Author Topic: Guys, I think that just did it  (Read 12415 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I think that just did it
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
oscar was caught on camera muttering "eff me" during yet another blown home game. He feels the pressure and I'd say that there have been talks with him by the bossman on his job performance.

Yeah, there is clearly plenty of pressure there, both on oscar and the players. No one has handled it well either, but this should be no surprise. oscar was in this situation once before and everything fell apart then too.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
I'd love to hear their discussions in the office about that gif

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »
i really don't think currie and oscar have had anything close to a performance review.  that stuff comes after the season. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:59 AM »
i really don't think currie and oscar have had anything close to a performance review.  that stuff comes after the season. 

As it should.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
don't mean an office w/ oscar in it if you were responding to me

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:28 AM »
amazing cast of characters in that q&a - really felt like #family

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2017, 12:04:30 PM »
smellinger is way better than smellis at stuff like that

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »

As it should.

I agree there probably hasn't been a performance review, but I think there have been conversations about what oscar says to the media.  I have noticed that he hasn't mentioned the play hard chart in a while.  Now, that could be because we have probably been getting our asses kicked on the play hard chart and there is no point in talking about it, but I think even in those situations in the past he would bring it up.  I wonder if Self's jab at oscar a few weeks ago had something to do with this, or if Currie has just told oscar to cool it on the play hard chart talk.  I didn't get to listen to post game after the texas win, so I don't know if it came up then.  Fairly sure I didn't hear about it after ISU and OSU games.

Maybe Currie has finally spoken with him on saying stupid crap in post game.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
if currie has gotten to the point that he's instructing the oscar on what to say to the media, then his cake is cooked

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2017, 02:46:27 PM »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »
I probably shouldn't laugh because obviously he has some issues but  :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »
Ha, Joe Davis was bitching about that same guy earlier, for kubball crime comment reasons.

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »
if currie has gotten to the point that he's instructing the oscar on what to say to the media, then his cake is cooked
810 last night Danny asked Stan about oscar's comment that "we don't have any NBA players" after the game.  Stan was talking about "no limitations" preached by LCHBS. It kind of caught Stan off guard and he finally conceded it wasn't a good thing to say.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
I missed the ExBruce about not having any NBA players.  What a  :sdeek:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
Anyone with any business acumen at all, I'm talking like lemonade stand level thinking, knows Weber's relatively small buyout isn't a deterrent to firing him. Last year we reported a men's basketball revenue of $9.3 million. Having a coach the fans have given up on will result in a sharp drop in ticket sales, apparel, concessions, and of course donations. Having something to believe in will result in an increase.

Pretty basic stuff.

I don't disagree but I don't know that we've reached a tipping point to make that change.  A lot of the same people that bought tickets this year will buy tickets next.  Maybe even more if we add another couple wins in the NIT.  Weber has the white kid from Kansas that plays "the right way."  That sells a lot of tickets and buys a lot of patience.

Come on with this crap, man. There is no possible way to know who is going to renew their tickets but the sliding attendance is a metric I'd look at instead of people investing thousands of dollars because we have a white kid.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2017, 07:58:37 PM »
Shulz defended attendance after last year and I didn't think there would be a significant change going into this next year.

This OU loss though, man. I don't know how he silver lines this season at this point.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
Schulz is gone and even before today's embarrassment the atmosphere around this team is very different than last season. The availability of Brad Underwood drove the narrative last season, this is all about oscar.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »

https://twitter.com/johny_epleseed/status/836247233607655424

… DANGIT.

There you go, ruining it all. Hope you’re happy. Hope you sleep well at night.

We talked about this on the Border Patrol, but c’mon, that was really bad. Kellis Robinett was nice enough to not include the part where Weber said he and D. Scott Fritchen are the only people who criticize him, but this was a bad look on, just off the top of my head, at least five levels:

? The two reporters he called out are very, very, very, very, very far from unfair. Kellis and Scott live in Manhattan, attend virtually every game and news conference, and each do a good job reporting fairly and accurately and energetically. Nobody believes these are gotcha journalists trying to crush Weber at every opportunity.

