Author Topic: Challenge to fellow Cat fans to show sportsmanship at the DSS.  (Read 1480 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Challenge to fellow Cat fans to show sportsmanship at the DSS.
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on the board yet, so I thought I'd send out a challenge to my fellow cat fans who will be in Lawrence on Thursday night.

Remember that we at Kansas State University are above violence and verbal abuse of opposing players, coaches and fans.  Remember also that it is our duty to promote sportsmanship at all cost no matter how small the ramifications of our actions may be.  

Just because, as history shows, nothing bad will happen to you if you tear down the Kivisto Field goal posts, doesn't mean that you should.  In fact it would show your KSU class by not doing so and politely applauding the Jayhawk football team and thanking the KU faithful for being such gracious hosts.

Even though verbally and physically abusing KU fans likely to be met with little to no resistance, that doesn't mean that that you should commit these heinous acts.  Physical assault no matter how small that chance for retribution or retaliation is something a Wildcat fan just doesn't commit.  

HERE IS TO A GOOD CLEAN CONTEST AND A GREAT EVENING HAD BY WILDCAT AND JAYHAWK ALIKE

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge to fellow Cat fans to show sportsmanship at the DSS.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:49:42 PM »
f*ck that. Im shitting on everybody.
EMAW

Offline Scotch McAngus

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:50:33 PM »
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on the board yet, so I thought I'd send out a challenge to my fellow cat fans who will be in Lawrence on Thursday night.

Remember that we at Kansas State University are above violence and verbal abuse of opposing players, coaches and fans.  Remember also that it is our duty to promote sportsmanship at all cost no matter how small the ramifications of our actions may be.  

Just because, as history shows, nothing bad will happen to you if you tear down the Kivisto Field goal posts, doesn't mean that you should.  In fact it would show your KSU class by not doing so and politely applauding the Jayhawk football team and thanking the KU faithful for being such gracious hosts.

Even though verbally and physically abusing KU fans likely to be met with little to no resistance, that doesn't mean that that you should commit these heinous acts.  Physical assault no matter how small that chance for retribution or retaliation is something a Wildcat fan just doesn't commit.  

HERE IS TO A GOOD CLEAN CONTEST AND A GREAT EVENING HAD BY WILDCAT AND JAYHAWK ALIKE

YEH!  What he said!  I have a fragile ego!  Please don't make fun of me!
Staff Writer for www.WavingTheWheat.com

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
Also, don't make fun of the track.  It makes them very self conscious.

Offline Scotch McAngus

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »

TRUTH!  Please also refrain from any (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) references.  Actual (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) people might hear you! 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:58:58 PM »

TRUTH!  Please also refrain from any (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) references.  Actual (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) people might hear you! 

case in point

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
For instance, if you see Scott McAngus or his wife and you threaten violence or punch either of them in the mouth until it bleeds you probably will get away with it scott-free.  I know this is true from my previous trips to the previously unsponsored Sunflower Showdown.  Still, it doesn't mean that doing so would be a good thing, it wouldn't.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Scotch McAngus

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
For instance, if you see Scott McAngus or his wife and you threaten violence or punch either of them in the mouth until it bleeds you probably will get away with it scott-free.  I know this is true from my previous trips to the previously unsponsored Sunflower Showdown.  Still, it doesn't mean that doing so would be a good thing, it wouldn't.

KSU Athletic Department has put out a for dealing with KU fans while you are  enjoying our fair city.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
I'm going to pretend the track isn't there OR that tons of great football stadiums have large tracks between the seats and the field.  I urge you to do the same.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »
Whatever you do, please....please don't rip their rough ridin' heads off.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
Looking forward to a report on how that fight song clapping thing is going. Tia

Offline kcpowercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
It's been awhile since I've been there, are fans allowed to USE the track to get their laps in they may be missing by attending the contest?   :dunno: 

Critical info so I know if I should pack the Nike Dri Fit or not.