Author Topic: Not unlike flood waters, confidence rising at cyclone fanatic  (Read 50818 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Not unlike flood waters, confidence rising at cyclone fanatic
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »
If the Big 12 was Parks & Rec, Iowa State would be Jerry.

well that's really good/funny

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
A nice rant by Okie Lite over on the WVU site:

Just STFU.  Trying to act like a bada$$ because of ticket sales is pathetic.  Seriously no other fan base in the conference would act tough over attendance because the rest of us have accomplished something on the field. Literally everybody but ISU has accomplished something in the last decade.  When are you going to accomplish something other than being dead weight for the Big 12?  You give no recruiting, no TV markets, no success on the field, our fans don't' care about playing you, etc...  You are not even worth 10 million on our TV contract so basically all you do in this conference is cash Big 12 welfare checks.  ISU road games have the least fan interest and the lowest attendance/cheapest ticket prices.  Seriously you bring nothing to this conference.   

ISU sucks at everything and has never accomplished squat in FB.  Heisman's, BCS bowls, and conference championships are things you will never accomplish.

Yes you attendance is great but that is because there is nothing else do in Iowa.  Attendance does not equal success.  Success is determined on the field.

We charge more than you do for tickets.  Selling cheap tickets doesn't accomplish anything financially, just means more people pay less to watch you lose games. If you call that a win good for you. 

More people watch you lose games than just about anybody else in the conference.  They even pay to sit on a grassy hillside to watch you lose.  Congrats, you finally found something you are good at.

Here is a recap of ISU football
Aren't $h!t, Were never $h!t, Never going to be $h!t.  Congrats, that's a great history!

:lol:

He has a point, they literally contribute nothing to the conference.

They're an easy win (nice to have more than just KU for that) and they also made this happen.  Not much, but something.

honestly probably my fave fatty video
emaw

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »
Someone might still be a little bitter.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »

Seems that way.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »

Seems that way.
I hear he's dealt well with that plane crash

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »

Seems that way.

Actually the Okie Lite guy hates all the North teams, both current and former, and seems to have a particular dislike for KU and ISU judging by the pissing matches he gets into.  He has let it be known his preference to keep Texoma intact at all costs and would even want to kick the north schools out of the conference if he had his way.  Obviously he wants OSU to have the greatest recruiting advantage as possible by playing more games in Texas and denying equal access to the north schools like it used to be in the divisional format.  The guy comes off as a class A jerk, but I admit it can be funny at times when he attacks other schools as in the example above.  And yes, I am quite sure he is bitter about that ISU game two years ago.   

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »

Seems that way.

Actually the Okie Lite guy hates all the North teams, both current and former, and seems to have a particular dislike for KU and ISU judging by the pissing matches he gets into.  He has let it be known his preference to keep Texoma intact at all costs and would even want to kick the north schools out of the conference if he had his way.  Obviously he wants OSU to have the greatest recruiting advantage as possible by playing more games in Texas and denying equal access to the north schools like it used to be in the divisional format.  The guy comes off as a class A jerk, but I admit it can be funny at times when he attacks other schools as in the example above.  And yes, I am quite sure he is bitter about that ISU game two years ago.

Honestly, the guy sounds like a complete idiot in that rant.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »

Seems that way.

All so we could lose in the Pinstripe Bowl!  :flush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
If the Big 12 was Parks & Rec, Iowa State would be Jerry.

well that's really good/funny

Without Christie Brinkley of course, this Jerry has no wife or kids.