Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 171045 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »
Weren't you just talking about stats to prove points instead of "anecdotes and feelings?"  The stats say that Tay had more points and the same number of rebounds and assists as Will playing 24 less minutes. 

Which is it Rusty?

he also had more turnovers.

:dubious:

Can we argue over Will's stat line when he barely registered one?

How can your entire stat line be 2 points, 1 assist, and 2 personal fouls in 37 minutes?  How is that even possible?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 16, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »
Weren't you just talking about stats to prove points instead of "anecdotes and feelings?"  The stats say that Tay had more points and the same number of rebounds and assists as Will playing 24 less minutes. 

Which is it Rusty?

How can your entire stat line be 2 points, 1 assist, and 2 personal fouls in 37 minutes?  How is that even possible?

and zero rebounds! staggering really. But I guess anything is possible when you get yelled at so much you will no longer be able to make a basket ever again.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 16, 2012, 11:57:25 PM »
And?  We've discussed that its nearly impossible to turn the ball over when you only attempt a seven foot guard to guard chest pass.  You know as well as I do that Will's exceptionally low turnover totals are not necessarily a positive for him.

Mike wouldn't have to tell Will "entry passes are a bitch" because he's never tried one.  An entry pass attempt for Will takes the same amount of courage as sky diving.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »

Which is it Rusty?

and zero rebounds! staggering really. But I guess anything is possible when you get yelled at so much you will no longer be able to make a basket ever again.

Haggling about how or why he's scared is dumb.  He's petrified right now, who cares if its because of Frank being mean or because he doesn't know how to handle being shitty?

Kevin Harlan said that he watched KSUs practice today and he couldn't remember seeing Will hit two straight shots.  He said Will looked shook, in practice FFS.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 17, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »

Which is it Rusty?

i was undecided, leaning heavily, but undecided until this. mir wins. let's come back tomorrow and do it again with hopefully a pro will slant.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 17, 2012, 12:07:12 AM »
Can confirm will looked Shitty in practice. I want to like him, but he's making it effing hard.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 17, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »
Haggling about how or why he's scared is dumb.  He's petrified right now, who cares if its because of Frank being mean or because he doesn't know how to handle being shitty?

thanks, discussion police. sheesh. :flush:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 17, 2012, 12:30:33 AM »

thanks, discussion police. sheesh. :flush:

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »
MIR makes it so easy to hate him on the internets. Don't want to kill this for him, but in person he's way better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »
Definitely the same.  Pretty sure people at Pumphouse on Thursday think I'm  :opcat: probably right.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 17, 2012, 12:38:45 AM »
I love mir and I've never met him in person.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 17, 2012, 12:42:27 AM »
spradling sucked, southie was worse.  southie's last few games have been as ugly as he is beautiful.

i'm not really sympathetic to any argument that results in irving getting more minutes.  if spradling is incapable of playing, then the line of succession should skip a generation, like with prince charles and his kid, and go to directly to jones.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #687 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:10 AM »
i'm not really sympathetic to any argument that results in irving getting more minutes.  if spradling is incapable of playing, then the line of succession should skip a generation, like with prince charles and his kid, and go to directly to jones.

I can live with that.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 17, 2012, 12:47:52 AM »

Which is it Rusty?

My original comment on the matter was agreeing with Keitz's assertion that Frank tears his players down and builds them back up.  Yes, one of the components of that is yelling.  But I'm sure there are other things he does as well.  You're taking what I said, and you're twisting it into a more simplistic argument (i.e. Frank yells at Will, therefore his spirit is broken.) than what I'm asserting to try and prove that anyone wanting Will benched is wrong.

Will was not ready for the responsibility that was given to him.  Frank responded to that by giving him more responsibility.  That failed.

The S. Miss game was an embarrassment.  MIR is absolutely, 110% right in everything he's said tonight.  All I'm saying is that I believe Will is where he is now because Frank pushed his buttons trying to get an end result, whatever method that is on whatever given day, it's not working, and to go a step farther, he's playing worse now than he has all season because Frank keeps trotting him out on the court expecting...I have no idea what he's expecting at this point.

Will has shut down.  He looks like a PTSD victim on the court every night, and Frank's response is to play him for 37 minutes during the NCAA tournament.  I mean, hey, for a kid that's struggling with his confidence, the obvious response is to play him more during the most important games of the year.

