Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1385675 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #16500 on: May 22, 2024, 06:06:47 PM »
Pete, known racist
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16501 on: May 22, 2024, 06:38:13 PM »
If you aren't in some elite F1 party I'm sure it's like every other racing event. Sit there and watch cars go by having no real idea what is happening, probably even worse on a road course.

I tried one Nascar and indycsr event when KS opened, decided it was not for me. Seemed incredible waste of time.

I watched the F1 Vegas one and was only interested when I could see a Vegas monument

"has anyone been to an F1 race, maybe in Europe"

"based on my experience at a nascar race at kansas speedway, it would suck"

lol love ya phil

A car race is a car race. The F1 allure is the glitz right?

No

Not to go off track here but what is the difference in F1 vs Nascar or indycar?

Cars and tracks and rules and storylines and global presence. No ovals in F1 is probably the biggest along with races all over the world and also the cars are faster and more advanced than the others.

So car racing with fancy presence/parties. Going faster isn't a different experience. Indycar does road tracks and so does Nascar right?

I get there maybe differences to the trained racing eye but I wasn't getting that level of depth from the original question hence my original answer.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16502 on: May 22, 2024, 07:54:57 PM »

If you aren't in some elite F1 party I'm sure it's like every other racing event. Sit there and watch cars go by having no real idea what is happening, probably even worse on a road course.

I tried one Nascar and indycsr event when KS opened, decided it was not for me. Seemed incredible waste of time.

I watched the F1 Vegas one and was only interested when I could see a Vegas monument

lol love ya phil

No

Cars and tracks and rules and storylines and global presence. No ovals in F1 is probably the biggest along with races all over the world and also the cars are faster and more advanced than the others.

So car racing with fancy presence/parties. Going faster isn't a different experience. Indycar does road tracks and so does Nascar right?

I get there maybe differences to the trained racing eye but I wasn't getting that level of depth from the original question hence my original answer.

LOL ok phil

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: May 24, 2024, 01:11:22 PM »

lol love ya phil

No

F1 cars can finish the race on a single tank of gas.  So if you are into that hot re-fueling action, F1 is not for you.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: May 24, 2024, 01:16:39 PM »
honestly I'd prefer being around a giant group of KS Nascar fans to what I imagine the Euro F1 fan archetype to be. maybe I'm being a bigot towards slimy, smelly euros here though.
Honestly I'd bet hardcore Kansas NASCAR fans and hardcore Euro F1 fans are very similar but overall agree I'd prefer the Kansas interactions

The euro fans are smellier and also smoke cigs 24/7

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16505 on: May 24, 2024, 01:24:53 PM »

lol love ya phil

No

F1 cars can finish the race on a single tank of gas.  So if you are into that hot re-fueling action, F1 is not for you.
I did not know that

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: May 24, 2024, 03:13:33 PM »
honestly I'd prefer being around a giant group of KS Nascar fans to what I imagine the Euro F1 fan archetype to be. maybe I'm being a bigot towards slimy, smelly euros here though.
Honestly I'd bet hardcore Kansas NASCAR fans and hardcore Euro F1 fans are very similar but overall agree I'd prefer the Kansas interactions

The euro fans are smellier and also smoke cigs 24/7

But they're (females) also more promiscuous, so you could probably F1.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16507 on: May 24, 2024, 03:37:03 PM »
:ROFL:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: May 24, 2024, 04:20:44 PM »
Spracs has been relying on the secondary pitches lately but nice to see he can still reach back and touch 95 when he needs to

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: May 24, 2024, 04:53:31 PM »
Now that I am allowed to travel out of the country again ( :gocho:), has anyone been to the Hyatt all-inclusives in Jamaica?

I'm interested in the Hyatt Zilara (the adults-only one), but am not sure if it's worth the Points. Any trusted gE global citizens have thoughts on Jamaican resorts?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16510 on: May 24, 2024, 04:59:50 PM »
Good question WM, Jamaica is probably going to be my next Caribbean destination.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: May 24, 2024, 05:17:27 PM »
Good question WM, Jamaica is probably going to be my next Caribbean destination.

