Author Topic: Staying classy as always Big Red N  (Read 2263 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Staying classy as always Big Red N
« on: November 27, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »
Threats prompt Big 12 administrators to skip trip to Lincoln

By BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Big 12 Conference administrators did not send any representatives to Friday's Nebraska-Colorado football game in Lincoln because the league feared for their safety, commissioner Dan Beebe confirmed to the Journal Star on Friday night.

Nebraska fans flooded the Big 12 office with negative e-mails and voice messages this week, some of which Beebe said were threatening. Those messages will be turned over to authorities, he said.

Beebe himself received more than 2,000 e-mails from Nebraska fans after Saturday's game at Texas A&M, when fans and coaches were upset with the officiating in Nebraska's 9-6 loss.

"There were many that were very, very vile, vulgar, disgusting messages, and a lot to administrative assistants and people who don't deserve any of this," Beebe said. "I mean, I'm a big boy, I can take it."

Beebe said a person in the NFL security field, whom he's previously consulted on other matters, advised the Big 12 to steer clear of Lincoln.

"He said we had to take this stuff seriously until we figure out what's going on," Beebe said. "It took us a long time -- of course, it's a holiday week -- to sort through all of those and figure out which ones were threatening, and we're going to turn them over to the authorities and contact the people who left the messages, if we can figure out who they are.

"A lot of them, we can read their numbers. One person was silly enough to put in an e-mail, ‘Are you dead yet? You should be packing a gun.'"

Of the voice mails to Beebe, one said, "If I see you on the street, I'm going to hit you in the head with a bottle and stab you," he said. "Somebody posted something on my daughter's Facebook that was derogatory. Somebody else called and acted like they were impersonating an officer, and said that they have my daughter, and she was unresponsive and they had to take her to the hospital."

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne said he wished not to respond to Beebe's comments.

"They got whatever they got, and they decided not to come," Osborne said. "That's OK. I don't have anything to say about that."

Is Osborne bothered by Nebraska fans sending the messages that Beebe described?

"I've said all I'm going to say. I've had all kinds of e-mails over the years. It's not a problem."

Nebraska, in its final season as a member of the Big 12, clinched the North Division championship with its 45-17 victory against Colorado. But with no Big 12 representatives on hand, there was no trophy presentation in the locker room.

Beebe said allegations from fans and media over a possible conspiracy to keep Nebraska from winning the Big 12 title have no merit.

"If there were a conspiracy, and if officials were involved, it would be easy to have a team lose just about every game possible," Beebe said. "That's a silly notion. Fans don't always think through things clearly. They have emotions on their sleeve."

Of the Texas A&M game, when Nebraska was flagged 16 times and Texas A&M two, Beebe said he had an outside consultant -- a former NFL official -- review the game.

"He thought it was a fairly officiated game," Beebe said, declining to name the person.

Beebe said the messages he received from Nebraska fans are from a small minority, and not representative of what he called one of the best fan bases in the country.

"I want to say -- and I want this clear -- my experience with Nebraska and their fan base and their administrations has been tremendous," Beebe said. "I'm sorry that we're losing such an outstanding institution. I've had a great experience with Chancellor (Harvey) Perlman, and I appreciate what he's done on this whole issue, and what Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini have done about how they want the program to be conducted."

Beebe and other Big 12 office administrators will be on hand when Nebraska plays the South Division champion in the title game Dec. 4 in Arlington, Texas.

Going to miss those hicks.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Fatty

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Staying classy as always Big Red N
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 08:43:57 AM »
Trashiest fans in the country.  Will miss the cable guy and the rest of the whiny element.   :cry:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »
Really thankful we've rid ourselves of this societal cancer.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
Wow, thought that was an onion article at first.  What a bunch of trash.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »
So glad our children and our children's chlidren won't have to be subjected to this vile and hateful boil on humanity.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »
Haters gotta hate.....

Let's get something straight. Every time a coach, his players and his staff walk into a stadium full of tens of thousands charged (and, at times, inebriated) fans, they are risking their well being.

