TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Kansas State Football

the argument for mike leach right now

(1/92) > >>

Dr Rick Daris:
this thread is an open conversation on why kstate should or should not hire mike leach right now. feel free to bring comments either way and we can have an open discussion.

why kstate should hire mike leach-

1) snyder is just "calming the waters"-  he is old and apparently only came back to calm things until a suitable replacement could be found. this is what he has stated publicly and we have no reason to not believe him. he would be happy to step aside.

2) snyder is just "calming the waters"- he is old and apparently only came back to calm things until a suitable replacement could be found. people who he and the staff are recruiting against are using this against him and his staff. ex.-"hey there 18 yr old four star! why would you go to kansas state when their coach is old and has publicly said that he is just there to "calm the waters"? "

3) head to head record as coaches in the same conference at similar schools- mike leach beat LHC Bill Snyder 4/5 times that they met. this includes games from 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005 and 2009. the combined score of the 2004 and 2005 games was 94-45. not very competitive. 2009 was even worse- 66-14.

so...those are my big 3. there are more, but i'll hold off for now and not mention respective ages or how many bowl games each went to in their last five years as head football coach in which they were members of the same conference in similar locals or how one may or may not have coached in a much more difficult division of the big12. open discussion for why this is not a viable option for the kansas state university football program should now commence.

michigancat:
I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

ltrain:

--- Quote from: Rick Daris on January 20, 2011, 03:42:46 PM ---2) snyder is just "calming the waters"- he is old and apparently only came back to calm things until a suitable replacement could be found. people who he and the staff are recruiting against are using this against him and his staff. ex.-"hey there 18 yr old four star! why would you go to kansas state when their coach is old and has publicly said that he is just there to "calm the waters"? "

--- End quote ---

This doesn't get brought up enough IMO.  I mean Snyder and staff are bad enough at recruiting as-is. If its between Leach and Snyder then I'm pro-Leach.  If its between Leach, Snyder, RichRod, Wierd Robert or someone else then I might have to sleep on it

Dr Rick Daris:

--- Quote from: michigancat on January 20, 2011, 03:44:39 PM ---I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

--- End quote ---

i don't either. that's why i started the thread. i came up with around a bajillion why leach is the better option right now but could not come up with one for why snyder was the better option. i guess maybe old people money favors snyder. dunno? i think the money would more than work itself out if leach came on board though. people (humans) are insanely horrible on predicting what will make them happy in the future.

ew2x4:

--- Quote from: michigancat on January 20, 2011, 03:44:39 PM ---I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

--- End quote ---

Leach is weird and piratey and hits kids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version