Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980789 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2650 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »
In your opinion will he be better than Diaz/Orris?

Tia.

i don't try to independently analyze recruits anymore.  but prolly not.  but he's prolly exactly the same good at sitting on the bench.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: March 22, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »
Guess Diaz would probably have an edge due to experience with the system and D1 basketball in general. Our juco kids he pretty much sucked balls and taint lately so I'm cool with Diaz over Djambo Juice. Bit it doesn't really matter what I think.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: March 22, 2013, 01:22:09 AM »
Might be crazy but I'm #teamDiaz. I want to believe he can go through a Shane-like transformation.  It's not like we're gonna pick up another top 150 big in spring/summer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:30:21 AM by pvegs »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: March 22, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »
Might be crazy but I'm #teamDiaz. I want to believe he can go through a Shane-like transformation.  It's not like we're gonna pick up another top 150 big in spring/summer.

Diaz will forever suck.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: March 22, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »
I really don't think Diaz is all that bad, and he could easily end up being a solid starter for us.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »
I really don't think Diaz is all that bad, and he could easily end up being a solid starter for us.

I think his ceiling is a somewhat ok back up.  Like 7th or 8th man.

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: March 23, 2013, 12:45:24 AM »
Been at the Juco tourney the last couple days. Not sure if anyone is getting Franked/Bruced this summer, but I would give up 2 guys if it meant we got Darius Carter (Vincennes) and Devin Brooks (Iowa Western). They are easily the best 2 unsigned juco guys I saw at the tournament.

Carter is a 6-7 big with a very versatile game and has the ability to be a strech 4. Had 31 tonight against 6-8 and 6-10 guys from NW Florida CC. Hit a couple pick and pop 3's and has a great back to basket post game and knack for offensive rebounding. Would be our best post right now.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Darius-Carter-134538

Devin Brooks was the best guard in the tourney. Definitely outplayed and contained 1st team AA Chris Jones (L'ville signee) yesterday.  Even better, is Brook's quick release and ability to get his own shot at anytime. Big time clutch shooter. Would be a true 2 and has 1 guard ability. Better than anyone on our roster at the guard position as well including ARod.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Devin-Brooks-102471

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: March 23, 2013, 01:06:31 AM »
Been at the Juco tourney the last couple days. Not sure if anyone is getting Franked/Bruced this summer, but I would give up 2 guys if it meant we got Darius Carter (Vincennes) and Devin Brooks (Iowa Western). They are easily the best 2 unsigned juco guys I saw at the tournament.

Carter is a 6-7 big with a very versatile game and has the ability to be a strech 4. Had 31 tonight against 6-8 and 6-10 guys from NW Florida CC. Hit a couple pick and pop 3's and has a great back to basket post game and knack for offensive rebounding. Would be our best post right now.

Devin Brooks was the best guard in the tourney. Definitely outplayed and contained 1st team AA Chris Jones (L'ville signee) yesterday.  Even better, is Brook's quick release and ability to get his own shot at anytime. Big time clutch shooter. Would be a true 2 and has 1 guard ability. Better than anyone on our roster at the guard position as well including ARod.

If Brooks is better than Angel, why the sad looking offer list?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 23, 2013, 08:03:24 AM »

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »

I think that's his HS profile. In any case, kid can ball.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: March 23, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »

I was referring to his current, juco profile. His HS profile was probably better looking.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Devin-Brooks-144983

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: March 23, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »

I was referring to his current, juco profile. His HS profile was probably better looking.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Devin-Brooks-144983

Do not care for

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: March 24, 2013, 09:48:11 AM »
Are there anymore Ron Baker's out there in some small KS town that can ball? 
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2663 on: March 24, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
Can we get a juco guy like Clyburn?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: March 24, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »

I think his ceiling is a somewhat ok back up.  Like 7th or 8th man.

Maybe. He's going to have to really work at it, but if he can put on a little bit more mass and get a little bit tougher, he could be pretty good. He has a pretty nice offensive skill set when he faces up to the basket and great length. 7th or 8th man is where he will probably end up, but I really think his ceiling is starter, making a solid contribution.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: March 24, 2013, 11:11:14 PM »
Another potential wrinkle in the 2013 class:

We've apparently offered and made the most recent top 10 list for this kid.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jon-Severe-136572

Most recently put up 26 points in his high school playoff championship.

Get me guards that can score....
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: March 24, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »
That's a dece offer list. So someone is definitely getting oscar'd here. Is it time to make a poll?

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: March 24, 2013, 11:28:28 PM »
I think it's become very apparent to our staff that we NEED guards that can score next year, especially if we stick with this small line-up. Foster, Thomas, and Severe (if landed) would hopefully alleviate a lot of the scoring pressure on Angel in the backcourt.
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2668 on: March 25, 2013, 12:02:02 AM »
More video on Severe:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: March 25, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »
We've apparently offered and made the most recent top 10 list for this kid.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jon-Severe-136572

this guy actually sounds like a great spring recruit.  i'd trade any of our commits for him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: March 25, 2013, 03:35:12 AM »
Rivals subscribers, who did he cut?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: March 25, 2013, 04:12:54 AM »
Rivals subscribers, who did he cut?

NYCHoops.net spoke with Severe before he left for Albany to participate in the State Championship and he said he would cut his list down on Saturday night. True to his word, Severe texted us his list of ten schools saying, "Not in order: West Virginia, Pitt, Rutgers, Fordham, Seton Hall, Duquesne, George Washington, Kansas State, Boston College, CREIGHTON."

Asked what the ten schools have in common, Severe responded, "Chance of playing a lot as a freshman."

Severe's final ten excludes schools such as Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Xavier, Towson, South Carolina, Alabama, St. Bonaventure, Dayton, Houston and Purdue and actually adds Creighton to the list of offers which was originally at 19 schools.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: March 25, 2013, 07:54:33 AM »
Will could be bumped back to the Energy's role where he should have been anyway.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: March 25, 2013, 09:54:32 AM »
Will could be bumped back to the Energy's role where he should have been anyway.

This is what should happen, but I just don't think oscar would ever do it.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: March 25, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »
I would love to sign Severe, and move Will to backup PG. We'd have to figure out what to to with Thomas when he becomes eligible, but I would much rather have two freshman scorers playing at SG than pizza face. We're probably not going to make much noise next year anyway, so I think we should get our younguns as much experience as possible. Also, putting Will at backup PG would limit his minutes, since Angel will rarely sit.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang