Author Topic: the argument for mike leach right now  (Read 79191 times)

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: the argument for mike leach right now
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 09:38:16 PM »
 Hire the Pirate

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »
It is really fracking sad that our lottery ticket is just sitting around waiting to be bought and it isn't going to happen. Just sitting there!!!  Won't be there next year, just sitting there. Instead, we are just going to sit back, watch that old mother fracker completely tear this effer down and in 5 years when he does leave, we will hire someone that we will have to get really lucky on, when we just ignored the winning ticket.

There will never be a more perfect situation for Kat football to be relevant again, never.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
I agree that nothing will happen this season with Bill. 

THIS IS THE cac THAT PISSES ME OFF.  Why not?  Why won't something happen?  I know it's not Currie.  He wants to hire a HC more than anything on this earth.  You knwo what it is?  It's Bill because he's busy working on a pencil version of an excel spreadsheet to derive the best way to get Sean in the HC spot.  Currie doesn't yet have the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) KSU fanbase in his pocket to the point he can fire or force out the man the stadium is named after (eff you wefald) and it's up to us to make him know he does.  Sure, money talks.  But, I know tons of rich effs that don't like Bill as our current HC.  Hell, I bet Jack Vanier would fist pump his ass off if we got Mike Leach at the helm. 

What specific action do you think would  make something happen this season?  I agree with you in regards to Currie wanting to hire a HC. What is it going to take to get the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) fanbase in his pocket? I guess I just don't see any possible scenario that we get rid of Bill this year, outside of his own death.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »
How many BCS games has Leach gone to?  How many times has he won the South??  He ran a gimmick offense and never had a defense, until they ran him out of town.  Using the logic that he beat us 4 out of 5 times should mean Texas should hire LHC Bill Snyder (or Ron Prince).  Snyder took Prince guys to a bowl game...Prince didn't recruit Thomas as a running back.  Snyder isn't the long term solution, but neither is Leach.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »
How many BCS games has Leach gone to?  How many times has he won the South??  He ran a gimmick offense and never had a defense, until they ran him out of town.  Using the logic that he beat us 4 out of 5 times should mean Texas should hire LHC Bill Snyder (or Ron Prince).  Snyder took Prince guys to a bowl game...Prince didn't recruit Thomas as a running back.  Snyder isn't the long term solution, but neither is Leach.

He had a winning record every single season he was at TTech and that was playing in a brutal Big 12 south with crap players because nobody wanted to come to Lubbock.  He is the perfect fit for K-State.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2011, 08:16:58 AM »
How many BCS games has Leach gone to?  How many times has he won the South??  He ran a gimmick offense and never had a defense, until they ran him out of town.  Using the logic that he beat us 4 out of 5 times should mean Texas should hire LHC Bill Snyder (or Ron Prince).  Snyder took Prince guys to a bowl game...Prince didn't recruit Thomas as a running back.  Snyder isn't the long term solution, but neither is Leach.

Snyder going to a BCS game 8 years ago is irrelevant.  Leach is better than Snyder at everything RIGHT NOW.  

(Also, Leach's 2008 defense was 3rd in the conference, and was 5th last year.  Snyder's last 2 were 8th and 9th).

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »
It's a brutal Big 12 South that we'll be playing every year.  He never came out of there alive.  We should get someone who can beat Texas and Oklahoma consistently.  Prince's players should be gone.  If we're mediocre next season, let's have these talks.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
We should get someone who can beat Texas and Oklahoma consistently.

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 08:42:04 AM »

over his last six years as head coach at texas tech, his teams had a 31-17 conference record and finished the season in the top20 five out of those six years. This was done while being a member of the south conference and having to play south teams every year. starting next year, kstate will have a conference schedule that will be very similar to what leach dealt with at texas tech. top20 almost every year and winning 2/3's of conference games is something that i would be very, very happy with and leach has a proven track record of being able to deliver this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2011, 08:48:05 AM »
Basically, here's the argument:

Leach's consistent top 20 finishes aren't good enough for us, so we should stick with Snyder's .500 seasons until we find someone that can consistently finish in the top 10 at Kansas State.

Makes sense.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
Pirate Qh@tz

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »

Leach's consistent top 20 finishes aren't good enough for us, so we should stick with Snyder's .500 seasons until we find someone that can consistently finish in the top 10 at Kansas State.

Makes sense.

The exactness of this is infuriating...   :bang:

catzacker

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 10:09:17 AM »
if you love ksu, you will cheer for it to have an god awful season this year.  i'm dead serious.  the only way he goes is if we suck.  i'm hopeful that ku beats us by 2 touchdowns.  the new conf schedule and ron prince's scheduling might be a blessing. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
if you love ksu, you will cheer for it to have an god awful season this year.  i'm dead serious.  the only way he goes is if we suck.  i'm hopeful that ku beats us by 2 touchdowns.  the new conf schedule and ron prince's scheduling might be a blessing. 

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=7131.msg154804#msg154804

catzacker

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »

a season of nebraska-like games would be fantastic.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »

If it came to it, would OB sacrifice Cosh to save his job next season?

I could see a press conference next offseason where OB is near tears lamenting fans demand for instant gratification as he announces Cosh's termination.  By doing that, he'd re-win over all of the 'tucks and guarantee himself another couple of years.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »
there won't be a fanbase ever in American history more committed to having an awful season than us.  go get'em cats!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »

If it came to it, would OB sacrifice Cosh to save his job next season?

I could see a press conference next offseason where OB is near tears lamenting fans demand for instant gratification as he announces Cosh's termination.  By doing that, he'd re-win over all of the 'tucks and guarantee himself another couple of years.

OB should not be given that chance next season. He had the chance this season and failed to do so.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
 :facepalm:  I've never hated being a KSU alumn before, but for christ's sake, crap like that makes me embarrassed to tell people....

Stranger: Where'd you go to school?

Me: I graduated from KSU.

Stranger: Oh, you're the dipshits that say you should be happy with a  .500 season and going to bowl game that was just created this year.

Me: Uh.... Yeah, that'd be us....

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »
I hope KSU goes undefeated and Bill retires in a blaze of glory handing the title of head coach off to an excited invigorated bran-eating Urban Meyer.

TIME FOR URBAN TO GO RURAL.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 01:07:57 PM »
I hope KSU goes undefeated and Bill retires in a blaze of glory handing the title of head coach off to an excited invigorated bran-eating Urban Meyer.

TIME FOR URBAN TO GO RURAL.

I hope for this as well. eff those pussies hoping we are awful.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2011, 01:17:32 PM »
this is a good argument right now, but i think i will wait to see if there is a better argument in the future. i'd also like to see if this argument right now sounds worse in the future.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
this is a good argument right now, but i think i will wait to see if there is a better argument in the future. i'd also like to see if this argument right now sounds worse in the future.
off topic, but why does your devil guy have bandages on his ears?

thanks i'll listen off air.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2011, 01:21:12 PM »
It's a brutal Big 12 South that we'll be playing every year.  He never came out of there alive.  We should get someone who can beat Texas and Oklahoma consistently.  Prince's players should be gone.  If we're mediocre next season, let's have these talks.

Hey you! Respond to this immediately:

Makes sense.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
It's a brutal Big 12 South that we'll be playing every year.  He never came out of there alive.  We should get someone who can beat Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma consistently.  Prince's players should be gone.  If we're mediocre next season, let's have these talks.
fypfyyw