Author Topic: RoyalsWild: Doing it the Right way.  (Read 4357 times)

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: RoyalsWild: Doing it the Right way.
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
Holy crap, Havs, you're defending DES MOINES?! :lol:

Yea, because going to the 22nd largest mall in the country just completely sucks. Going to West Glen TownCentre and watching a comedy show at the Funny Bone or going to the many bars in that district sucks. Going to every major chain of a store or restaurant sucks. Going out on the town on Court Avenue sucks. Going to a concert at the 17,000 seat Wells Fargo Arena sucks. Taking a girl out on the riverwalk sucks and will never get me anywhere. I'll keep going, but Des Moines just totally sucks, you are right. Having all of this within 20 minutes of the campus of the college I attend totally sucks. I'd rather drive 2 hours to Kansas City. NOT. If Des Moines doesn't have what I need, I can go an extra hour farther than the distance from Manhattan to Kansas City and go from Ames to Minneapolis to Mall of America, one of the biggest mall in the United States, a brand new Twins ballpark, the loudest hockey venue in the country, lakes, Uptown, Downtown,  etc. I'll take having Des Moines closer and then just going an extra hour farther to Minneapolis. Minneapolis >>>>>> Kansas City. :runaway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_shopping_malls_in_the_United_States

http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/d/db/Des_Moines_skyline_dusk.jpg <---- This picture totally sucks!!

http://www.jordancreektowncenter.com/ <---- This mall totally sucks!!

http://www.panoramio.com/user/3237344/tags/Des%20Moines <---- These pictures I took of Des Moines totally suck

I can't believe I just defended Des Moines, its such a horrible place!!!  :jerk:

Just got back from des moines no more than 20 minutes ago.  Your mall is better than oak park, based entirely on the fact that you have a Brooks Bros.  But other than that I laugh at this debate.  Des Moines tallest building has more floors, but KC Place One is still taller.  Higher ceilings = elite.  And Jordan Creek is like a watered down version of Town Center, without the rich jewish teenagers.

And the skyline is laughable.  The Des Moines Club building is the only tall building, that picture uses strong myspace angles.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:14:11 PM by EMAWmeister »

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »
The Ames "20 minutes from awesomeness" debate is, let's face it, bunk. But being 2-3 hrs from TC is much more legit than being two hours from KC. Except the whole winter thing. Also the accents are just stupid.

Final result: Havs wins the 'closest to a better metro area' argument but there is NO winner in the 'easier place to recruit to' argument. UT, CU and *maybe* OU are the only places that can consider themselves to be in a metro area which will attract 'cruits within the B12. :comehere:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
The Ames "20 minutes from awesomeness" debate is, let's face it, bunk. But being 2-3 hrs from TC is much more legit than being two hours from KC. Except the whole winter thing. Also the accents are just stupid.

Final result: Havs wins the 'closest to a better metro area' argument but there is NO winner in the 'easier place to recruit to' argument. UT, CU and *maybe* OU are the only places that can consider themselves to be in a metro area which will attract 'cruits within the B12. :comehere:

So your suggesting we talk about practice facilities?? In particular our new basketball practice facility? or the Bergstrom Indoor Football practice facility??

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »

So your suggesting we talk about practice facilities?? In particular our new basketball practice facility? or the Bergstrom Indoor Football practice facility??

pffft. Sure. Let's go ahead and talk about practice facilities. Meanwhile I'll call The General. :lol:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?