? Speaking of things nobody believes, his stance is that Kellis and Scott are the ONLY people criticizing him? He’s heard people boo him. He even high-fived one. He is deeply aware of what’s said about him. He can say he doesn’t care, and nobody would believe that either, but he can’t say two beat writers are the only people criticizing him.

? This isn’t even a “oscar Weber is struggling” thing. The most successful coaches in the sport take criticism, even when they’re winning.

? Weber is 60 years old, and in his 19th season as a Division I head basketball coach. He is making $1.85 million this season. He has to know that some criticism is part of the gig when things aren’t going well.

? It’s a terrible look when you let the cracks show. He said this after being blow’d out by 30 points against the worst team in the league. He has to know he’s coaching for his job at this point, and he’s not doing himself any favors. K-State’s players decided not to talk with reporters after the loss, another bad look, but I assume they’re following their coach’s lead on this. If this is a sort of Hail Mary move — the media hates us! Let’s rally and make the NCAA Tournament! — then I suppose it’s a strategy, but it’s a desperate strategy. Not sure what’s wrong with pointing out you’re disappointed in the result, saying some stuff like you have higher standards than anyone else, and that you’ll work hard to fix it.

I say all this as someone who likes oscar Weber. I think he’s a good basketball coach, and in many ways, has legitimate reason to feel under-appreciated. But he makes it hard to get behind him sometimes.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article135437614.html#storylink=cpy

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:23 PM »
_FAN did you see our guy luke finally turned against the oscar?!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/johny_epleseed/status/836247233607655424

… DANGIT.

There you go, ruining it all. Hope you’re happy. Hope you sleep well at night.

We talked about this on the Border Patrol, but c’mon, that was really bad. Kellis Robinett was nice enough to not include the part where Weber said he and D. Scott Fritchen are the only people who criticize him, but this was a bad look on, just off the top of my head, at least five levels:

? The two reporters he called out are very, very, very, very, very far from unfair. Kellis and Scott live in Manhattan, attend virtually every game and news conference, and each do a good job reporting fairly and accurately and energetically. Nobody believes these are gotcha journalists trying to crush Weber at every opportunity.

? Speaking of things nobody believes, his stance is that Kellis and Scott are the ONLY people criticizing him? He’s heard people boo him. He even high-fived one. He is deeply aware of what’s said about him. He can say he doesn’t care, and nobody would believe that either, but he can’t say two beat writers are the only people criticizing him.

? This isn’t even a “oscar Weber is struggling” thing. The most successful coaches in the sport take criticism, even when they’re winning.

? Weber is 60 years old, and in his 19th season as a Division I head basketball coach. He is making $1.85 million this season. He has to know that some criticism is part of the gig when things aren’t going well.

? It’s a terrible look when you let the cracks show. He said this after being blow’d out by 30 points against the worst team in the league. He has to know he’s coaching for his job at this point, and he’s not doing himself any favors. K-State’s players decided not to talk with reporters after the loss, another bad look, but I assume they’re following their coach’s lead on this. If this is a sort of Hail Mary move — the media hates us! Let’s rally and make the NCAA Tournament! — then I suppose it’s a strategy, but it’s a desperate strategy. Not sure what’s wrong with pointing out you’re disappointed in the result, saying some stuff like you have higher standards than anyone else, and that you’ll work hard to fix it.

I say all this as someone who likes oscar Weber. I think he’s a good basketball coach, and in many ways, has legitimate reason to feel under-appreciated. But he makes it hard to get behind him sometimes.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article135437614.html#storylink=cpy

see what i mean?

** It’s 2017, so I can’t believe I still have to say this, but DO NOT GET THE FRIES. Just get an extra burger. Trust me.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »

Yes! And he likes Forbes and not Henson and Ro.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »

Yes! And he likes Forbes and not Henson and Ro.
its unreal.. I cant wrap my head around that guy

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »
He said this after being blow’d out by 30 points

what the eff is this crap