Author Topic: Stay out of the kitchen and bakeries Sam I Am.  (Read 1944 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Stay out of the kitchen and bakeries Sam I Am.
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
They asked God his name, he said I AM.  Uncle Sam believes his name is I Am.  Banning trans fat sounds great on the surface, but the doors this action opens and the precedent it sets is bad to individual freedom and state taking control of our lives.  This substance is not being banned because it is poisonous, but because it can cause health problems.  Sugar causes health problems, carbs are bad for diabetics, some say products made from  GMOs are not healthy.  Warn us and let us decide to be stupid.  The market then will phase it out.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Stay out of the kitchen and bakeries Sam I Am.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 11:53:42 AM »
 :jerk:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 04:55:03 PM »
They asked God his name, he said I AM.  Uncle Sam believes his name is I Am.  Banning trans fat sounds great on the surface, but the doors this action opens and the precedent it sets is bad to individual freedom and state taking control of our lives.  This substance is not being banned because it is poisonous, but because it can cause health problems.  Sugar causes health problems, carbs are bad for diabetics, some say products made from  GMOs are not healthy.  Warn us and let us decide to be stupid.  The market then will phase it out.
With regards to GMO's I totally agree. I mean, approximately 19 trillion (actual number, not hyperbole) meals made from GMO's have been consumed by earthlings, and it is killing people left and right. BAN THEM NOW!!!!!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »
why did this need its own thread?
Quote from: ksuw machinations on z obamas
Jamming his nose in the rear holes of our life again.  This guy tries to regulate everything, including what  we can eat.  FDA is banning the use of partially hydrogenated oils, Trans fats, in food.  A bunch of good stuff will  be ruined like pie, cookies, margarine, microwave popcorn.  I have no problems with labels saying a product has PHO, but let me eat it if it is not poison and I am stupid enough to do so.  Obama still smokes cigarettes so I should be able to clog my arteries.  Food fascist on the loose, what is next, no meat?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
I am just tired of the PC tyrants in government slowly nibbling away at personal freedom and responsibility.   The assumption seems to be that Americans cannot make life decisions for themselves even at the most basic levels like eating.  It started with local governments limiting the size of sugary drinks that a person could drink.  IMO it is the responsibility of the individual as to what they pour or jam down their gullet and the volume.  Democrats are always howling about the rights of the individual especially what cannot be done to someone's body, i.e. the abortion issue. Some peple call this application of the nanny state.  Mark Levin calls is satanist control.  I do not need Uncle Sam to change my diaper.  I think we can be grown ups.  Warn me, and let me what i choose to do.  If I croak prematurely, so be it.   The door has been opened in the name of Healthcare that can lead to the regulation of our basic life activities.  Renosweets does that just fine.  Obama is not needed

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 04:58:41 AM »
So who pays for your heart attack at age 40, especially when prior to the aca your insurance company could dump you for care limits or preexisting conditions?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 08:50:57 AM »
I listened to a podcast last week that noted that the CEO of general mills, kraft, and other large processed food corps have been meeting as a group the last couple years trying to figure out a way they can all move away from ingredients like that.  They openly recognized a link in some of the food products they use to cancer, diabetes,  the obesity epidemic, and other major issues.  They noted that they actually wanted govt reg so that they all had a level playing field.  They fear volunteering the change only to have a competitor keep using those ingredients and putting yhem.out of biz.

I guess the ingredients in question are cheap, store super well, and activate parts of our brains that make us want the stuff more.  Moving away from a combo like that is basically cutting your own throat unless everyone has to.  Asking the market to regulate cheap food that ppl think is delish is just not going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 09:20:57 AM »
I want government to stay out of my life and my choices!

I want government to ban the gays!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 10:06:54 AM »
You need to get out of Oklahoma more often. Weird little bubble you live in.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
Yeah.  Come to KS.  It's waaaay diff.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 10:25:15 AM »
Lol

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »
Yeah.  Come to KS.  It's waaaay diff.

I was thinking further than that.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
okcat, go to the CA bubble

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
bubbles4ksu

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
Then my name would be cacat and that looks odd

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:33 AM »
So who pays for your heart attack at age 40, especially when prior to the aca your insurance company could dump you for care limits or preexisting conditions?
If you believe the state can solve the problems of society even at the very basic levels of human  existance, then what you say makes sense.  I am not for state control.  I am not ready to carte blanche give the responsibility of how I live my life over to the government.  PC regulators need a justifiable cause and reason to issue a regulation to protect harm to society and persons. They will be trying a lot to health care. People.will support the efforts because of their wallets.  Just think, 20% of medical costs come at the end of life. Look out grandma.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
okcat, go to the CA bubble

Maybe start with some place like Colorado. CA might be too much of a shock to the system.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 11:07:56 AM »
Trans fat isn't illegal, make it at home and Oreo up. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »
If you believe the state can solve the problems of society even at the very basic levels of human  existance, then what you say makes sense.  I am not for state control.  I am not ready to carte blanche give the responsibility of how I live my life over to the government.  PC regulators need a justifiable cause and reason to issue a regulation to protect harm to society and persons. They will be trying a lot to health care. People.will support the efforts because of their wallets.  Just think, 20% of medical costs come at the end of life. Look out grandma.

So you don't want to answer the question then?  It isn't about what I believe, its about the demands that people are already putting on society (and what our founders wanted our society to 'do').  If you want a fat eff to die in the gutter because they had a heart attack at 40, move to rough ridin' Somalia because that has never been the American project.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »
Edna debating reno is good, not great, comedy.   :lol:

Anyone defending this crap is a rough ridin' police state lunatic. Good grief, edna.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 09:24:54 AM »
I am just tired of the PC tyrants in government slowly nibbling away at personal freedom and responsibility.   The assumption seems to be that Americans cannot make life decisions for themselves even at the most basic levels like eating.  It started with local governments limiting the size of sugary drinks that a person could drink.  IMO it is the responsibility of the individual as to what they pour or jam down their gullet and the volume.  Democrats are always howling about the rights of the individual especially what cannot be done to someone's body, i.e. the abortion issue. Some peple call this application of the nanny state.  Mark Levin calls is satanist control.  I do not need Uncle Sam to change my diaper.  I think we can be grown ups.  Warn me, and let me what i choose to do.  If I croak prematurely, so be it.   The door has been opened in the name of Healthcare that can lead to the regulation of our basic life activities.  Renosweets does that just fine.  Obama is not needed

Yet I can't shake my ass at my Prom?  Weird line