I understand that Shane and Tay may turn the ball over more than Will most nights, but at least they're willing to TRY making something happen.  And why Frank is completely ignoring Jones is maddening.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »
I like Will, his situation reminds me of Wally except Will used to contribute, but now he doesn't and he still plays.  I want him to do good.  I was having a daydream today about Will reeling off like 4 of 5 three pointers against Cuse and unleashing an explosion of emotion after one of them.  You know, screaming and fistpumping type stuff.  The news of him seeming droopy in practice pretty much ruins that dream.  Sit him down Frank.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 17, 2012, 12:54:19 AM »

I can live with that.

if dpete could've done whatever he needed to do to stick around and get minutes, then jesus huh? fifteen minutes a game for him this year would be fun, no? also, i wouldn't call for irving to get more minutes, but equal or close to will? sure. why not?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 17, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »

I can live with that.

As can I. When I was being racist at the pak'r I was calling for JJ.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 17, 2012, 12:59:37 AM »
Can we make this a get rid of southwell thread too? Cause omg he looked horrible yesterday. Eff his hottness.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 17, 2012, 01:02:17 AM »

I can live with that.

if dpete could've done whatever he needed to do to stick around and get minutes, then jesus huh? fifteen minutes a game for him this year would be fun, no? also, i wouldn't call for irving to get more minutes, but equal or close to will? sure. why not?

Wow, this makes me feel bad that I laughed when 95 left.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 17, 2012, 01:03:14 AM »
Can we make this a get rid of southwell thread too? Cause omg he looked horrible yesterday. Eff his hottness.

Terrible post, please move to fanning stuff :curse:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 17, 2012, 01:04:44 AM »
My original comment on the matter was agreeing with Keitz's assertion that Frank tears his players down and builds them back up.  Yes, one of the components of that is yelling.  But I'm sure there are other things he does as well.  You're taking what I said, and you're twisting it into a more simplistic argument (i.e. Frank yells at Will, therefore his spirit is broken.) than what I'm asserting to try and prove that anyone wanting Will benched is wrong.

I just found an opportunity with you agreeing with keitz's idiocy that I got it in even though it wasn't really relevant.

Will was not ready for the responsibility that was given to him.  Frank responded to that by giving him more responsibility.  That failed.

What responsibility does he have other than play defense and not turn the ball over (since the KU game, at least)? Have you seen what mir is saying? All Will does is swing the ball on offense. THAT'S IT! HOW IS THAT RESPONSIBILITY?

The S. Miss game was an embarrassment.  MIR is absolutely, 110% right in everything he's said tonight.  All I'm saying is that I believe Will is where he is now because Frank pushed his buttons trying to get an end result, whatever method that is on whatever given day, it's not working, and to go a step farther, he's playing worse now than he has all season because Frank keeps trotting him out on the court expecting...I have no idea what he's expecting at this point.

He's expecting him to swing the ball, play defense and not turn the ball over.

I understand that Shane and Tay may turn the ball over more than Will most nights, but at least they're willing to TRY making something happen.  And why Frank is completely ignoring Jones is maddening.

I get that Tay is at more potent offensively (Shane honestly isn't, and that's saying a lot), but Tay taking more shots than Will takes possessions away from Angel, JO, and Rodney. Since the KU game, Angel and JO have been playing really well on offense, so putting Tay out there (or even Jones) for some offense just isn't as necessary as it was earlier in the season.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 17, 2012, 01:08:49 AM »

Terrible post, please move to fanning stuff :curse:
Well eff MIR, I didn't fly this far to watch him hand the ball to the wrong team. I'm not out of line here.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 17, 2012, 01:12:39 AM »

I can live with that.

heck, jeuvol could have helped. I kind of addressed your second question in my last post. With 3 decent offensive weapons on the court, defense and lack of mistakes may be more important than another offensive weapon. You never see Will on the court without Angel or Tay and Tay on the court without Will or Angel. Not sure if that means anything but it's getting kind of late so whatever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 17, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
I agree with everything Rusty just typed.  Frank has made it obvious that he wants Will to do what he is doing.  I think he would be ultimately happy with Will averaging 6 or 7 PPG, 4 or 5 APG, with no more than one or two turnovers and solid defense.  The other three guards are not willing/equipped to play that role.  My frustration with Frank is he's so determined to have this role, my frustration with Will is that his expectations are low yet he continues to underachieve.

I don't want to be lumped into the group of people who don't like Will because he hasn't had a Brady Heslip like game.  I'm pissed because we have to have an entire position on the floor who must play a low risk-low reward role.  He's the LuCo of this team if LuCo was a fragile infant.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 17, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
Will's role has changed; I completely agree with you.  He has the responsibility to not screw up and not be a defensive liability for 30+ minutes a game and hit a couple of shots from the perimeter.

For a kid with shot nerves that's a lot to ask.