The dangerous potential of mob dynamics is well documented. In truth, it would only take 1% of those in the stadiums to rush the field and create bloody mayhem. It would only take one angry fan to shoot a gun.

And, yet, the coaches and players on one side of the field or the other go out there into the middle of a sea of hostility each and every week. Why? Because they want to. Because they are asked to. Because it's their job. Because they are men.

They also trust the security of the school, the security of the stadium, the campus police, the city police, the state police, the FBI and whomever else is working to ensure their safety.

For Dan Beebe and the rest of the Big 12 officials to say that they didn't show up because they felt threatened is at best disingenuous and at worst pathetic. For them to use that excuse is for them to say that they do not trust the security measures that they, themselves, helped formulate, that they, themselves, ask players and coaches to trust week in and week out.

I believe Dan Beebe is hiding behind a convenient excuse. I believe he would rather look cowardly in comparison to the young men and woman who play the sports that pay his wages than hand a trophy to a program he despises

So long suckers maybe you can win a title in the Mountain West :woot:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »
I bet Beebe planted people in Nebraska to make all those threats so he'd have the convenient excuse.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
Haters gotta hate.....

Let's get something straight. Every time a coach, his players and his staff walk into a stadium full of tens of thousands charged (and, at times, inebriated) fans, they are risking their well being.

The dangerous potential of mob dynamics is well documented. In truth, it would only take 1% of those in the stadiums to rush the field and create bloody mayhem. It would only take one angry fan to shoot a gun.

And, yet, the coaches and players on one side of the field or the other go out there into the middle of a sea of hostility each and every week. Why? Because they want to. Because they are asked to. Because it's their job. Because they are men.

They also trust the security of the school, the security of the stadium, the campus police, the city police, the state police, the FBI and whomever else is working to ensure their safety.

For Dan Beebe and the rest of the Big 12 officials to say that they didn't show up because they felt threatened is at best disingenuous and at worst pathetic. For them to use that excuse is for them to say that they do not trust the security measures that they, themselves, helped formulate, that they, themselves, ask players and coaches to trust week in and week out.

I believe Dan Beebe is hiding behind a convenient excuse. I believe he would rather look cowardly in comparison to the young men and woman who play the sports that pay his wages than hand a trophy to a program he despises

I never thought of it that way.  Bo Pelini is a real American Hero.  Everyone thank Bo Pelini today, without him we wouldn't enjoy the freedoms we have in this country. 

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
Haters gotta hate.....

it was more like 2.5% of your fans that sent e-mails. That's like 80% of your fan base that has access to the internet.
RIP Fatty

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 10:05:06 AM »
I bet Beebe planted people in Nebraska to make all those threats so he'd have the convenient excuse.

Clearly, this was his only choice.  After the game officials failed to bring about Husker losses this season, it was his only option.  Every good conspiracy needs a plan B and I for one am glad Beebe was on top of this one.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »
Haters gotta hate.....

You're right...

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

:flush:

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
They didn't get a trophy presentation because of their trashy coaching staff.  Bo Pelini & Co are horrible. Every time they lose, it's a conspiracy and the Big 12's fault.  I wish the Big 12 officials would have just driven by the stadium and chucked the north division trophy out of the car window, busting it into pieces. There's your frackin trophy presentation, bitches.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
"Are you dead yet? You should be packing a gun.'"

:horrorsurprise:

"If I see you on the street, I'm going to hit you in the head with a bottle and stab you,"

:horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

"I just kidnapped and killed Dan Beebe's daughter."

:horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »
Really thankful we've rid ourselves of this societal cancer.

no doubt, let the big 10 deal with them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »
Bo is too classy for those whiners. 

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 11:55:09 AM »
So the officials made them drop all those passes against a bad Texas team?
Dax fan club member!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »
Wow. Sounds like Dan Beebe is a real bad person.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:54 PM »
Haters gotta hate.....

Agreed.  Literally hundreds of instances of opposing college football fans attacking the opposing team en masse.  Well thought out.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 02:02:26 PM »
Haters gotta hate.....

You're right...

IT'S A CORNSPIRACY!

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

:flush:

fixed.   :blank:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever