Author Topic: I can't believe we suck  (Read 11775 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe we suck
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »
What's embarrassing is when I go look at my posts from October/November and how much I believed the hype.  I mean, I really believed.  I believed Asprilla was going to be great, Spradling was going to be great, Wally would improve, etc.

This year is a 5 month KITN and I stood legs open, facing a steel toed boot in November believing this time the KITN wasn't coming. 

Yeah I think we all did a little bit.  :frown: It's o.k. it's not our fault. *huggingeachandeveryoneofyou* It's not your fault.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:09 PM »
What's embarrassing is when I go look at my posts from October/November and how much I believed the hype.  I mean, I really believed.  I believed Asprilla was going to be great, Spradling was going to be great, Wally would improve, etc.

This year is a 5 month KITN and I stood legs open, facing a steel toed boot in November believing this time the KITN wasn't coming. 

Yeah I think we all did a little bit.  :frown: It's o.k. it's not our fault. *huggingeachandeveryoneofyou* It's not your fault.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:03 AM »
has it been considered that last year we overachieved and this year we are achieving at the normal level - considering our lack of big time talent.  :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:42 AM »
has it been considered that last year we overachieved and this year we are achieving at the normal level - considering our lack of big time talent.  :dunno:

Last year we overachieved, this year we've underachieved.  We aren't stacked with talent, but we have more than enough talent to be better than we've played so far.  We should have 2-3 fewer losses than we have. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »
We have a giant gaping hole at the most important position in basketball. That doesn't help.

catzacker

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »

Last year we overachieved, this year we've underachieved.  We aren't stacked with talent, but we have more than enough talent to be better than we've played so far.  We should have 2-3 fewer losses than we have. 

I’m wondering what next year will bring.  Gipson and Diaz are russell and southwell type talent (from a rivals 150 perspective).  Neither have had an impact in their freshman seasons, and nick can’t even see the floor now because he’s getting Frank’d.  And as it relates to Gipson and Diaz,  we have to factor in the “I’m frank martin and I’m going to yank players in and out to prove points, meanwhile I’ll disregard the fact that the one player that I didn’t do this with as much because I needed to play him – Jake – is the one player that developed the most during his time here”.  We’ll lose our only scoring option/guy that can handle the ball without slippin and falling down at the 1 or 2 next year.  And don’t count on improvement from russell or irving because they can’t get any minutes because they are getting Frank’d around.  And then we lose kelly who, when he plays, is better than anything we have or will have in the post, which isn’t saying much but it tells you how bad we will hurt down low next year.  And let’s not forget that we are trading our 4 games with CU and NU for more games against teams with better talent (A&M, UT, Baylor).   

IMO, throw away next year and put your hopes into 2 years from now –  and that’s only if Frank doesn’t Branderson Asprilluton a variety of players on the roster.  That might be a ncaa tournament team.  Might.  And that’s only if Frank doesn’t hinder the development of the entire f’ing team just to prove points that they will never get without playing experience. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »

I’m wondering what next year will bring.  Gipson and Diaz are russell and southwell type talent (from a rivals 150 perspective).  Neither have had an impact in their freshman seasons, and nick can’t even see the floor now because he’s getting Frank’d.  And as it relates to Gipson and Diaz,  we have to factor in the “I’m frank martin and I’m going to yank players in and out to prove points, meanwhile I’ll disregard the fact that the one player that I didn’t do this with as much because I needed to play him – Jake – is the one player that developed the most during his time here”.  We’ll lose our only scoring option/guy that can handle the ball without slippin and falling down at the 1 or 2 next year.  And don’t count on improvement from russell or irving because they can’t get any minutes because they are getting Frank’d around.  And then we lose kelly who, when he plays, is better than anything we have or will have in the post, which isn’t saying much but it tells you how bad we will hurt down low next year.  And let’s not forget that we are trading our 4 games with CU and NU for more games against teams with better talent (A&M, UT, Baylor).   

IMO, throw away next year and put your hopes into 2 years from now –  and that’s only if Frank doesn’t Branderson Asprilluton a variety of players on the roster.  That might be a ncaa tournament team.  Might.  And that’s only if Frank doesn’t hinder the development of the entire f’ing team just to prove points that they will never get without playing experience. 

Possibly. 

I suppose I count on having more guys that know what they are doing, or at least understand what Frank expects.  It will hurt to lose the talent of Kelly and Pullen though, no doubt.  However, if Frank's MO works, having more experienced guys should at least lead to a NCAA bubble team next season. 

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
I think the team is just sandbagging right now.  Guys decided it would be a real hoot to go from top 3 in the nation, to unranked, and then back up to national champion.  The team just reached stage 2, about to enter stage 3.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »
I think the team is just sandbagging right now.  Guys decided it would be a real hoot to go from top 3 in the nation, to unranked, and then back up to national champion.  The team just reached stage 2, about to enter stage 3.

Worked for some team in '88 right?  :ck:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »

BITB said after the Frank interview was over last night that Frank has told him "we will be better next season".  I personally think that is illogical but I guess I could see Frank believing he will have an entire team that has bought in  :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »

BITB said after the Frank interview was over last night that Frank has told him "we will be better next season".  I personally think that is illogical but I guess I could see Frank believing he will have an entire team that has bought in  :dunno:

This year's team is looking like a bubble team and I think next year's team will also be on the bubble. I don't see them being better next year, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »

maybe he just means that this team sucks?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

It's sad that he's already talking about next season.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:02 PM »

It's sad that he's already talking about next season.

Pretty clear he's not real pleased with his seniors.

Offline j@yh@wks

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »

I could actually sense your frustration through my screen.   Fire frank, fire frank, fire frank, fire frank    :ksu:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
I could actually sense your frustration through my screen.   Fire frank, fire frank, fire frank, fire frank    :ksu:

To be fair, it doesn't exactly take 20-20 BBS vision to see when 'zacker is frustrated.

Offline trumanorme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »
Does anyone think maybe Frank is learning something too? Just asking. He is kinda new to the biz.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
I honestly have a bit of hope for next season :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:49 PM »
I honestly have a bit of hope for next season :dunno:

the lack of expectations will help, imo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
Does anyone think maybe Frank is learning something too? Just asking. He is kinda new to the biz.

no, and no he isn't.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
RIDDLE:  How is the KSU basketball team like the KSU football team???

ANSWER:  They're both mediocre! Get it?!!?
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »
RIDDLE:  How is the KSU basketball team like the KSU football team???

ANSWER:  They're both mediocre! Get it?!!?

badda bing

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:05 PM »
I can't believe this.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
This must be how Texas football was this past season

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
This must be how Texas football was this past season

No because they have ELITE talent coming in, and they will every year.  2010 Texas Football will be a serious exception