Author Topic: the argument for mike leach right now  (Read 79247 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: the argument for mike leach right now
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »
Rick did have a point.

UCLA doesn't even have a full sized practice field, meanwhile across town USC has a really nice outdoor practice complex and is putting the finishing touches on the 120K square foot John McKay Center.    UCLA's facilities are a joke, and if they hire someone like Leach who had great facilities at TT, he's going to demand that they spend a lot of money.

Both ku and Washington State have an advantage on UCLA on that front.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:14 AM »

The point is that once you have hired a coach, the administration needs to get behind that coach and give him a shot to either succeed or fail before pulling the trigger and firing him.  Otherwise, why would a top-flight coach even consider coming here knowing that we didn't even give the previous coach a fair chance?  And guess what!  My expectations were nothing but a guess, and not a basis for firing a coach with a winning record.  I knew there was a chance he could actually exceed expectations just like he did in the first go-around.  Do you have any concept of how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) K-State would have looked to the nation if we had actually fired Snyder at the end of last year? 

A top-flight coach doesn't give a crap about the circumstances in which the previous coach was let go.

A top-flight coach doesn't come to ku (or KSU).

Exactly.  Especially if you unjustly fire a former top-flight coach whose name is on the stadium. 

hey jackass, Snyder said he was coming back to calm the waters. totally logical to assume (based on his word) that he would've stepped down if we could've come to terms with leach. this thread wasn't talking about firing him you rough ridin' idiot. Jesus.

Nice try, ass clown.  Numerous posts in this thread referred to firing Snyder including this one of yours:

can you do this again but take into account that ksu didn't have to play texas tech in 2010 and get beat by them 50 points like they did in 2008 and 2009. i would say if anything, the above supports the fire the eff out of snyder today and hire mike leach. am i wrong? i'm not very smart at math type stuff and things.

the stuff did support it. i don't even think you know what you are arguing about anymore.  :flush:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »
I wouldn't really fire him. You would approach him like this:

"So, bill. Great job with that bowl thing. Remember how you came here to 'calm the waters'? Thanks a ton for doing that. I know you really care about Kansas State University and the excellent football program that you built (I can't think you enough for that, BTDub). So, anyway, I was thinking. Remember Mike Leach? The guy that has always kicked the ever-loving-crap out of you? Well, turns out he's available and begging for every open BCS job and no one is interested. Crazy, right? So, I think for the overall long term health of YOUR program, I think we should hire him ASAP. Let's do this now, and you can have a grand retirement party at a basketball game or whatever. Cool? Alright Bill, thanks. I knew you loved KSU more than anything, even though those assholes on goEMAW thought you only cared about your ego and legacy."

Online deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2011, 11:41:35 AM »
even though those assholes on goEMAW thought you only cared about your ego and legacy.

I agree with this portion of MichiganCat's post.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »
Rick did have a point.

UCLA doesn't even have a full sized practice field, meanwhile across town USC has a really nice outdoor practice complex and is putting the finishing touches on the 120K square foot John McKay Center.    UCLA's facilities are a joke, and if they hire someone like Leach who had great facilities at TT, he's going to demand that they spend a lot of money.

How is UCLA doing financially right now?  Yeah they're second fiddle to USC but it seems like as a big name program they could start throwing money around for facility improvements if they were able to.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
Rick did have a point.

How is UCLA doing financially right now?  Yeah they're second fiddle to USC but it seems like as a big name program they could start throwing money around for facility improvements if they were able to.

they're in the middle of redoing pauley pavilion at a cost of ~$100m, that's where their priority lies.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
Rick did have a point.

How is UCLA doing financially right now?  Yeah they're second fiddle to USC but it seems like as a big name program they could start throwing money around for facility improvements if they were able to.

Does everyone just reguritate what they hear on 810? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »

:blindfold:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »
welp, that didn't take long.    http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8618108/marquess-wilson-washington-state-cougars-leaves-team-alleges-abuse-coaching-staff

In the process, Wilson also blasted first-year coach Mike Leach and his staff, accusing them of "abuse" while saying his suspension was "an attempt by the athletic department to cover up what is really happening in that locker room."

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2012, 09:46:08 PM »
welp, that didn't take long.    http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8618108/marquess-wilson-washington-state-cougars-leaves-team-alleges-abuse-coaching-staff

In the process, Wilson also blasted first-year coach Mike Leach and his staff, accusing them of "abuse" while saying his suspension was "an attempt by the athletic department to cover up what is really happening in that locker room."

wetluke

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2012, 09:46:56 PM »

wetluke

oh man at least link me to my luking.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »

wetluke

it was right at the top of the board

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=15377.0

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »

wetluke

it was right at the top of the board

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=15377.0

well son of a bitch, nice scoop

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »
Another argument for Leach

He'd buy drinks at Rusty's after the Dillion's Sunflower Showdown!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/mike-leach-reportedly-uses-25-000-apple-cup-231546407--ncaaf.html
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »
may be headed to nc state

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
He really is something, isn't he.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
Has anyone here ever been to Pullman?

I've been there through Google Earth Street View.  It looks somewhat interesting, despite being so far out there it makes Manhattan, KS seem like it's right down the street from Manhattan, NY. 

Just curious.   

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »
I've been there through Google Earth Street View. 

This made me LOL for some reason.  Then I lol'd more when trying it out because didn't you take issue with google street view stuff over in the pit once, speculating what heinous deeds they could do with the data?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »

This made me LOL for some reason.  Then I lol'd more when trying it out because didn't you take issue with google street view stuff over in the pit once, speculating what heinous deeds they could do with the data?

There's a reason they've been called to the carpet in multiple European countries Trim?   

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »

There's a reason they've been called to the carpet in multiple European countries Trim?   

LOL again.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2012, 02:39:53 AM »

LOL again.

:facepalm:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2012, 06:57:54 AM »
Here, dax.  My 3 LOLs:

1) "I've been there through..."  I know what you meant, just made me laugh.
2) Me recalling that the thing you've "been there through" was the antagonist not long ago of one of your Pit posts.
3) You not recognizing the humor in either of the above and Pit'n me here.

I know nothing and don't care about the inherent evil in google street view.  #Leach4KSU

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2012, 08:25:38 AM »
You're over explaining Trim.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile