Author Topic: Twitter, Republicans, Super PACs are all above the law  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter, Republicans, Super PACs are all above the law
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »
Deflect, deflect, deflect.....

I'm not deflecting anything. Deflecting would be saying "yeah, well the other side does it, too (and I'm sure they do, but that's not my point)." Feel free to bitch about this - I'll go ahead and concede that they broke the law because I could care less. I believe in the First Amendment right to freedom of speech, so I'm not going to get my panties in a wad when someone violates laws that trample on the Constitution. Do you realize that many of our Founding Fathers wrote some of their most influential work anonymously?

:Wha:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »
So publicly tweeting out polling data is illegal?

I think the part where they encoded the data so that it wasn't really made available to the public is illegal, but I'm not really sure.

Maybe it isn't really encoded to someone familiar with polling data?  :dunno:

I saw an article that gave an example of a tweet.  It was something like this: 12/20, 38/42, 50/21, etc.

If you were familiar with polling data, knew what order, where, and what the numbers indicated, then yes, you could easily decode it. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
So publicly tweeting out polling data is illegal?

I think the part where they encoded the data so that it wasn't really made available to the public is illegal, but I'm not really sure.

Maybe it isn't really encoded to someone familiar with polling data?  :dunno:

I saw an article that gave an example of a tweet.  It was something like this: 12/20, 38/42, 50/21, etc.

If you were familiar with polling data, knew what order, where, and what the numbers indicated, then yes, you could easily decode it.

Here is an actual example: CA-40/43-44/49-44/44-50/36-44/49-10/16/14-52-->49/476-10s

I have no doubt that these were only meant for certain people and by doing it via public tweet was a way to circumvent certain rules. But, rules are rules and they were smart enough to find a legal loophole. Good work, GOP.

I'm sure if they bothered to look, they would have found the same type of tweets from Harry Reids' Super Duper pac. They were the biggest spenders this time around.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
is it a loop hole?  I get it was posted publicly, but it is gibberish unless you have the coordinated code.  The intent is obvious.  Is that not legally weighed? 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
Drink More Ovaltine

Anybody else?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
is it a loop hole?  I get it was posted publicly, but it is gibberish unless you have the coordinated code.  The intent is obvious.  Is that not legally weighed?

CA-40/43-44/49-44/44-50/36-44/49-10/16/14-52-->49/476-10s

I think if you look at that long enough, it is probably 5 different polls taken on October 16th within California 52nd congressional district. I don't think it needs to be decoded.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 02:32:43 PM »

CA-40/43-44/49-44/44-50/36-44/49-10/16/14-52-->49/476-10s

I think if you look at that long enough, it is probably 5 different polls taken on October 16th within California 52nd congressional district. I don't think it needs to be decoded.

I don't think you are being objective. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
If the democrats did this, the blogosphere would be going nutso and dax/ksuw would already have cute (but probably slightly racist) code words for the entire ordeal
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 03:46:49 PM »
If the democrats did this, the blogosphere would be going nutso and dax/ksuw would already have cute (but probably slightly racist) code words for the entire ordeal

I would probably just point out the hypocrisy of breaking the very laws they're advocating for. Sort of like wanting higher taxes but dodging them, opposing vouchers while sending kids to private school, ranting about co2 while spewing it from their jets and mansions, etc.

As for code words, I probably just stick with libtard, but now that I think of it, libocrite has a nice ring to it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »
Republicans are the university of North Carolina of political cheating.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 06:52:45 PM »

Didn't the mob use the newspaper in their illegal gaming racquet?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »
The people whining about this are the same people who think requiring an ID to vote is oppressive.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 07:10:25 AM »

You are so full of Ovaltine!