Author Topic: WTF Bill  (Read 11953 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Bill
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »
It is clear that Bill doesn't have a plan. You would think after three years away he would at least have an idea of what, exactly, he wanted to do to "turn things around." But he doesn't. Not a clue. He's indecisive and he's waffling and, oh yeah, he still has hideous assistants who can't recruit or birth 5-star stud QBs or coach.

At least with Ron, you could see that he had a plan. Did his plan fail? Of course. But you could at least see what he was trying to do. His first order of business was to find a stud quarterback. He went and got Josh Freeman. Prince, as dumb as he was, at least understood that in order to give yourself a chance at being a good team you had to have a good quarterback.

Second order of business: Hire good assistants. Since Raheem Morris is the head coach of an NFL team that just went 10-6 in his second season, and because Vanderbilt thought highly enough of James Franklin that they offered him the head coaching job, I'd say that Prince did a nice job of bringing in talented assistants. Again, he could not keep them. He ran them off and treated them all like circus clowns. But his intentions were good.

Third, Prince wanted to get K-State some national exposure. He went out and scheduled games against Auburn and Miami and UCLA and other big-time schools. The move blew up in his face and did not work out as he had planned. But I still give him credit for trying to pump some excitement into a program that had grown stale over the previous two years.

We could go on and on about everything else that was in Ron's binder, but we've already been over all that.

But at least Ron had a binder.

Bill's "plan" is scribbled on an Arby's napkin.

Bill's plan was getting a little better everyday.  Prob is that we need some of these players and assistants to get a lot rough ridin' better everyday, or to GTFO.  

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 11:54:25 AM »
Were people actually happy when LHC Bill Snyder was announced as the head coach?

Yeah, a lot of people were happy.  Even at ksufans there were a lot of people who were excited about it.  I was shocked.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »
Were people actually happy when LHC Bill Snyder was announced as the head coach? I was ecstatic when Prince got canned because I thought we would at least try to get a good coach.

I was happy when Ron was canned, but not when OB got the job AGAIN.  Do we have to endure another Ron Prince or will OB2 suffice?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »
Then why did he fail before?  Why? 

Can the son of bitch even answer that question?  Nope.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
So now that every last fallacy propped up to support the re-hiring of Snyder have officially been debunked, where do we go from here?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
So now that every last fallacy propped up to support the re-hiring of Snyder have officially been debunked, where do we go from here?

Fire Bill.  Seems really easy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »

It's amazing.  Every single argument that was put out there in support of Snyder coming back has been debunked.  All.  They are all rough ridin' gone.

And, notice how he's no longer interested in "calmin waters..." the son of a bitch has already switched into the "it's going to take a long time" rhetoric...AND hooks his kid and his grandson up with benefits along the way.  Ya, your first rough ridin' priority is "calming waters" you jackass   :jerk:

God, I feel sorry for Currie.  He doesn't deserve this.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
I bet Currie is happy as crap right now actually.  Every ridiculous thing Bill does just gets John closer to his ultimate goal of choosing his own football coach. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
I bet Currie is happy as cac right now actually.  Every ridiculous thing Bill does just gets John closer to his ultimate goal of choosing his own football coach. 

Good point.  I guess it's just easier to give Bill a bunch of rope...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
ArchE knocks one out of the park.

The fixation with the tweaking of the process, for improving operations is endless.   As if that is going to get the linebackers to play better or get Chris Cosh to create a better defensive gameplan.  

With that said, I'm all for holding back some rides for the final weeks of recruiting as long as I can be convinced that K-State is going to be in on and land guys that K-State needs that fully plan on  having their future college status settled before or during their final season.    If OB is going to take a "process is more important the substance" approach to this and pass up on kids because they don't want to adhere to his tired old thinking on the "process" . . . then screw that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »
Then why did he fail before?  Why? 

Can the son of bitch even answer that question?  Nope.

Bill does not appreciate your tone young man.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »

It's amazing.  Every single argument that was put out there in support of Snyder coming back has been debunked.  All.  They are all rough ridin' gone.

And, notice how he's no longer interested in "calmin waters..." the son of a bitch has already switched into the "it's going to take a long time" rhetoric...AND hooks his kid and his grandson up with benefits along the way.  Ya, your first rough ridin' priority is "calming waters" you jackass   :jerk:

Funny part about Bill's, "The K-State family is in flux" crap is that it's more "in flux" now than it was during Prince's third season. At least then everybody was united in wanting to run Prince out of town. Now, there is serious division in the "K-State family."

Mom and Dad are in the kitchen fighting. Teenage son is out smoking dope and drinking booze. The young kids are in the living room, and they're screaming. Dog hasn't been fed in days. The bills are late. There's no dinner on the table. And there's a girl who has been raped and left for dead in a bush outside by the garage.

All because of the uncertainty surrounding the K-State football program.

It's sad, really.  :cry:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »

Funny part about Bill's, "The K-State family is in flux" crap is that it's more "in flux" now than it was during Prince's third season. At least then everybody was united in wanting to run Prince out of town. Now, there is serious division in the "K-State family."

Mom and Dad are in the kitchen fighting. Teenage son is out smoking dope and drinking booze. The young kids are in the living room, and they're screaming. Dog hasn't been fed in days. The bills are late. There's no dinner on the table. And there's a girl who has been raped and left for dead in a bush outside by the garage.

All because of the uncertainty surrounding the K-State football program.

It's sad, really.  :cry:

This just in, the baby sitter is also pregnant and says it is bill's.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »
This just in, the baby sitter is also pregnant and says it is bill's.

:thumbsup:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
Just another day in the LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium family.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »
division in the fanbase makes for great bbs'ing, though

catzacker

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »

i'm hoping for just a god awful season next year.  please, god, let cosh be the DC next year.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »
Flying a Bill banner on Family Reunion day would be so unbelievably hilarious. I do think Bill's fate is sealed with a losing season though.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
I think Bill will get the team to 6-6, and it will be just good enough to not get fired.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »
I cannot wait until a billboard is erected.  Can't happen soon enough.  bbs'n will be flat out amazing.  Like take-off-work-to-devote-your-full-day-to-bbs amazing.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »

i'm hoping for just a god awful season next year.  please, god, let cosh be the DC next year.

pretty much a win/win scenario for us bbs'ers.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »

pretty much a win/win scenario for us bbs'ers.

I am already at the point where this won't hurt me a bit.  Might as well have the good bbs'n.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »
High football recruiting IQ types --

Doesn't OB still have plenty of 'ships to give even late in the game?

Not understanding why both early and late recruiting can't be done other than laziness/arrogance.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »
High football recruiting IQ types --

Doesn't OB still have plenty of 'ships to give even late in the game?

Not understanding why both early and late recruiting can't be done other than laziness/arrogance.

When you take out laziness and arrogance there are no reasons left

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »
stubbornness/old timeyness?