end up as hamburger, but only after a long full life of providing milk).  Just a company playing to the stereotypical uninformed American's idea of what cows look like.  Would make way more sense to have angus steers pleading their case.  (Sorry I'm getting off the movie topic here.)

I like it because it makes them seem more altruistic, you know? It's like I trust them because I know they don't have a personal agenda.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »

Not sure if I'm off base on this one, but I just thought of it. The Main cow in charge can get a hold of a guitar and learn to play it. But he can't get a gun to defend his chickens??
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:00:25 PM by WillieWannabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »

What pisses me off is those cattle got so rough ridin' smart that they learned to read and write, but can't spell.  I mean, they've come so far.  Proper spelling isn't far off.  LEARN TO SPELL!!!!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »
This thread is making me want to watch Barnyard.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »

Time Bandits?

It's the only kids movie I know of where the boy's parents are killed at the end and he's left abandoned standing on the street.

Also has LOADS of midgets. 

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:04 PM »
In Back to the Future II, after the old Biff steals the DeLorean, goes back and gives the young 1955 Biff the almanac, how the hell does he get back to 2010 without the world becoming the dark crime-ridden nightmare that it was when Doc and Marty then go back to 1985?  Because the minute that the old Biff gives young Biff the almanac, he should not be returning to the same future that he just left and which Doc and Marty were left in, not knowing Biff stole the car.  Let me know if I didn't explain that clearly enough.  Kind of funny to look at all the things in that movie from 2010 scenes that never got invented. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »
because Biff gets killed in this parallel universe?  :dunno:
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.