Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 141528 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #2050 on: May 19, 2024, 02:34:37 PM »
So amazing to see a band you love in a setting like that. I'm rarely jealous but I'm very jealous of that experience. But mostly happy for my friend and good person, Pete

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: May 19, 2024, 07:41:43 PM »
So amazing to see a band you love in a setting like that. I'm rarely jealous but I'm very jealous of that experience. But mostly happy for my friend and good person, Pete
:love:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: May 20, 2024, 07:33:16 AM »
It looked very cool in the pictures.  I'm hoping to catch a concert that I love there but will probably settle for whatever is in town next time I'm in Vegas.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: May 20, 2024, 07:37:40 AM »
It looked very cool in the pictures.  I'm hoping to catch a concert that I love there but will probably settle for whatever is in town next time I'm in Vegas.

The production dude we talked to mentioned that Lady Gaga and Eagles were both rumored in the future. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: May 28, 2024, 09:11:28 PM »
Saw the Mavericks at Knuckleheads on Friday.  Always fun.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: May 30, 2024, 06:22:10 PM »
took my eldest daughter to Z Bryan tonight.  She was super excited but she saw Taylor at arrowhead so this wasn't as big of a deal.  Was a great show, I really didn't know how popular he was.  Crowd was really young and they drank hard, ran the taps out of space camper in my area.  he started really late (9:30 so probably signs of getting old x-post).  Good performer, musician, songs all sound similar.

I will likely put him into my rotation but not heavy.  I had fun, mostly because it was dad time with a little girl who is growing up way too gd fast but I also enjoyed the vibe and music.  will probably go again when he's back next summer

concert t-shirts are now $55

Also, she got to be in the car when dad got pulled over for a headlight out on the way home!  what an adventure

Huge Zach Bryan fan here but not a huge concert person (Last concert I bought tickets to was Cross Canadian Ragweed at the wareham when I was in college). I really wanted to go to this concert last year but since Zach Bryan does some thing where you can only buy his tickets on his website with no resale etc I ended up buying tickets to his show this year like 1 year in advance.

Just remembered and looked it up, looks like I will be having a great Tuesday night on August 20th at the sprint center.

:gocho:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: May 30, 2024, 06:23:04 PM »
took my eldest daughter to Z Bryan tonight.  She was super excited but she saw Taylor at arrowhead so this wasn't as big of a deal.  Was a great show, I really didn't know how popular he was.  Crowd was really young and they drank hard, ran the taps out of space camper in my area.  he started really late (9:30 so probably signs of getting old x-post).  Good performer, musician, songs all sound similar.

I will likely put him into my rotation but not heavy.  I had fun, mostly because it was dad time with a little girl who is growing up way too gd fast but I also enjoyed the vibe and music.  will probably go again when he's back next summer

Also, she got to be in the car when dad got pulled over for a headlight out on the way home!  what an adventure

Huge Zach Bryan fan here but not a huge concert person (Last concert I bought tickets to was Cross Canadian Ragweed at the wareham when I was in college). I really wanted to go to this concert last year but since Zach Bryan does some thing where you can only buy his tickets on his website with no resale etc I ended up buying tickets to his show this year like 1 year in advance.

Just remembered and looked it up, looks like I will be having a great Tuesday night on August 20th at the sprint center.

Holy crap me too benji

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: May 30, 2024, 06:26:36 PM »

Holy crap me too benji

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg...respectfully...You were still playing with legos the last time Cross Canadian Ragweed played in the Wareham.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: May 30, 2024, 06:32:36 PM »

I was trying to fall asleep a couple weeks ago, and I thought of Cross Canadian Ragweed. My question: Is that an intentional nod to CCR?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: May 31, 2024, 08:56:54 AM »
May try and catch Arcade Fire in Portugal. They headline the first night which is basically the day we get there so i'm not sure i'll be able to pull it off. If my bod can take it, I figure it would be a good way to scope out the festival before our show a couple days later. Plus, i'd really like to catch Arcade Fire.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: May 31, 2024, 11:48:31 AM »

I was trying to fall asleep a couple weeks ago, and I thought of Cross Canadian Ragweed. My question: Is that an intentional nod to CCR?

Its a play on the last name of the band members...Cross..Canada...Ragsdale

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: May 31, 2024, 09:25:11 PM »
hell yeah we’re going to sarah mclachlan next weekend

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: May 31, 2024, 09:31:22 PM »
hell yeah we’re going to sarah mclachlan next weekend
A little poetry courtesy of Sarah McLachlan. Nice.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 02, 2024, 02:35:40 PM »
Took my daughters (9 & 7) to Brit Floyd last night. It’s a tribute band that has licensed with Pink Floyd & they have the full light/laser show with the circular screen. It was almost 3 hours long. They loved it.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 02, 2024, 06:47:02 PM »
Goose on Tuesday the 11th at Midland!