Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980745 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1550 on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
@CollegiateHoops:
Valley (IA) SG Peter Jok '13 is planning on take unofficials to Iowa, Wisconsin, K-State, Louisville & Creighton, per @Richardsonmike2

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Peter-Jok-101326

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 16, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »
New name(sorta) 6'9" 205 PF Gavin Schilling. He grew up in Germany, played HS ball last year in Chicago(at De La Salle with Alvin Ellis), now transferring to Findlay Prep in Vegas for his SR year. Currently playing AAU ball with the Mac Irvin Fire:

"I'm really wide open right now," Schilling said. "I don't have a favorite. I'm probably hearing the most from Oregon State, Kansas State, Washington State, Penn State, Illinois, Louisville, and Vanderbilt."

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1385381

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/145483/gavin-schilling

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 16, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
Sounds like Snow liked what he saw from Hawkins at the Adidas Invite:

"Nathan Hawkins, SG, Dallas Mustangs – There might not have been a better player on the day than Hawkins. In two viewings he was extremely impressive. Hawkins has made his reputation as a shooter, but the 6-foot-4 wing also did a good job of creating for others and going off the bounce a little bit. Add in that he is a good athlete, and this is one of the more unheralded players in the country."

Also in the report linked below is that Hawkins recently visited OK St. and got offered on that visit, other current offers are from KSU, N. Texas, and UT-Arlington. He's also hearing from Tulsa, Wichita State, Creighton, Marquette, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1202445.html

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 16, 2012, 01:00:25 PM »
@CollegiateHoops:
Valley (IA) SG Peter Jok '13 is planning on take unofficials to Iowa, Wisconsin, K-State, Louisville & Creighton, per @Richardsonmike2

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Peter-Jok-101326

Sounds like Jok is just really returning to full speed after a serious knee injury suffered last year. Currently playing AAU ball with the All-Iowa Attack.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1385225

On a related note, wing mania continues. Etherington(in fold), Ellis, Parrish, Hawkins, Hart, Ward, Westicles, Clark, Saddler, and Jok.

Couldn't imagine us taking more than 2 wings in this class, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 16, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 16, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
Jok is just really returning to full speed after a serious knee injury suffered last year. Currently playing AAU ball with the All-Iowa Attack.

it took kstate about three months to turn into mcneck's isu.  and isu two years to turn into martin's kstate.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »
Kentan Facey, blowing up, now looking at double digit offers - UConn, St. John's, UCLA, USC, Pittsburgh, Memphis, Xavier, Dayton, and more.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1385746

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 16, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
Stuff on the Mustangs from Borzello over the weekend, also a blurb on Kendal Harris in the link below:

"Leyton Hammonds has very good size and scoring ability for the perimeter, while Marcus Foster had his 3-point shot falling consistently"

"Balance brings success to Dallas Mustangs

There's no superstar on the Dallas Mustangs AAU team, with Missouri-commit Zach Coleman the lone player even committed to a high-major school. However, they have several very solid prospects on the roster, and have used that to their advantage.

The Mustangs won their three “super pool” games by a combined 65 points, and then defeated the Iowa Barnstormers in the opening round of the playoffs.

“I like this team a lot because we all could go for 20,” Leyton Hammonds said. “It's hard for anybody to guard us. We have it all.”

Hammonds and Coleman have been difficult to guard on the wings, while Marcus Foster is consistent on the perimeter and Soma Edo brings plenty of energy on the inside. Nathan Hawkins is another shooter.

“All of my teammates get involved, and we all share the ball,” Foster said. “I can go off, anyone can go off.”

Foster is hearing from Kansas State, SMU, TCU, Lehigh, Oklahoma and Creighton. Meanwhile, Hammonds has Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Arizona State, TCU and West Virginia on his trail.

Hammonds, who has a 3.7 GPA, also just came back from a visit to Stanford. He plans to make a decision in August."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/recruiting/blog/eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting/19581954/adidas-invitational-day-three-recap

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 16, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
Jok is just really returning to full speed after a serious knee injury suffered last year. Currently playing AAU ball with the All-Iowa Attack.

it took kstate about three months to turn into mcneck's isu.  and isu two years to turn into martin's kstate.

Fascinating.

Why didn't you have a similar condemning response when it was reported that Blueitt will be visiting? In fact, I don't remember you responding at all when that was reported.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Fascinating.

