Author Topic: scenario  (Read 8272 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: scenario
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
I think your friend should make token efforts though of calling the person whose info the hotel has, even it's just leaving a confused wtf message with somebody.   That'd show your friend was taken completely aback today and is just trying to figure out what's best to do for them while you're stranded there.

This is the correct course of action.  No question.  Rightly or wrongly, calling them as soon as you can adds to your credibility.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »
I think your friend should make token efforts though of calling the person whose info the hotel has, even it's just leaving a confused wtf message with somebody.   That'd show your friend was taken completely aback today and is just trying to figure out what's best to do for them while you're stranded there.

This is the correct course of action.  No question.  Rightly or wrongly, calling them as soon as you can adds to your credibility.

Agreed.  No need to make it complicated, just a call that says, "Hey, this e-mail said the training was this date so I planned my trip accordingly, but when I got here I was told the training was earlier.  Just wanted to call and try to confirm which date was correct."

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »
Don't think your friend should do anything until he gets back.  I mean whats done is done...he showed up when he thought he was supposed to but was given the wrong date...and he's got proof of that.  Can't do anything about it now.  Tell your friend to enjoy the pool and don't sweat it.

:thumbsup:
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:07 PM »
Don't think your friend should do anything until he gets back.  I mean whats done is done...he showed up when he thought he was supposed to but was given the wrong date...and he's got proof of that.  Can't do anything about it now.  Tell your friend to enjoy the pool and don't sweat it.

:thumbsup:

Head-in-sand strategy.  Although it is both popular and effective in many personal situ's, especially ones that includes women and/or liquor, it is never well received in business.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
friend went ahead and got a # and called. just got voice mail though. left a message w/ his territory rep explaining that he got an email that said the 22nd but that he didn't have access to it right now and would forward it to her when he got back. apoligized for the mixup but said he was just going by what the email said. told her to call if she wanted and that he'd forward the email when he got back. he doesn't plan on answering his cell if she calls.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »
Did this company putting on the training pay for his flight ahead of time, or reimbursed type deal?

If they paid ahead and saw plans to fly in before Sunday they probably assumed he would be there on time and what not to see the scheduled training times/dates. 

Theres not many ways I can see this being your Steve Irwin friend being in the wrong. Besides not having e-mail access outside of work  :curse: who does that!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
Did this company putting on the training pay for his flight ahead of time, or reimbursed type deal?

If they paid ahead and saw plans to fly in before Sunday they probably assumed he would be there on time and what not to see the scheduled training times/dates. 

Theres not many ways I can see this being your Steve Irwin friend being in the wrong. Besides not having e-mail access outside of work  :curse: who does that!

yeah. company is a big company. really big. they have a travel division that scheduled his flights for him. he's gone to a couple of these things before and never had a problem. there were probably somewhere around 30-50 other people there for the training who got the same deal. kind of funny. could get complicated though cause they paid for training that he did not technically receive which could be a big  :nono: given what he does and who he works for. best if he and the rep can keep this between themselves at this point.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
friend went ahead and got a # and called. just got voice mail though. left a message w/ his territory rep explaining that he got an email that said the 22nd but that he didn't have access to it right now and would forward it to her when he got back. apoligized for the mixup but said he was just going by what the email said. told her to call if she wanted and that he'd forward the email when he got back. he doesn't plan on answering his cell if she calls.

Nice.  Now he can get full-on sozzled while lounging by the pool.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »
Tell your friend that if he is going to get dinged for this SNAFU to make it worth it and get wasted on the expense account.  He will feel like a total idiot if he has to take hell from his boss and all he did was sit in his room having anxiety attacks about it.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 06:17:52 PM »
Tell your friend that if he is going to get dinged for this SNAFU to make it worth it and get wasted on the expense account.  He will feel like a total idiot if he has to take hell from his boss and all he did was sit in his room having anxiety attacks about it.

friend doesn't have an expense account for this trip per se. it's in his best interest not to. he did however go to the airport at five today for his flight back home, only to find out that the initial flight was delayed and he wouldn't be able to make his connecting flight home tonight. guess what that means??? he had to call work and tell them to cancel everything for tomorrow and delta put him up in a hotel prolonging his work/training free training. best trip ever or worst trip ever? i vote best. he's gonna get kinda solo pak'd for the big monday game tonight.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »
What ended up happening with your friend?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »
What ended up happening with your friend?

he had to order some wings and a seven bud light bottles from tgi fridays a block away from his hotel room that delta set him up in cause it didn't even have a bar or restaurant in it and instead had a tgi fridays menu in the room w/ instructions that they would deliver room service.

also, the rep called him back and said that, yeah they wondered where he was and if he was still there to feel free to stop by a tradeshow type thing that they were having. he didn't. he got back to work today and forwarded two different emails that listed the wrong date and said that he would still be up for attending future events but would make sure to confirm times/dates. my guess is that they'll let him go to whatever he wants cause he really does order a good amount of stuff from them and could easily stop at any time. he hasn't heard anything back yet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:36:04 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
Daris, is this friends name also Rick?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
Daris, is this friends name also Rick?

dunno. don't really know him all that well.  :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
Friend of Rick Daris,

Thank you.  I am sorry for the confusion and hope that this will in no
way hinder your decision to continue to work with us.  It was a simple
mistake and has been a valuable lesson for us going forward.  We will
ensure confirmation of the training date on all correspondence and
travel paperwork in the future.  Please accept my sincere apologies and
know that you are always welcome to attend our trainings.

Kindest Regards,

Keri

:lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »
Friend of Rick Daris,

Thank you.  I am sorry for the confusion and hope that this will in no
way hinder your decision to continue to work with us.  It was a simple
mistake and has been a valuable lesson for us going forward.  We will
ensure confirmation of the training date on all correspondence and
travel paperwork in the future.  Please accept my sincere apologies and
know that you are always welcome to attend our trainings.

Kindest Regards,

Keri

:lol:

Given your description of the situation, this is pretty much exactly the response I would have expected.   :cheers:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »
good job Daris's friend!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »
this keri chick sounds like a real whore...