Author Topic: Ask Chingon Science Qs Until He Has To Come Back And Correct Our Ignorance  (Read 13224 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Chingon Science Qs Until He Has To Come Back And Correct Our Ignorance
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
where does this energy go?
http://www.space.com/31241-black-hole-eats-star-returns-leftovers.html

does the energy emitted equal the energy that it took in? 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2015, 04:48:30 PM »
Why did we develop an appendix?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2015, 04:55:25 PM »
If everything in the universe reacts according to the laws of physics, and our brains are in the universe, then are not our thoughts and actions also bound by the same laws, and therefore isn't the future pre-determined?

The Big Train

« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2015, 06:40:26 PM »

Probably not, I would imagine that even a minute amount would be consumed and crushed inside the event horizon of the black hole

The Big Train

« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2015, 06:42:53 PM »
If everything in the universe reacts according to the laws of physics, and our brains are in the universe, then are not our thoughts and actions also bound by the same laws, and therefore isn't the future pre-determined?

No, the laws of physics differ between the large and very small.  At the quantum level nothing is ever predetermined, hell, electrons can and are in more than one place at the exact same time, which is why quantum computing, if ever perfected, would exponentially increase our computing power at an unimaginable scale.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2015, 06:47:31 PM »

No, the laws of physics differ between the large and very small.  At the quantum level nothing is ever predetermined, hell, electrons can and are in more than one place at the exact same time, which is why quantum computing, if ever perfected, would exponentially increase our computing power at an unimaginable scale.

Don't care about computers.  Will this lead to time travel and what are the possibilities it's perfected in the next 50 years?  Would like to go back to college, specifically December 1998 when I had mono and cough all over Dat Nguyen's fat face
@lopakman

The Big Train

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »

Don't care about computers.  Will this lead to time travel and what are the possibilities it's perfected in the next 50 years?  Would like to go back to college, specifically December 1998 when I had mono and cough all over Dat Nguyen's fat face

We already have time travelers, they are living in the international space station right now!  They age slightly slower, like a couple minutes a year slower I believe.  The reason being they have less gravity affecting them.  Although time is relative based on perception and the forces of nature, it only flows in one direction, so going back in time is impossible.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »

Probably not, I would imagine that even a minute amount would be consumed and crushed inside the event horizon of the black hole

tell me more about crushing energy, Mr Physics Master 2015

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The Big Train

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »

the energy that gets spewed out used to be matter, but was converted to energy. a portion of the matter was not converted to energy and crushed inside the black hole. smart ass

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2015, 08:05:49 PM »
noted Swiss artist and total weirdo HR Giger claims that humans never deal with the trauma of childbirth and so we suppress it that it haunts us in our subconscious.

Do you think infants are able to perceive enough and develop memories to a degree to generate a trauma?  Might I be unconsciously seeking out the recreation of a womb for myself with every Chipotle burrito?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2015, 08:10:06 PM »

the energy that gets spewed out used to be matter, but was converted to energy. a portion of the matter was not converted to energy and crushed inside the black hole. smart ass

so the black hole isn't crushing energy, it's crushing matter. 

The Big Train

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2015, 08:12:41 PM »

so the black hole isn't crushing energy, it's crushing matter.  what becomes of it?

There is a Nobel prize with your name on it if you can answer that question 'clams

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The Big Train

« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2015, 08:35:17 PM »
this article represents my view on the question i asked you.
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2015/07/big-bang-nixed-our-universe-evolved-from-the-black-hole-of-a-collapsed-4-d-star-todays-most-popular.html

interesting, sounds like a mix of string theory and multiverse.  Einstein theorized the possibility of the mathematical equivalent of a black hole, or white hole, and basically all matter and energy that is consumed by a black hole would have the equivalent ejection from a white hole.

exponential inflation is also interesting and recent studies have shown that dark energy may be the driving force behind it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
 :Wha:

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »
noted Swiss artist and total weirdo HR Giger claims that humans never deal with the trauma of childbirth and so we suppress it that it haunts us in our subconscious.

Do you think infants are able to perceive enough and develop memories to a degree to generate a trauma?  Might I be unconsciously seeking out the recreation of a womb for myself with every Chipotle burrito?

The documentary on Giger is fascinating... 

More likely that very religious conservative upbringing + LSD leads to vag = bad?/good? confusion trauma.  To know for sure, you'll need to drop some acid and/or other hard psychedelic drugs, and tackle a Chipotle burrito.  If you try to crawl into the burrito, then Giger is right.  If you eat it, then it's just a burrito.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2015, 12:26:31 PM »
What if you eat it because it's a womb?  :runaway:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite