Author Topic: Bravo LHCBS, Brav-effen-O  (Read 1554 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bravo LHCBS, Brav-effen-O
« on: January 03, 2015, 10:41:29 AM »
Huge tip of the hat for getting 9 wins out of that rolling gang of stories around the fire on a cold winters day bunch of walk-ons, legacies and DITR's.

Also, a huge tip of the cap because you've embedded a perpetual dichotomy of feel good'ism when K-State wins games and all the tucks and announcers can drone on incessantly about how LHC LHC Bill Snyder and staff do it with walk-ons, lightly recruited kids and 16 points cultist.    Then on the flip side, when K-State gets worked by a team with superior talent, that has good coaches and is prepared for a game, the same legion of tucks can all line up and say that you and your staff are trying to beat future NFL guys with Bazooka Joe and the Diamond in the Rough band.

It's a D. Scott Fritchen world at K-State, where the coaches are never really accountable when the team doesn't perform and you too cool for schooler goEMAW'ers are just going to have to learn to live with it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bravo LHCBS, Brav-effen-O
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
my dad is a pretty big tuck most of the time. after last night's game however he echoed many of these same sentiments. he's sick of constantly hearing about #family and coming out flat in every big game we play. it just struck me because it made me wonder how many people will start feeling the same.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
Huge tip of the hat for getting 9 wins out of that rolling gang of stories around the fire on a cold winters day bunch of walk-ons, legacies and DITR's.

Also, a huge tip of the cap because you've embedded a perpetual dichotomy of feel good'ism when K-State wins games and all the tucks and announcers can drone on incessantly about how LHC LHC Bill Snyder and staff do it with walk-ons, lightly recruited kids and 16 points cultist.    Then on the flip side, when K-State gets worked by a team with superior talent, that has good coaches and is prepared for a game, the same legion of tucks can all line up and say that you and your staff are trying to beat future NFL guys with Bazooka Joe and the Diamond in the Rough band.

It's a D. Scott Fritchen world at K-State, where the coaches are never really accountable when the team doesn't perform and you too cool for schooler goEMAW'ers are just going to have to learn to live with it.
Teams with superior talent and good coaches who prepare for the game should win.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:40:45 AM »
I kind of like Joe Business.  As in, "Joe's giving them the business tonight!".  Or, "Joe's all business out on the field today!".  "There's no business like Joe Business!".
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 12:50:34 AM »
Not the right context

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »
my dad is a pretty big tuck most of the time. after last night's game however he echoed many of these same sentiments. he's sick of constantly hearing about #family and coming out flat in every big game we play. it just struck me because it made me wonder how many people will start feeling the same.

Dads comin around ay!

I don't like the family and 16 points thingy. I think its incredibly soft and lame.

Id rather be known for nastiness and major wins. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 09:13:24 AM »
It is pretty Brucey that the coaches get all the credit when they win and also get credit when they lose.