Why didn't you have a similar condemning response when it was reported that Blueitt will be visiting? In fact, I don't remember you responding at all when that was reported.

i don't like your nazi coach, underdog.  we aren't friends anymore.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »
Fascinating.

Wow. It's like Batman and Robin are splitting up, and it's Currie's fault.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 16, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
Fascinating.

Wow. It's like Batman and Robin are splitting up, and it's Currie's fault.

Hell, it's nothing that a couple of beers couldn't solve.  :cheers:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 16, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »

i wish it could, underdog.  but it's like in those books and movies about the civil war, where two people used to be brothers before the war, but then nazis took over parts of the country and one brother turned nazi and the other didn't and they had to kill each other.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 17, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »

i wish it could, underdog.  but it's like in those books and movies about the civil war, where two people used to be brothers before the war, but then nazis took over parts of the country and one brother turned nazi and the other didn't and they had to kill each other.

:katpak:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 17, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »
Nubb is stealing our recruiting list, they just offered Vitto Brown. Brown now has reported offers from
Wisconsin, Kansas State, Iowa State, Minnesota, LaSalle, St. Bonaventure, Boston and a lot of MAC schools. Brwon says he'll probably decide on what official visits to take after the live period is over.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1385838

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 17, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »
Quote from: TheRecruitScoop
Kansas State is now expressing interest in 2013 PF Matthew Atewe of the Northern Kings (CAN).

Not rated. Sounds about right.

"Team Canada had many familiar names in the Nike Global Challenge that coaches are very familiar with. One player coaches got a chance to see that they might not have known a lot about was Matt Etewe, a 6-foot-9 C/PF in the Class of 2013. Etewe will spend next season at Notre Dame Prep and is a member of the 2013 recruiting class.

Etewe definitely looks the part of an athletic post player and his recruitment will be one to track into the fall. Schools are becoming more and more familiar with him and his recruiting list is just beginning to formulate.

“Auburn, Purdue, USC, Marquette, Illinois, St. Bonaventure, and a lot of others,” Etewe told NBE when asked about his recruitment."

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0717/july-evaluation-period-recruiting-notebook-part-i/

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: '13 4-star Josh Hart
« Reply #1566 on: July 17, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
KSU recently offered '13 4-star Josh Hart. Here's an article I put together a couple months back. Good luck at what he brings to the table.

http://socalrecruitspot.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/josh-hart-next-level-success/

Hart says he wants to visit KSU, Villanova, Uconn, Cincy, and Indiana. All have offered except Indiana. His complete offer list is well into the double digits now. Will be interesting to see how he fares with Team Takeover at the Peach Jam. Wants to sign early.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1386071
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:32:09 AM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 17, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »
I have no idea who Blueitt is and why I should care. Thanks Currie and Weber.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 17, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
Trevon Bluiett (wrong thread though) . . . he's going to visit?  Not many 4 star Top 50's crossing K-State's threshold in the last 3 years of Frank's tenure.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 17, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
I have no idea who Blueitt is and why I should care. Thanks Currie and Weber.

Thanks for paying attention.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=8727.250

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 17, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
So did we miss on Semi?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »
So did we miss on Semi?

Not "formally" yet, but most indications are that he will be looking elsewhere - Duke, Indiana, UCLA, Arizona, and Wisconsin have been the main ones he's been mentioning.

Would be great to get an official visit out of him, but I don't know if the odds of that happening are good.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 17, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Nubb is stealing our recruiting list, they just offered Vitto Brown. Brown now has reported offers from
Wisconsin, Kansas State, Iowa State, Minnesota, LaSalle, St. Bonaventure, Boston and a lot of MAC schools. Brwon says he'll probably decide on what official visits to take after the live period is over.

As an adjunct to this post, I got a pretty insidery tip that Tim Miles is planning on putting his ball sack pretty far into oscar's mouth on a regular basis recruiting-wise.  TIFWIW. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 17, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »

As an adjunct to this post, I got a pretty insidery tip that Tim Miles is planning on putting his ball sack pretty far into oscar's mouth on a regular basis recruiting-wise.  TIFWIW.

I would have figured that riding Chin Coleman would be enough for Big Time Timmy Jim, but if oscar is also on his list, well I guess whatever helps him get through the day.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 17, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
Etherington dunking on some white kid