Author Topic: When the going gets tough  (Read 1218 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
When the going gets tough
« on: October 18, 2015, 12:27:24 PM »
The quiters quit. This season was not going to be easy and seeing the fans leave in the second quarter, I told my wife, watch, they are not going to return. How many of you were there, stayed, even though you knew what the score was going to be? I did, and I might add, I am not into whips and chips, pain and dips. Don't want to hear your excuses....this is your team....your players....sometimes you have to put your man pants on and support 'em through thick or thin.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: When the going gets tough
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »
Lol.  Fantastic Wabashing from Tuck Nation

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »
These people are the problem.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »
I'll agree that I'm not into whips and chips, pain and dips.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »
There is a type of person, who believes its their duty to be a fan of a team and its like their job to "stick it out through think and thin". I get not quitting being a fan of your school just because a team has a bad year, but it doesn't make you superior as a person to sit in the stadium while the team loses. Going to a game is a sacrifice. I went to both ALCS games, and it was a sacrifice. For Game 2, I wanted to meet up with _FAN, but because of kids and work and stuff, I walked into the stadium as the Anthem was playing, and basically ran to the car after out 3 in the 9th.

Not sitting in a stadium to watch crap definitely doesn't make you a quitter. Fans need to quit acting like they are actually on the team

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 01:08:32 PM »
I'll agree that I'm not into whips and chips, pain and dips.

well this is disappointing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
There is a type of person, who believes its their duty to be a fan of a team and its like their job to "stick it out through think and thin". I get not quitting being a fan of your school just because a team has a bad year, but it doesn't make you superior as a person to sit in the stadium while the team loses. Going to a game is a sacrifice. I went to both ALCS games, and it was a sacrifice. For Game 2, I wanted to meet up with _FAN, but because of kids and work and stuff, I walked into the stadium as the Anthem was playing, and basically ran to the car after out 3 in the 9th.

Not sitting in a stadium to watch crap definitely doesn't make you a quitter. Fans need to quit acting like they are actually on the team

^^^^^^ does not wear man pants