Of all the places I've been in the Caribbean, and there are many, I enjoyed Jamaica the least. Maybe consider the USVI or BVI, if you haven't been.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: May 24, 2024, 05:51:10 PM »
I went to Yosemite this weekend and holy crap. I'd never been before and now I don't know how people don't lose their complete crap after visiting. It's amazing. (And a four hour drive away) :sdeek:

I think for fall break we are flying to Fresno & doing Yosemite/Sequoia. Any pro-tips?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: May 24, 2024, 06:03:56 PM »
I went to Yosemite this weekend and holy crap. I'd never been before and now I don't know how people don't lose their complete crap after visiting. It's amazing. (And a four hour drive away) :sdeek:

I think for fall break we are flying to Fresno & doing Yosemite/Sequoia. Any pro-tips?
I was in Fresno in January visiting a friend and we didn’t do Yosemite but we ate at two really good places.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZJsZKtfUxDwZow7e7?g_st=ic

https://maps.app.goo.gl/AaxQXUzeStDMtvAK9?g_st=ic
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: May 24, 2024, 06:33:16 PM »

A lot of the waterfalls will be dry by then but should still be fun. If you aren't staying in the park get in as early as possible - I would guess it isn't bad in the fall but still a good idea just in case. There are a lot of really popular trails but if you are in halfway decent shape you can go on a longer hike and get away from crowds pretty easily. Tuolumne Meadows is probably worth a day.

Also I've never been to Sequoia but there is a sequoia grove in Yosemite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16515 on: May 25, 2024, 08:35:03 AM »

Of all the places I've been in the Caribbean, and there are many, I enjoyed Jamaica the least. Maybe consider the USVI or BVI, if you haven't been.

Agreed. Jamaica is bottom of the revisit list.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: May 25, 2024, 04:57:28 PM »

what do you want to know?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: May 28, 2024, 12:22:08 PM »

Anything you’d suggest to someone if you were having a 5 minute conversation & you knew they were going. “Stay here, do this, don’t do that…” ect. We’re just in the starting to plan phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: May 28, 2024, 12:23:32 PM »
How many days?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16519 on: May 28, 2024, 12:31:36 PM »
4-6 days. Not defined. Probably a couple days in each park, a day in between. My kids have the week off from school. I’ll just take the whole week of, so whatever.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: June 03, 2024, 07:54:28 PM »
Another question for my elite international traveling bros. Am updating info for my flights home and noticed that Lufthansa (spell???) wants more money to select seats. I'm prob going to just pay it to make it easy, but I was curious if this is just a trick and they will seat my family together anyway. Again, I'm prob just paying to make sure, and I bet a very high % of people do and they just LOL at getting another $200 and would have sat my kid next to me anyway. 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: June 03, 2024, 08:14:13 PM »
My guess is all of you would be in middle seats in completely different rows and then you'd be the bad person asking if anyone in the aisle can switch so you can sit next to your child

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: June 03, 2024, 10:16:27 PM »

Anything you’d suggest to someone if you were having a 5 minute conversation & you knew they were going. “Stay here, do this, don’t do that…” ect. We’re just in the starting to plan phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry, didn't see that you'd responded.

i like sequoia more than yosemite, except maybe in the lowest of the low season.  they (yosemite) have a reservation system now though, maybe that helps with the crowds.  if you want to get away from people (a little bit, there are people everywhere), the natl forest is pretty nice and way less crowded than the parks.  one trick might be to just drive through yosemite since you'll be there anyways and spend a couple days on the east side of the sierras.  same thing thing in sequoia, you can drive through the park to access nf land that sees less traffic than a lot of other spots since park visitors stay in the park and nf users don't want to pay the park entrance fee.

pretty easy to eat well in fresno.  we have good strip mall dining.  pretty far from the parks though.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: June 03, 2024, 10:19:43 PM »
Another question for my elite international traveling bros. Am updating info for my flights home and noticed that Lufthansa (spell???) wants more money to select seats. I'm prob going to just pay it to make it easy, but I was curious if this is just a trick and they will seat my family together anyway. Again, I'm prob just paying to make sure, and I bet a very high % of people do and they just LOL at getting another $200 and would have sat my kid next to me anyway.

we never pay and usually get decent seats.  probably will be pretty easy to switch once on the plane if you don't, assuming someone in your party is willing to take a middle seat.  no one wants to sit next to a lone child.